User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

It doesn't make sense to me either. Perhaps you're correct.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

The story went around the world, the radio station played it on repeat...she was essentially publically humiliated. For some people that's enough to push them over the edge to suicide. It wouldn't be a first.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Permabanned

It sucks...don't kill yourself. Please?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    I don't find it hard to believe at all. I find it hard not to believe.
    No, I find it hard to believe that she would kill herself JUST because of this only. If you look at the thread you see I'm not the only one. This doesn't seem like something a person would usually do, so I will presume that this isn't sufficient explanation until I see some kind of suicide note or see that she had some kind of other problems.

Even if they were pushing her with investigation I don't see how that leads to suicide without other factors.

Is this a joke?
    No. Why would it be?

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    No, I find it hard to believe that she would kill herself JUST because of this only. If you look at the thread you see I'm not the only one. This doesn't seem like something a person would usually do, so I will presume that this isn't sufficient explanation until I see some kind of suicide note or see that she had some kind of other problems.

Even if they were pushing her with investigation I don't see how that leads to suicide without other factors.
    Who said without other factors? See my OP (emphasis mine):

This woman had two kids...surely the Hospital must have threatened her, bullied her, and generally destroyed her for the "crime" of passing on a call in good faith. I know plenty of scenarios where people get their lives ruined for an honest error. Imagine if she had debts, 2 kids to support, and they were threatening to ruin her career...I don't endorse suicide but you can see how to someone fragile, that could push them over the edge. This is the only reason why she would have killed herself.
    To be clear, I'm not just talking about a bit of an embarrassment, I am talking about losing your career. It is not exactly unheard of for people to flip and kill themselves after that happens.

No. Why would it be?
    Because everyone knows they have people who sign letters in their name.

MBTI
    INFJ

Who said without other factors? See my OP (emphasis mine):
    You say "Imagine if she had debts, 2 kids to support" etc etc.

No, I'm not going to imagine that since I don't know if it's true or not. Imagining that would be setting up the situation to explain the conclusion. May as well imagine that she faced racism and her peers hated her for being Indian.

Case in point: why isn't the other nurse who actually gave out the information dead?

Edit: also why are so many people expressing shock and disbelief, if her death made any kind of sense?

MBTI
    xxTP

You say "Imagine if she had debts, 2 kids to support" etc etc.

No, I'm not going to imagine that since I don't know if it's true or not. Imagining that would be setting up the situation to explain the conclusion. May as well imagine that she faced racism and her peers hated her for being Indian.

Case in point: why isn't the other nurse who actually gave out the information dead?

Edit: also why are so many people expressing shock and disbelief, if her death made any kind of sense?
    She did have 2 kids to support.

People are generally shocked at a suicide. I know a guy who killed himself because he went bankrupt. It was a shock regardless of there being an immediate cause.

"Make sense" are your words, not mine...

You never really know someones state of mind. Like how much they care what people think about them.
    To me its always been...dangerous...toying with people like that.
    "May you live all the days of your life"

MBTI
    INFJ

She did have 2 kids to support.
    She had two kids and that's all I know about that situation.

People are generally shocked at a suicide. I know a guy who killed himself because he went bankrupt. It was a shock regardless of there being an immediate cause.
    Except in that case you knew that he actually went bankrupt and did not just imagine that to be the case as a way of having a reason for the suicide.

"Make sense" are your words, not mine...
    You're trying to posit what specifically could have driven her to suicide so making sense is kind of important, isn't it?

I mean you're actually saying that it's the hospital and not the radio station and basing it on the premise that she's losing her career but I don't see what actually supports that, unless you have information that I don't have.

MBTI
    xxTP

She had two kids and that's all I know about that situation.

Except in that case you knew that he actually went bankrupt and did not just imagine that to be the case as a way of having a reason for the suicide.

You're trying to posit what specifically could have driven her to suicide so making sense is kind of important, isn't it?

I mean you're actually saying that it's the hospital and not the radio station and basing it on the premise that she's losing her career but I don't see what actually supports that, unless you have information that I don't have.
    I proposed a hypothesis which I find realistic, and defended it against claims that it is unrealistic.

Can I, or am I attempting to, positively prove it? No. I am just making the case that my line of inquiry should, based on the evidence at hand, be pursued and not dismissed. Nothing more.

/Still writing Dissertation on a Saturday night. :'(