User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Society

"This isn't the Ritz/Carlton. If you don't like it, don't come back."

do we have any statistics about that?
    he's being doing this for 13 years, if his method worked to do that, the results should be in by now.
    do inmates who go through his "camping-trip" come back less often?
    anyone?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

The man or the methods?

The man - God awful for his other scandals.. And a portion of me DOES feel he is satisfied... Whether that satisfaction is justified or not? I cannot say. But I know I'd be pretty damn happy with myself if I turned prison back into a word that people could justifiably use when they say, "This place is a prison!" His methods are not madness, but whether his words are being reflected by the media to show a clear resentment for prisoners or he truly does have resentment towards them I cannot say. I'm not one for trusting the media though.

The methods - completely fine. I think education should be the emphasis of things to help give them something to do with their lives when they get out of prison... Why should they be watching cable TV, working out with weights, and eating fancy food when I got none of those things where I was in Iraq? I had no access to education either, and that sucked more than anything else. I wish I could have spent that time educating myself. That should be the emphasis--if they can 'escape' prison for a few hours via educating themselves I bet they'd be studying all the time. Heat, work, clothing you don't like, and a lack of resources and good food never hurt anyone.. not really. The emphasis should be on making them citizens. And if they're in prison for life? At least they'll be smart dead men that can hopefully help teach other prisoners.

Not to say they're perfect... Limiting books is stupid, and so is being completely patronizing to the point where prisoners have something/someone to be all emo about. They should get the impression that the place is miserable everyday on their own. Nurse Ratched could teach this dude a few pointers. Let them think the place is a prison.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Look at all the things he's currently being sued for. It's a laundry list of corruption.

The guy also has his employees toss childhood incest rape cases with clear DNA evidence rather than taking the time to deal with child molesters because it doesn't make him money. He's a terrible human.

Finally, he owns lots and lots of expensive AZ properties far beyond what he could possibly hope to pay for with his civil servant salary (i.e. all the evidence points toward passing laws to make $ under the table). His open comfort with flashing how much he is corrupt is disgusting.
    http://www.arpaio.com/top-ten/index.php
    http://www.businessinsider.com/sheri...-battle-2012-9
    http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...rpaio-20120802

I'm very sorry people seemed to overlook your post. This man is a terrible human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Has anybody died from it yet?
    A man I knew died early.
    The deceased smoked 30 cigarettes a day, for 30 years.
    His last cigarette killed him?
    The last nail in the coffin was the only nail in the coffin?

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Like him? Hate him?

I saw this posted on facebook by some group page:
    im pretty sure where you are at, he is praised. you`re in a pure red state, no? what are your thoughts on him so far?

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    im pretty sure where you are at, he is praised. you`re in a pure red state, no? what are your thoughts on him so far?
    I've lived in red and blue. Where I live makes no difference on my thoughts/values.

MBTI
    ISTx

I've lived in red and blue. Where I live makes no difference on my thoughts/values.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    and your thoughts on him are? i asked because im curious.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    "This isn't the Ritz/Carlton. If you don't like it, don't come back."

do we have any statistics about that?
    he's being doing this for 13 years, if his method worked to do that, the results should be in by now.
    do inmates who go through his "camping-trip" come back less often?
    anyone?
    Maybe not but I dont think that the rate of reoffending is the only criteria by which to judge these things, not by a country mile, unless legitimate authorities can provide satisfaction to the population which individuals have offended against an illegitimate or less legitimate one will replace them, nothing surer, the justice gets forgotten and revenge or retribution and violence takes its place.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Ha! Communist states in America!!

I know, its not that way, I just find that amusing. Everywhere else in the world blue is the colour of conservatism and red the colour of radicalism, in Dennis Wheatley's occult novels red was the colour of the satanists and blue the colour of the white magicians.