User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you concerned that stand your ground will be repealed?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 33.33%
  • No

4 66.67%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That doesn't support what you said. It only supports that Trayvon fought with Zimmerman, which I don't think is even in dispute. I would also fight back if someone were following me and accusing me of crimes, and had a gun.

I would expect him to have a concussion if his head had been repeatedly slammed into the concrete, but he didn't.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That doesn't support what you said. It only supports that Trayvon fought with Zimmerman, which I don't think is even in dispute. I would also fight back if someone were following me and accusing me of crimes, and had a gun.

I would expect him to have a concussion if his head had been repeatedly slammed into the concrete, but he didn't.
    The damn kid was a drug dealer. He wasn't this innocent little child that the mainstream media wants to paint him as...

http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-lineh...-a-drug-dealer

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I would think that if they had a gun, they would have opened fire once he did. Especially with it already being pointed at him like he claimed?

Probably just another pissed off person with a pistol that decided to use it.
    Yep.

Some kids pull a gun on you, and you shoot at their van, once, not at the person pointing the gun? How is that supposed to make you safer?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Yep.

Some kids pull a gun on you, and you shoot at their van, once, not at the person pointing the gun? How is that supposed to make you safer?
    I agree with their logic. I think the kids would have fired back.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I live in Florida (St. Augustine, as it happen) and I could not possibly care less if the law gets repealed. It's a bad law
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    I live in Florida (St. Augustine, as it happen) and I could not possibly care less if the law gets repealed. It's a bad law
    I live right next to you in Jacksonville, Florida, and you are a complete fool if you think this law being repealed is a good idea. Oh and just think, they will probably go after castle doctrine next if this gets repealed and you know what that means right? It means that if some guy has broken into your house and is robbing your house and you don't know whether they have a gun or not, if you shoot them it's murder. That's right, basic self defense turns into murder. I know innocent people that did nothing but protect their homes that are now in jail for murder for that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I live right next to you in Jacksonville, Florida, and you are a complete fool if you think this law being repealed is a good idea. Oh and just think, they will probably go after castle doctrine next if this gets repealed and you know what that means right? It means that if some guy has broken into your house and is robbing your house and you don't know whether they have a gun or not, if you shoot them it's murder. That's right, basic self defense turns into murder. I know innocent people that did nothing but protect their homes that are now in jail for murder for that.
    I agree with this. Maybe the law should be reworded a bit, but I think that such laws which facilitate self-defense are, without a doubt, necessary. (I don't live in Florida, by the way. Just my two-cents.)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    I agree with this. Maybe the law should be reworded a bit, but I think that such laws which facilitate self-defense are, without a doubt, necessary. (I don't live in Florida, by the way. Just my two-cents.)
    Thank you very much my friend.

MBTI
    xxTP

It means that if some guy has broken into your house and is robbing your house and you don't know whether they have a gun or not, if you shoot them it's murder. That's right, basic self defense turns into murder. I know innocent people that did nothing but protect their homes that are now in jail for murder for that.
    Yep.

Be careful, this is the case in Britain, a supposedly "Conservative" country. You don't want to go down that route. Disgracefully, a farmer in Britain was jailed for murder (later changed to manslaughter) for defending his property, and the law was not changed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer)

MBTI
    xxTP

It means that if some guy has broken into your house and is robbing your house and you don't know whether they have a gun or not, if you shoot them it's murder. That's right, basic self defense turns into murder. I know innocent people that did nothing but protect their homes that are now in jail for murder for that.
    Yep.

Be careful, this is the case in Britain, a supposedly "Conservative" country. You don't want to go down that route. Disgracefully, a farmer in Britain was jailed for murder (later changed to manslaughter) for defending his property, and the law was not changed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer)

EDIT: I can no longer be bothered to delete double posts which were not my fault.