User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you concerned that stand your ground will be repealed?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2 33.33%
  • No

    4 66.67%
First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 49

  1. #21
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Yep.

    Be careful, this is the case in Britain, a supposedly "Conservative" country. You don't want to go down that route. Disgracefully, a farmer in Britain was jailed for murder (later changed to manslaughter) for defending his property, and the law was not changed:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer)
    That's happened a few times in the US as well. However, I think that the stand your ground law helps us more than it hurts us.

  2. #22
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    The damn kid was a drug dealer. He wasn't this innocent little child that the mainstream media wants to paint him as...

    http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-lineh...-a-drug-dealer
    I still see no evidence that he was slamming Zimmerman's head repeatedly into the concrete, which you asserted like it was established fact. It IS a fact that he didn't even go to the doctor until days later when he wanted to be cleared to return to work. All I see in that article is character assassination on a dead kid who can't tell his side of the story anymore.

  3. #23
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I still see no evidence that he was slamming Zimmerman's head repeatedly into the concrete, which you asserted like it was established fact. It IS a fact that he didn't even go to the doctor until days later when he wanted to be cleared to return to work. All I see in that article is character assassination on a dead kid who can't tell his side of the story anymore.
    I've provided several sources to confirm my views. Why don't you provide some evidence to counter my point and support yours.

  4. #24
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    You haven't provided anything that supports what you asserted- that his head was being slammed into the pavement- except his own statement. Everything I've said came from your own links.

  5. #25
    Yup
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    Istj
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    the law is for paranoid bastards who want an excuse to shoot people. be it they are white, or mix or whatever the fuck they are, it is something that needs to be done away. there is potential in it to harm and undermine the structural whatever structural integrity there is in that society. its not too difficult seeing some riot occuring because of this law and maybe some racism.

    its bad.

  6. #26
    Yup
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    Istj
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    he fights for something that does more harm than good. providing him another way of looking at it, one that he is not seeing

  7. #27
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    he fights for something that does more harm than good. providing him another way of looking at it, one that he is not seeing
    Prove to me that it objectively does more harm than good. I wish you luck, because that's a debate that has been going on for quite a while now.

    Don't assume that I don't see your point of view. I see it, I just view it as incorrect/disagreeable.
    ...

  8. #28
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,899

    Default

    I moved a few posts to Off Topic. Let's keep it a little more civil folks. There's no reason to wish horrible things upon each other's loved ones.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  9. #29
    Yup
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    Istj
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Prove to me that it objectively does more harm than good. I wish you luck, because that's a debate that has been going on for quite a while now.

    Don't assume that I don't see your point of view. I see it, I just view it as incorrect/disagreeable.
    ok, i think we can agree that often times, there are people who make split second choices that they end up regretting later. often the case with cops who shoot children that they, thought as threatening. as a consequence, it has lead to grieving mothers and mourning families.

    not everyone is capable of making split second decisions, not every person is even tempered, not everyone is capable withholding bias. so a better alternative to standing your ground and shooting someone, who possibly does not deserve to be shot, would be to try and avoid a situation where there is confrontation. move your car somewhere away, if you dont feel safe. dont take the ally with the drug dealers, late at night.

    its a crummy law that undermines the second amendment.

  10. #30
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Putting unnecessary culpability on the would be victim is wrong. The one who is already under attack is expected to behave properly? Wrong.

    Taking away a provision to stand your ground is effectively GIVING extra rights TO THE ATTACKER

Similar Threads

  1. [Si] Your first Enemy?
    By JivinJeffJones in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 11-24-2013, 04:49 PM
  2. How old were you when you first heard about Myer-Briggs and, how old are you now?
    By ilikeitlikethat in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 08-20-2012, 05:52 AM
  3. Replies: 196
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 11:22 AM
  4. The Great Blog Transplant - Sign up now!
    By cafe in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 10:22 PM
  5. I'm here...now what?
    By Wolf in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 10:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO