User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 91

  1. #71
    Senior Member bedeviled1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    207

    Default

    So what does it take to move up to different levels?
    "May you live all the days of your life"

  2. #72
    Senior Member bedeviled1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    207

    Default

    So what does it take to move up to different levels
    "May you live all the days of your life"

  3. #73
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bedeviled1 View Post
    If you think that I was stating that the elderly was lazy you clearly misunderstood my quote.
    OK, Professor Genius, why don't you read your O.P. again:

    Quote Originally Posted by bedeviled1_fail

    TITLE = MEDICARE AND SOCIALISM... ---
    "It seems obvious to me that the good old USA is in a transition period. The American dream is sadly becoming less of a reality being replaced with rewards for being lazy in exchange for less and less liberty (freedom) which some would unwittingly exchange for support for their beliefs.
    The proposal to raise the age requirement for Medicare from 65 to 67 is a continuation of the undermining of the work ethic in this country. If this doesn't affect you or any of your family or friends it might be easy to disregard. But, when a people starts neglecting its responsibilities to people that have contributed significantly to society they are definately undermining something none of us can afford to lose."
    Consider the TITLE of your post, and now look at the bolded words above.
    The only consistency is "Medicare"] and "Laziness."
    You sure as hell weren't applauding people who make blueberry cupcakes.
    If you were trying to convey anything else than "people on Medicare are lazy" then you completely missed the boat, and should consider taking a few courses that better your understanding and utilization of the English language.

    Quote Originally Posted by bedeviled1 View Post
    You are like a couple of others here in that you have too high of an opinion of yourself.
    You don't know jack shit about me, fella.
    You might want to examine your own opinion of YOURSELF considering you are making derogatory comments about "laziness" and "Medicare."

    Quote Originally Posted by bedeviled1 View Post
    Me, I know I'm clearly under qualified to argue the point...
    You didn't know you were clueless until you shot your mouth off and I PWNED you.
    If you did, you would not have posted anything as ignorant and derogatory as you did.

    Quote Originally Posted by bedeviled1 View Post
    ...but I dam sure hit a nerve somewhere.
    Don't flatter yourself.
    The only nerve of mine you are capable of hitting is the one that makes me want to fart.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  4. #74
    Senior Member bedeviled1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    OK, Professor Genius, why don't you read your O.P. again:



    Consider the TITLE of your post, and now look at the bolded words above.
    The only consistency is "Medicare"] and "Laziness."
    You sure as hell weren't applauding people who make blueberry cupcakes.
    If you were trying to convey anything else than "people on Medicare are lazy" then you completely missed the boat, and should consider taking a few courses that better your understanding and utilization of the English language.



    You don't know jack shit about me, fella.
    You might want to examine your own opinion of YOURSELF considering you are making derogatory comments about "laziness" and "Medicare."



    You didn't know you were clueless until you shot your mouth off and I PWNED you.
    If you did, you would not have posted anything as ignorant and derogatory as you did.



    Don't flatter yourself.
    The only nerve of mine you are capable of hitting is the one that makes me want to fart.
    Your funny.
    How do you suppose that "raising the eligibility age of medicare would hurt the work ethic in this country? Duh. Taking more from the HARD WORKING SENIOR CITIZENS that hve WORKED HARD all their life and are not getting the respect or $$$$$$$they deserve.
    Who do you suppose the "people that have contributed significantly to society" mentioned in my post would be?
    So you feel that you should be able to slander me but NOBODY should be able to say anything about YOUR MAJESTY.
    Your full of yourself and you insist on proving my point.
    "May you live all the days of your life"

  5. #75
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bedeviled1 View Post
    Your funny.
    How do you suppose that "raising the eligibility age of medicare would hurt the work ethic in this country? Duh. Taking more from the HARD WORKING SENIOR CITIZENS that hve WORKED HARD all their life and are not getting the respect or $$$$$$$they deserve.
    You're unfamiliarity with public health care policy is abysmal.

    When there are age-based changes in eligibility for any significant public policy the effective date of the law (especially in cases like this) is NEVER in the immediate present, or even next fiscal period.

    Instead, a "grandfather clause" is instituted - similar to the following example:

    (1) Age for Medicare eligibility is raised from 65 to 67 to accommodate longer life expectancy of human beings.

    (2) Because there would be a public outcry if the effective date of the eligibility age increase were in the immediate future (especially because OLD PEOPLE VOTE) a window of time that is considered to be sufficient to allow people to adjust their retirement planning to accommodate the age-based eligibility change is selected; in this example let's assume 15 years and the effective date is 10-1-2013, because 10-1 of any year is the first day of a Federal fiscal year.

    (3) As per (2) above, the cohort of people who are currently 50-65 years of age (in the present) would be allowed to retire at age 65 as they had planned to most of their lives without issue. The cohort of people 49 years of age and younger would be expected to adjust their retirement planning to accommodate the 2 year increase in age to qualify for Medicare.

    (4) Guess what other law utilized a grandfather clause over a much shorter window? THE LEGAL DRINKING AGE. In the 1980s (198x) the legal drinking age nationally was 18 years old. The Federal government raised the drinking age to 21 in an effort to improve highway safety, for which I cannot blame them. BUT - anyone born on 10-1-(198x - 18) or earlier was "grandfathered in" - and the drinking age for that cohort went up one year (from 18 to 19, then 19 to 20, and finally 20 to 21) each year so that those who could already drink DID NOT have any of their rights taken away from them.

    (5) Sure, the people born October 2 or later in the year 198x were slightly irritated, but a date has to be chosen to implement any policy, and no date is capable of pleasing everyone out there.

    (6) In the case of Medicare laws, effective dates have windows longer than 3 years, because it takes alot longer than 3 years to adjust retirement planning.

    (7) I expect the same grandfather clause window (aka "length of time in years") as was used for raising the age for Social Security eligibility, considering this law is already being pitched as a means to make the two programs "synchronize."

    So, you're wrong once again.
    At least you're consistent.

    Quote Originally Posted by bedeviled1 View Post
    Who do you suppose the "people that have contributed significantly to society" mentioned in my post would be?
    Considering how vague your writing is I don't think it's a good idea to read into an argument that is totally unclear and poorly written.

    Quote Originally Posted by bedeviled1 View Post
    So you feel that you should be able to slander me but NOBODY should be able to say anything about YOUR MAJESTY.
    I've slandered no one; I've simply confirmed your ignorance before God and country - again.

    Quote Originally Posted by bedeviled1 View Post
    Your full of yourself and you insist on proving my point.
    I'm not full of myself, I'm simply a hell of alot smarter than you when it comes to public policy, health care, and a myriad of other topics.

    Also, I'm not proving your point either, because you haven't made a single point in your entire diatribe.
    Have you been drunk for three days?
    If not I hope you go to a library and read everything in it before you vomit your opinions into this forum again.

    Buuuhhhh-bye now, thanks for playing.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  6. #76
    Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Posts
    3,264

    Default

    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0905141920.htm

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_501788.html


    This should give you an idea of what it takes to move to a different level.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

    "I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

    ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?


    Johari Nohari

    https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

  7. #77
    Senior Member bedeviled1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    You're unfamiliarity with public health care policy is abysmal.

    When there are age-based changes in eligibility for any significant public policy the effective date of the law (especially in cases like this) is NEVER in the immediate present, or even next fiscal period.

    Instead, a "grandfather clause" is instituted - similar to the following example:

    (1) Age for Medicare eligibility is raised from 65 to 67 to accommodate longer life expectancy of human beings.


    (2) Because there would be a public outcry if the effective date of the eligibility age increase were in the immediate future (especially because OLD PEOPLE VOTE) a window of time that is considered to be sufficient to allow people to adjust their retirement planning to accommodate the age-based eligibility change is selected; in this example let's assume 15 years and the effective date is 10-1-2013, because 10-1 of any year is the first day of a Federal fiscal year.

    (3) As per (2) above, the cohort of people who are currently 50-65 years of age (in the present) would be allowed to retire at age 65 as they had planned to most of their lives without issue. The cohort of people 49 years of age and younger would be expected to adjust their retirement planning to accommodate the 2 year increase in age to qualify for Medicare.

    (4) Guess what other law utilized a grandfather clause over a much shorter window? THE LEGAL DRINKING AGE. In the 1980s (198x) the legal drinking age nationally was 18 years old. The Federal government raised the drinking age to 21 in an effort to improve highway safety, for which I cannot blame them. BUT - anyone born on 10-1-(198x - 18) or earlier was "grandfathered in" - and the drinking age for that cohort went up one year (from 18 to 19, then 19 to 20, and finally 20 to 21) each year so that those who could already drink DID NOT have any of their rights taken away from them.

    (5) Sure, the people born October 2 or later in the year 198x were slightly irritated, but a date has to be chosen to implement any policy, and no date is capable of pleasing everyone out there.

    (6) In the case of Medicare laws, effective dates have windows longer than 3 years, because it takes alot longer than 3 years to adjust retirement planning.

    (7) I expect the same grandfather clause window (aka "length of time in years") as was used for raising the age for Social Security eligibility, considering this law is already being pitched as a means to make the two programs "synchronize."

    So, you're wrong once again.
    At least you're consistent.



    Considering how vague your writing is I don't think it's a good idea to read into an argument that is totally unclear and poorly written.



    I've slandered no one; I've simply confirmed your ignorance before God and country - again.



    I'm not full of myself, I'm simply a hell of alot smarter than you when it comes to public policy, health care, and a myriad of other topics.

    Also, I'm not proving your point either, because you haven't made a single point in your entire diatribe.
    Have you been drunk for three days?
    If not I hope you go to a library and read everything in it before you vomit your opinions into this forum again.

    Buuuhhhh-bye now, thanks for playing.
    And a Happy New year to you.
    "May you live all the days of your life"

  8. #78
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bedeviled1 View Post
    And a Happy New year to you.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  9. #79
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0905141920.htm

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_501788.html


    This should give you an idea of what it takes to move to a different level.
    Here's another one:
    http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...heir-children/
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  10. #80
    Senior Member bedeviled1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post

    You guys...hence..."transition..."
    "May you live all the days of your life"

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP's and Social Anxiety/Shyness...
    By soleil in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 08:09 AM
  2. [NT] NT's and Social Stature
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 11:04 PM
  3. Extraversion And Social Assertiveness?
    By Mondo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-26-2008, 07:31 AM
  4. Suicide and social power
    By labyrinthine in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 03:04 AM
  5. Relational Competition and "Social" Bullying
    By Maverick in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO