User Tag List

View Poll Results: Gay Marriage - Yes or no?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

67 93.06%
  • No

7 9.72%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 71516171819 Last

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    dear @Speed Gavroche... you don't make any sense... you have not explained in a coherent, non "they're out there trying to destroy all that is good because they're satan loving commies!" manner... I'd kind of like a rational explanation, no offense

and I've held this attitude since long before lady gaga decided to tweet about it... and nobody has pointed out to me yet in a practical manner why allowing people to get married is any different than allowing them to cohabitate and raise babies- or why letting one set do so is any more horrible than allowing another set to do so

I'm guessing though, that you don't HAVE a rational explanation lacks all kinds of paranoia, so have a great evening whippersnapper... don't let lady gaga suck your toes in your sleep!
    If I recall correctly, Speed Gavroche is an anarchist of the juvenile variety. He does not like any law or legal concept, so it is only fair that he opposes the legal recognition of gay marriage. Of course, this also makes discussing this matter with him entirely pointless.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    The problem is that, as I've ever said, the destruction of tradition is not an hidden motivation that I imagined, but a shown and openly proclaimed attention. That's not a paranoia. Gay marriage is just a part of a global social engineering. It is not hidden, it is an open motive.

Also, the goal is less the destruction of the world, than the etablishment of a new world order, but all form of tradition risen freely and spontaneously must be destroyed before.

We don't need laws to have gays raising babies or even marying, so the goal of the law is necessarly something else.
    OK. I'm convinced. You may go away now.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    If I recall correctly, Speed Gavroche is an anarchist of the juvenile variety.
    An anarchist of the juvenile variety is someone who refuse every sort of social order. I simply refuse every sort of social enginnering and constructivism.

Big mistake to not see the difference.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I simply refuse every sort of social enginnering and constructivism.
    Very cute.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    It's only because most of what you have said has been questionable, so it's hard to know how much you really believe and what underlying opinions it all relates to.
    Well, it would be hard to draw out every single detail of my reasoning. I'm striving for an ideal where parents are close to perfect and where a child is not conceived solely to serve the rest of humanity, nor solely as a decoration, but as an act of love between two people as well - two people of the best nature. I'm afraid that artificial insemination is more of an act of "I want a child and I'll get one by any means" rather than "I'll have a child with you because you're the ideal man/woman".
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    Sure, guys, ignore the rest of what I said and nitpick on small details.
    What was your main point, then? Perhaps if multiple people are missing it, it could be rephrased more clearly.
    -end of thread-

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    Well, it would be hard to draw out every single detail of my reasoning. I'm striving for an ideal where parents are close to perfect and where a child is not conceived solely to serve the rest of humanity, nor solely as a decoration, but as an act of love between two people as well - two people of the best nature. I'm afraid that artificial insemination is more of an act of "I want a child and I'll get one by any means" rather than "I'll have a child with you because you're the ideal man/woman".
    I mostly agree on this. Although I don't see an obvious connection to the thread topic.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Hmmm... 40-5 right now, but 2 of the 5 also voted for it. Such drama.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Very cute.
    So cute that you can't argue against.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I mostly agree on this. Although I don't see an obvious connection to the thread topic.
    It got on a tangent with the artificial insemination after I mentioned my one problem with gay marriage. Sorry about that!

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    What was your main point, then? Perhaps if multiple people are missing it, it could be rephrased more clearly.
    My main point is that gays can marry if they wish, but the current style of promoting it is terrible. If you draw clear lines between homosexual and heterosexual marriage and then start having parades and promotions of one or the other - or both - it no longer is the love between two people but a social trend.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer