User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    What if she got threatened with internal investigation and possibly having her career destroyed, with two kids to support?
    Why would she? I don't understand. What's there to investigate or threaten about?

There must be a cultural aspect that gives this more weight than I am able to comprehend because I just don't understand the big deal.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Why would she? I don't understand. What's there to investigate or threaten about?

There must be a cultural aspect that gives this more weight than I am able to comprehend because I just don't understand the big deal.
    The privacy of the Royals is supposed to be sacred or some shit. Since Diana was killed, anyway. Obviously in reality the media do spy on them all the time, but they still adhere to the public line that if any detail of the Royals is leaked, it is an outrage, etc.

for this reason, the Hospital could have been in big trouble for letting slip information.

And in my experience, it isn't unlikely that they would have scapegoated this lady. Her suicide certainly makes me think she was in trouble with them.

MBTI
    INFJ

The privacy of the Royals is supposed to be sacred or some shit. Since Diana was killed, anyway. Obviously in reality the media do spy on them all the time, but they still adhere to the public line that if any detail of the Royals is leaked, it is an outrage, etc.

for this reason, the Hospital could have been in big trouble for letting slip information.

And in my experience, it isn't unlikely that they would have scapegoated this lady. Her suicide certainly makes me think she was in trouble with them.
    Yeah, that thought occurred to me, but then I also thought that if they want to maintain confidentiality they should take calls through a call center that is trained for security and not have random nurses answering phones.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I find this hard to believe, period.

Do they even know if it was actually suicide? Even if it is, how can they know it wasn't coincidental?

Anyway. This is ridiculous and smells like a tabloid scandal.
    It's not. It happened.
    Is it? What angle would you focus on?
    The culpability of radio station prank callers. It was a grossly negligent and stupid thing to do (irrespective of the appalling outcome) for a bit of light "entertainment".
    Jesus. Did they learn nothing from the death of Diana?
    It's sickening. I'm not a Royalist by any means, but everyone deserves to have the privacy of their medical records respected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    It's not. It happened.
    I don't doubt that 'it' happened. My doubt is what the 'it' is that actually did happen.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

If it wasn't suicide, you can bet the scandal would be even greater...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    xxTP

Yeah, that thought occurred to me, but then I also thought that if they want to maintain confidentiality they should take calls through a call center that is trained for security and not have random nurses answering phones.
    I'm not saying she was actually to blame, I am just saying they may have scapegoated her.

I've taken sensitive calls before. you often are not sure in the case of a very high profile client who calls regularly, who doesn't volunteer info, whether to ID them or not. These kind of things happen and people get screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    It's not. It happened.

The culpability of radio station prank callers. It was a grossly negligent and stupid thing to do (irrespective of the appalling outcome) for a bit of light "entertainment".
    Jesus. Did they learn nothing from the death of Diana?
    It's sickening. I'm not a Royalist by any means, but everyone deserves to have the privacy of their medical records respected.
    I don't disagree, but do you think she killed herself just because she felt bad about the call? Or because of threatened consequences?

I find the former impossible to believe.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm not saying she was actually to blame, I am just saying they may have scapegoated her.

I've taken sensitive calls before. you often are not sure in the case of a very high profile client who calls regularly, who doesn't volunteer info, whether to ID them or not. These kind of things happen and people get screwed.
    I suppose it can happen and maybe they did do this to her. Just seems hard to believe.

On the other hand though I have a friend who actually sent an RSVP for a party to the Obamas. The hilarious thing is that Michelle Obama sent back a reply saying they couldn't make it and it was actually signed by her and the President himself.

MBTI
    xxTP

I suppose it can happen and maybe they did do this to her. Just seems hard to believe.
    I don't find it hard to believe at all. I find it hard not to believe.

On the other hand though I have a friend who actually sent an RSVP for a party to the Obamas. The hilarious thing is that Michelle Obama sent back a reply saying they couldn't make it and it was actually signed by her and the President himself.
    Is this a joke?

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I thought this was going to be a theory that the Royals arranged for her to be bumped off. I'm kind of relieved that it isn't.

I think it's quite possible that someone at the hospital reamed her out, but we will probably never know. It's terribly sad and I think the radio station was very irresponsible, but usually stupid practical jokes don't have quite such dire consequences...but I think practical jokes are a bad idea...

Even if she was worried about losing her job, or if the hospital had treated her badly, it suggests she must have been in a bad place already to kill herself... Sorry, this is all really obvious. But it's my thoughts fwiw.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING