User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    LOL @ these packages. What an awesome idea! Let's also force McDonalds to print images of morbidly obese people and diseased hearts on its food packaging. We could also force alcohol manufacturers to cover their products with images of diseased livers and horrible traffic accidents. Why stop there? Let's force knife companies to display pictures of people murdered by knives on their products.
    Indeed.

Better yet, let's plaster the halls of political power with images of gulags, mutilated soldiers, the iron curtain, the Tiananmen Square massacre, the Ukrainian famine, corrupt politicians, totalitarian despots, and all manner of political repressions. After all, we all know the risks of concentrated power. The words 'Hitler was democratically elected too' can be placed above the entrance. Maybe then people will not be so eager to vote away their freedoms for the noxious lies and faux security of politicians and demagogues.

I don't smoke. I intensely dislike cigarettes. The second-hand legislation wafting from the halls of power is a far greater threat to my well-being.

I think I just lost a little respect for Australia.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I think this thread overlooks the more important arena in which Australia comes in first: Attractive Accents./world
    This is very strange because we don't think we have an attractive accent, if anything we think our accent is ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Being convicts, I thought cigarettes were your currency...
    Of course you hate us, but who can blame you? Our budget surplus is one of the seven wonders of the economic world.

One of the other six wonders is our Productivity Commission which is an independent body funded by the government which tells the government what it doesn't want to know. Having an independent body with no vested interests is priceless.

At present count we have 1.5 thousand billion Australian dollars in our superannuation account alone. The amount is so enormous it is out of this world.

Our investment pipeline is so big it would have paid for a landing on the Moon and an excursion to Mars.

The Australian dollar is the sixth most traded currency in the world and has been designated a Reserve Currency of the World by the International Monetary Fund.

Nonetheless it is a wonder that your financiers put your money into US or Swiss short term government bonds at negative interest rates. That's right, you are paying your government to take your money. While in Oz we will pay you to look after your money, while your money is completely safe with our Triple A Credit Rating.

And if this wasn't enough, we are making social advances that lead the world.

MBTI
    INFJ

People who leave dead links on the internet should have exploded babies tattooed to the inside of their eyelids.

That pisses me off so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Umm, actually those pictures have been on Australian and NZ packets for years, it's just that they're much bigger now on the Aussie ones.
    They've been on Canadian packets longer. Canada was the first country to mandate such images on cigarette packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I don't know. Why?
    Pusillanimity.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

The package is disgusting. Which is the point, obviously. I hope it works. I sure don't want to look at it.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    The package is disgusting. Which is the point, obviously. I hope it works. I sure don't want to look at it.
    The Tobacco Companies have fought our Sovereign Parliament tooth and nail, all the way to our High Court, for the Tobacco Companies know that Australia is a breach in the dyke, and other countries are likely to follow suit.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm sure the guro people will still buy them.

Hell, they'll probably try to collect the different package variations.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    They've been on Canadian packets longer. Canada was the first country to mandate such images on cigarette packaging.
    I believe you're right, actually. Why didn't Australia beat Canada to it, Victor?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING