User Tag List

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default So, uh, maybe Casey Anthony WAS guilty? ... tech incompetence abounds

From Yahoo today:
    http://news.yahoo.com/casey-anthony-...153900682.html

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — The Florida sheriff's office that investigated the disappearance of Casey Anthony's 2-year-old daughter overlooked evidence that someone in their home did a Google search for "fool-proof" suffocation methods on the day the girl was last seen alive.

Orange County sheriff's Capt. Angelo Nieves said Sunday that the office's computer investigator missed the June 16, 2008, search. The agency's admission was first reported by Orlando television station WKMG. It's not known who performed the search. The station reported it was done on a browser primarily used by the 2-year-old's mother, Casey Anthony, who was acquitted of the girl's murder in 2011....WKMG reports that sheriff's investigators pulled 17 vague entries only from the computer's Internet Explorer browser, not the Mozilla Firefox browser commonly used by Casey Anthony. More than 1,200 Firefox entries, including the suffocation search, were overlooked.
    They didn't bother to examine FireFox? SRSLY???

Better yet, the defense team found the searches. I assume Baez had to declare them as well, as part of normal procedure:

A computer expert for Anthony's defense team found the search before the trial. Her lead attorney, Jose Baez, first mentioned the search in his book about the case but suggested it was George Anthony who conducted the search after Caylee drowned because he wanted to kill himself...

...Baez didn't respond to phone or email messages Sunday from The Associated Press but told WKMG that he expected prosecutors to bring up the search at trial.

"When they didn't, we were kind of shocked," Baez, who no longer represents Anthony, told the station. Her attorney, Cheney Mason, who was also on the trial team, didn't return an email message from AP Sunday, and his office answering service refused to take a phone message.
    Oh geeez.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

For fuck's sake.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    For fuck's sake.
    Well, now we know what all the chad examiners in Florida ended up doing after the 2000 election -- they moved into law enforcement.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

lol, I didn't really need this thread to tell me that Casey Anthony was actually guilty.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    lol, I didn't really need this thread to tell me that Casey Anthony was actually guilty.
    I don't think anyone did.

More just to REaffirm the stupidity of the investigation.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    From Yahoo today:
    http://news.yahoo.com/casey-anthony-...153900682.html

They didn't bother to examine FireFox? SRSLY???

Better yet, the defense team found the searches. I assume Baez had to declare them as well, as part of normal procedure:

Oh geeez.

Ah, yea, I saw this over the weekend.. not surprised.

It was pretty obvious she was guilty, just not enough "reasonable doubt" or tangible evidence..

It's amazing how often things like this are grossly mismanaged.

Part of the price we pay when we invest our trust in these inherently flawed man-made systems we've kept in place. Assuming they'll just operate smoothly without revision, or actual observation. We trust that those we've collectively given power/authority to will do everything possible to seek out truth, carry out some semblance of justice.
    The fact that they too, are inherently flawed humans, somehow gets lost in the fray. Complacency reigns, people gloss over, rush through. Tuck it under the rug. Gotta get home by 8, my favorite show is on at 8. It's only on Mondays!

And life, death, freedom, truths, monsters and reason.. slip through the cracks.

This is nothing new.

I can only hope the notoriety of this case- and stupendous fuckup- will influence those with power to work on refining their procedures/make sure they hire competent, capable people for even the most minute tasks in the field.
    If they collectively, consistently want to, that is.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't think anyone did.

More just to REaffirm the stupidity of the investigation.
    Yeah pretty much.