User Tag List

12 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Default at ucla, racist sexist sign called Asian Women "White-Boy Worshipping Sluts”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2212311.html

UCLA police are investigating racist, sexist slurs attacking Asian women that were found on campus this week.

On Tuesday, a student found a sign that read “asian women R Honkie white-boy worshipping Whores” attached to a Vietnamese Student Union sign.

On Wednesday, another student found the handwritten phrase “Asian Women are White-Boy Worshipping Sluts” in the women’s bathroom of the library basement.

The student who found the second message was Antonette Sadile, the community outreach programmer for the Asian Pacific Coalition. “I thought [Tuesday’s incident] was a more personal attack,” Sadile told campus paper The Daily Bruin. “But this is a bigger impact. It is really scary. I didn’t feel safe.

UCLA spokesman Steve Ritea said In a statement to CBS, “We share the students’ anger and sadness and condemn this incident.” He also said the occurrence is isolated and has nothing to do with other racially charged incidents reported on campus.

However, it is the pattern of racial slurs that worries Roman Nguyen, president of the Vietnamese Student Union. “It shows this is what some people actually think,” Nguyen told the campus paper.

The Vietnamese Student Union will hold a rally in front of Kerckhoff Hall at noon Thursday to discuss this week’s and prior incidents of racism. The Asian Pacific Coalition also plans to host a forum on Dec. 5 to discuss the recent climate on campus and cultural sensitivity.Earlier this year, Latino UCLA students living in an off-campus apartment woke up to find the following racial slurs written in black marker across their door: "you rude ignorant spic c*nts," "dirty Meximelt b*tches," and "go eat some refried beans and shut up."

The incidents follow an infamous racist rant called “Asians in the Library” posted to YouTube in 2011 by UCLA student Alexandra Wallace.

Asians make up the largest ethnic group at UCLA, comprising 34 percent of the undergraduate student, according to the school’s statistics.

i personally would have laughed it off and continued on with my day but there were many who were offended by it and its gained its own investigation...

my bet er theory, it probably was an asian male who wrote it. this article seems loaded with some interesting stuff.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Yeah, sounds like an Asian guy wrote this.

Nothing new to see here.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

WALMART

I have decided to take my talents to UCLA.

I have a similar, communistic approach to these things. Sweep them under the rug and stake out the night

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, that's not a very nice thing to say at all.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post

Nothing new to see here.
    Lolz, that'd be great if that was actually the case.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post

Nothing new to see here.
    pretty much, either that or a white girl.

MBTI
    INTP

I've dabbled in the worship of Asian women

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I enjoyed how in the video in that link; the reporter uses the words slut and honkey, but they still blur them out on the sign....what's the point?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Isn't it usually the other way around? Surely I'm not the only white male who's been afflicted with yellow fever...
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Permabanned

asian girls are so very annoying.