User Tag List

View Poll Results: Gay Marriage - Yes or no?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

67 93.06%
  • No

7 9.72%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I think we first need to decide whether marriage is a privilege or a right and adjust accordingly from there.
    Are those the only options?

I vote yes, because I think it's only right that gay people should have the right to suffer the same misery as everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    How does Falcarius define 'normal'?
    Lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post

Falcarius was not the one who blames the inadequacy of humanity on animalism by way of irrelevant conclusion. So his opinion on computational theory and the legality of abacuses is quit frankly irrelevant.
    Of course, I forgot about the other alternative you had left: being unreasonable.

MBTI
    xxTP

Theft is, in any case, natural. If it is not, how can Falcarius tolerate it that computers are legal?
    You could argue that technological progress is natural to humans as man has always fought to dominate his natural environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    You could argue that technological progress is natural as man has always fought to dominate nature.
    You could argue that using a computer to play a pointless Facebook game has nothing to do with dominating nature.

Permabanned

As of right now, it's legal here.

I said no.

But, I was wrong.

MBTI
    xxTP

You could argue that using a computer to play a pointless Facebook game has nothing to do with dominating nature.
    Who defended such behaviour? Not me...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

On this subject, it would be more or less synonyms with natural. To go against the physical and genetic nature of the animal kingdom is not normal in Falcarius' view.
    It's not directly genetic; like many things that are accredited to genetics, it's actually hormonal applied during available development windows. "Genetics" is not a magic formula, it's merely a script that might naturally produce varied results during development depending on environmental factors.

And, while I haven't read all of your ongoing convo with Nico and others, I'll note the behavior is observable and thus instinctive in a number of species, including primates.

Sadly as it may be, society were more forgiving and acceptive of Elmo's dislike of pronouns and fondness of using illeism than his improper sexual relations.
    That wasn't Elmo, that was the man wielding him.

And the issue was that his paramours were underage, not that they were the same gender.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

They were 15 right?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

sperm whales swipe fish from commercial fishermen, for what it is worth every animal in known to man has undertook misappropriation for thousands of years. Obviously theft is perfectly normal.
    First of all, interesting analogy [insert Freudian chin rub here].

Secondly, why isn't it commercial fishermen swiping fish from whales? Whales were here first, after all (both sperm and other varieties are available). Are whales more or less natural than man? Their fishing methods are both more "natural" and sustainable, so surely they have the prior claim? Aren't commercial fishing boats a violation of nature (in every sense)? Shouldn't we therefore outlaw them? We can eat land animals, we have no need to go to sea. The sea is not our natural habitat. You don't see whales coming ashore to fish for men. Does that make the whale a more moral animal, sticking as it does with what nature has provided?

Contraception also goes against nature's plan, should we outlaw that too?

You cannot argue for Nature only when it aligns with your own prejudices, or else you risk looking inconsistent, at best.

As for "normal" this has no meaning other than common. Are you really trying to suggest that something is more elevated simply because it is common? Where does that leave INTPs? Should they not be allowed to marry because they are uncommon? (As opposed to just being generally undesirable)

Stop stealing all the fish, there's enough to go around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Are those the only options?
    Yeah, I think so. I'm pretty sure that anything else is actually reducible to one of those two common denominators.

I suppose a third option would be to not get into people's business, but that's like a joke. It'll never happen.

Also why is the forum not notifying me of quotes again?

Edit:
    and really the difference seems to be that privilege has limitation as the default stance and can be revoked, while a right on the other hand has limitation as the exceptional stance.

It's like 'if' vs. 'unless'. The exclusion comes in from different sides.