User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Online, perhaps.

I never watch news, I read it all online, but I'm not picky and I just dig through Google News.
    Thanks.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    This question is to get advice.

My dilemma: I am so sick of the media. They disgust me with they way they sensationalize every thing and no one has any privacy. I really don't want to know half or more of the stuff they report. It's caused me to stop reading and watching the news, but the problem with that is that I don't always know when important things happen right away. Every time I try to fix that by keeping abreast with the news, I end up feeling disgusted again. I don't know how to remedy this. Any advice?

I wish I had someone in my life who can just tell me asap when something big happens.
    I never watch the news it's very rare that I'll check up on current events. I usually just check out MSn and read whats going on through there or If I hear about something I'll google it.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I never watch the news it's very rare that I'll check up on current events. I usually just check out MSn and read whats going on through there or If I hear about something I'll google it.
    I sometimes scan yahoo after I check my email (it's right in my face), and I google things too as I hear about them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

It's only been within the past two months that I've started checking CNN, for the past five years I've been going to the BBC (mostly exclusively during that), I check one local site, and then sometimes I'll check Huff Post MAYBE. Mostly because it lags my computer.

These days 90% of my news comes from Flipboard, which is a Godsend. It's on my phone and categorizes articles based on topic instead of source. So I have one for international news, business, politics, gaming, hockey, men's health (aka hot guys), NPR, etc...

It's cut the number of bullshit articles down dramatically. I'm way ahead of the curve and I don't get pissed off as easily.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i had my internet homepage set as the new york times. they don't cover anything sensationalistic or stupid, and every time i opened my browser i saw the headlines. i didn't normally read any more than that, but it was something.

i changed it though, once they got this huge idiotic ad in the middle of the page. now i'm ignorant again.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7 sx/so

I am connected online to world wide news outlets that are much less biased than U.S. media. (Which would be basically all of them.) Our media is controlled by Zionists- so if it were any more one-sided, the entire country would flop over on it's side and we would nose-dive into the vast oceans. Western news is disgustingly biased and racist. I don't watch it at all anymore except to see the weather.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I try and check out the Economist, BBC, and other more globally oriented news sites when I wanna learn something new.

Usually, though, it's mostly as a reference point. I've come to realize that if I really want to learn about something, I better read an academic article or two to consider myself abreast of what's going on out there. Even though they're not up to date, everything in the news is a product of a whole bunch of other that have happened, which you can research through those academic journals. :'D