User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 49

  1. #21
    Gone Aesthete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx
    Posts
    385

    Default

    It doesn't make sense to me either. Perhaps you're correct.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

    Schopenhauer

  2. #22
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    The story went around the world, the radio station played it on repeat...she was essentially publically humiliated. For some people that's enough to push them over the edge to suicide. It wouldn't be a first.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  3. #23
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    It sucks...don't kill yourself. Please?

  4. #24
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    I don't find it hard to believe at all. I find it hard not to believe.
    No, I find it hard to believe that she would kill herself JUST because of this only. If you look at the thread you see I'm not the only one. This doesn't seem like something a person would usually do, so I will presume that this isn't sufficient explanation until I see some kind of suicide note or see that she had some kind of other problems.

    Even if they were pushing her with investigation I don't see how that leads to suicide without other factors.

    Is this a joke?
    No. Why would it be?

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    No, I find it hard to believe that she would kill herself JUST because of this only. If you look at the thread you see I'm not the only one. This doesn't seem like something a person would usually do, so I will presume that this isn't sufficient explanation until I see some kind of suicide note or see that she had some kind of other problems.

    Even if they were pushing her with investigation I don't see how that leads to suicide without other factors.
    Who said without other factors? See my OP (emphasis mine):

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    This woman had two kids...surely the Hospital must have threatened her, bullied her, and generally destroyed her for the "crime" of passing on a call in good faith. I know plenty of scenarios where people get their lives ruined for an honest error. Imagine if she had debts, 2 kids to support, and they were threatening to ruin her career...I don't endorse suicide but you can see how to someone fragile, that could push them over the edge. This is the only reason why she would have killed herself.
    To be clear, I'm not just talking about a bit of an embarrassment, I am talking about losing your career. It is not exactly unheard of for people to flip and kill themselves after that happens.

    No. Why would it be?
    Because everyone knows they have people who sign letters in their name.

  6. #26
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Who said without other factors? See my OP (emphasis mine):
    You say "Imagine if she had debts, 2 kids to support" etc etc.

    No, I'm not going to imagine that since I don't know if it's true or not. Imagining that would be setting up the situation to explain the conclusion. May as well imagine that she faced racism and her peers hated her for being Indian.

    Case in point: why isn't the other nurse who actually gave out the information dead?

    Edit: also why are so many people expressing shock and disbelief, if her death made any kind of sense?

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    You say "Imagine if she had debts, 2 kids to support" etc etc.

    No, I'm not going to imagine that since I don't know if it's true or not. Imagining that would be setting up the situation to explain the conclusion. May as well imagine that she faced racism and her peers hated her for being Indian.

    Case in point: why isn't the other nurse who actually gave out the information dead?

    Edit: also why are so many people expressing shock and disbelief, if her death made any kind of sense?
    She did have 2 kids to support.

    People are generally shocked at a suicide. I know a guy who killed himself because he went bankrupt. It was a shock regardless of there being an immediate cause.

    "Make sense" are your words, not mine...

  8. #28
    Senior Member bedeviled1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    207

    Default

    You never really know someones state of mind. Like how much they care what people think about them.
    To me its always been...dangerous...toying with people like that.
    "May you live all the days of your life"

  9. #29
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    She did have 2 kids to support.
    She had two kids and that's all I know about that situation.

    People are generally shocked at a suicide. I know a guy who killed himself because he went bankrupt. It was a shock regardless of there being an immediate cause.
    Except in that case you knew that he actually went bankrupt and did not just imagine that to be the case as a way of having a reason for the suicide.

    "Make sense" are your words, not mine...
    You're trying to posit what specifically could have driven her to suicide so making sense is kind of important, isn't it?

    I mean you're actually saying that it's the hospital and not the radio station and basing it on the premise that she's losing her career but I don't see what actually supports that, unless you have information that I don't have.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    She had two kids and that's all I know about that situation.


    Except in that case you knew that he actually went bankrupt and did not just imagine that to be the case as a way of having a reason for the suicide.


    You're trying to posit what specifically could have driven her to suicide so making sense is kind of important, isn't it?

    I mean you're actually saying that it's the hospital and not the radio station and basing it on the premise that she's losing her career but I don't see what actually supports that, unless you have information that I don't have.
    I proposed a hypothesis which I find realistic, and defended it against claims that it is unrealistic.

    Can I, or am I attempting to, positively prove it? No. I am just making the case that my line of inquiry should, based on the evidence at hand, be pursued and not dismissed. Nothing more.

    /Still writing Dissertation on a Saturday night. :'(

Similar Threads

  1. Fabio called me
    By Ivy in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-19-2016, 07:02 PM
  2. Man Calls Suicide Hotline - Police Kill Him
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-31-2015, 11:15 AM
  3. The Plague Called Undercutting
    By rivercrow in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 05:01 PM
  4. Call your dad!
    By Ivy in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 04:46 PM
  5. Discrete methods of suicide
    By JivinJeffJones in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 06:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO