User Tag List

First 345

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

^ Yeah, I hear you over all that. On the face of it, I guess it does seem crazy. But that is a common reaction when someone commits suicide...it seems crazy...no one knew it was coming. For some reason, to her this wasn't trivial.

If the hospital was somehow abusive to her, or someone there was, I hope that comes out and is dealt with. I think it's rare that the whole truth comes out over things like this, though, sadly.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    ^ Yeah, I hear you over all that. On the face of it, I guess it does seem crazy. But that is a common reaction when someone commits suicide...it seems crazy...no one knew it was coming. For some reason, to her this wasn't trivial.

If the hospital was somehow abusive to her, or someone there was, I hope that comes out and is dealt with. I think it's rare that the whole truth comes out over things like this, though, sadly.
    I'm inclined to agree with that and the people who should be feeling pangs of conscience about their role in possibly anticipating or preventing it are never the ones who experience anything pretty much.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with that and the people who should be feeling pangs of conscience about their role in possibly anticipating or preventing it are never the ones who experience anything pretty much.
    Too true, sadly.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    xxTP

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-hospital.html

Jacintha Saldanha: Duchess hospital nurse suicide note 'criticised hospital'

A suicide note left by the nurse found dead after the hoax call to the hospital treating the Duchess of Cambridge criticised fellow staff, it has emerged.

he letter was one of three Jacintha Saldanha, 46, wrote before she was found hanging in her room at a nurses’ accommodation block at the King Edward VII Hospital in London last Friday.

Injuries to her wrists were also found, a coroner heard on Thursday. Attempts were made to revive the nurse but they were "to no avail".

Mrs Saldanha, from Bristol, had left three suicide notes for her family and had also written emails and made telephone calls that police believe might help shed light on what happened, the court was told.

Reports have claimed that one note specifically addresses her employers and criticism of hospital staff despite officials previously maintaining they were fully supportive of the nurse.

The Guardian reported that one note also specifically referred to the hoax call made by the two Australian radio presenters while a third detailed wishes for her funeral.

Two notes were found at the scene in central London and the third recovered in the nurse’s belongings.

The mother of two’s family has been given typed copies of the three handwritten notes by the police and has read the contents, the Guardian claimed.

It has been reported that the family did not know about the hoax call until after Mrs Saldanha’s death.

During a five-minute hearing at Westminster Coroner’s Court, Det Chief Insp James Harman said Mrs Saldanha, a night sister, was found by a colleague and a security guard who called the emergency services.

DCI Harman told the court: “At this time there are no suspicious circumstances apparent to me in relation to this death.”
    Detectives are talking to witnesses, friends, colleagues and Mrs Saldanha’s telephone contacts, DCI Harman said, in order to establish the circumstances that may have led to, and contributed, to her death.

Referring to the two 2 Day FM presenters who made the prank call, he added: “You will be aware of the wider circumstances in this case and I can expect in the very near future we will be in contact with colleagues in New South Wales to establish the best means of putting the evidence before you.”

Coroner’s officer Lynda Martindill said Mrs Saldanha’s accountant husband Ben Barboza, 49, had identified her body. The coroner opened and adjourned the inquest, with a full hearing listed for March 26 next year.

None of Mrs Saldanha’s family attended the hearing, but one of her colleagues was there. The coroner said: “Can I express my sympathy to you and to the family.”

Mrs Saldanha was a nurse at King Edward VII hospital, West London, where the Duchess of Cambridge was being treated for severe pregnancy sickness.

During the hoax call, the nurse transferred the DJs, believing they were the Queen and Prince of Wales, to a colleague who described in detail the condition of the Duchess of Cambridge during her hospital treatment for severe pregnancy sickness.

The Australian DJs, Mel Greig and Michael Christian, have both issued emotional apologies for her death and have since been moved into “safe houses” and given 24-hour bodyguards after receiving death threats.

The broadcasters responsible for airing the call are to be officially investigated by the Australian Communications and Media Authority, which regulates radio broadcasting, in line with the Commercial Radio Codes of Practice.

Her family are set to receive more than £320,000 from Southern Cross Austereo, the parent company for whom the presenters work for.

The hearing came on the day that Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) is to resume advertising on 2 Day FM. All profits from the adverts until the end of the year will be donated to a memorial fund established in aid of her family.

Keith Vaz, the Labour MP who is helping Mr Barboza, daughter Lisha, 14, and son Junal, 16, said a memorial service would be held in Bristol tomorrow, followed by one in Westminster Cathedral on Saturday. The hospital has offered bereavement counselling for the family in Bristol, which they have decided to take up, he added.

He did not attend the hearing but said of the family: “They are grieving in their homes, they are comforting each other and the community is comforting them, that is why they have not come.” Her body was released to her family in order to arrange her funeral in India.

A hospital spokeswoman said no one in senior management knew what the contents of the notes left were but she said officials “were very clear that there were no disciplinary issues in this matter”.

Both the nurses involved had been offered “full support” and “it was made clear they were victims of a cruel journalistic trick,” she added.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

^ Yep, I was going to say, sounds like you may be right (up to a point anyway - guess more details may emerge.)

All terribly sad, in any case. Plus, the fact that the DJs have to be in safe houses and are getting death threats is...wrong. This world is screwed up.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    All terribly sad, in any case. Plus, the fact that the DJs have to be in safe houses and are getting death threats is...wrong. This world is screwed up.
    Yep. People are crazy.

MBTI
    INTj

It's most probable that the nurse had serious issues such as depression, and the situation simply pushed her over the edge.

Despite the outrage, I think the DJs are blameless. Pranks are common place in the entertainment industry. Just look at shows like "Punk'd". The probable outcome to the "victim" is embarrassment, not severe mental anguish.

MBTI
    FREE

@Victor

I think the focus here should be the fact that these two radio hosts are from Australia. This is more evidence of the perversion of the Australian citizen. Bullying a poor woman until she kills herself. You people make me sick. Yeah, I'm looking at you Victor... filthy Aussie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    @Victor

I think the focus here should be the fact that these two radio hosts are from Australia. This is more evidence of the perversion of the Australian citizen. Bullying a poor woman until she kills herself. You people make me sick. Yeah, I'm looking at you Victor... filthy Aussie.
    It's sad that our brother, Australia, has become so gifted at manipulating the rural father-daughter incest of talk radio. I can see why the only moral beacon of godly white light is stockpiling american ammunition, their military is prepared to cleanse the land.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”