User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default How many of you would be offended by a gay James Bond? **Spoiler Alert**

Spoiler alert:

http://hollywoodsnark.com/2006/12/04...xt-bond-movie/

So my question is, if James Bond went bisexual in the next movie, what would be your reaction to it? Also, what if they took it to the next level and had a Bond boy in the next movie instead of a Bond girl? Would this new controversial move for the Bond films turn you off to the series?

Personally, I don't think that it would work. James bond isn't just a character, but he's also a symbol of pure masculinity. The character basically incorporates all of the stereotypical masculine stereotypes and fuses them into one perfectly masculine character: he's a secret agent, he's a ladies man and can get any woman that he wants, he's daring and courageous, he's an excellent fist fighter, and he's even a master tactician and gun fighter. It just doesn't get any more masculine than James Bond. However, for some odd reason, in the society that we live in, it seems as though gay men are seen as less masculine. Women on the other hand, can be viewed as very feminine, but yet still be gay. Personally, it really wouldn't bother me that much but I personally don't think that America would take to this very well, and it could seriously hurt the character's image. What do you think?

The controversy alone would be worth it. The best way to do it, I think, would be to change nothing about Bond and simply replace the sexy woman with a sexy man.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The controversy alone would be worth it. The best way to do it, I think, would be to change nothing about Bond and simply replace the sexy woman with a sexy man.
    I agree, I really couldn't think of a more controversial move in a movie.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I agree, I really couldn't think of a more controversial move in a movie.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    lol, but that movie sucked.

MBTI
    INFP

I dunno how I'd respond to it. Seems a bit late in the series for him to suddenly display a bisexual side. On the other hand he's come a long way from Sean Connery. It could be a good way to demonstrate his detachment from sex and complete commitment to getting the job done. James Bond, honeypot.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Bond being gay or bi wouldn't offend me. I don't go out of my way to read/watch stories with gay or bi characters, but I don't go out of my way to avoid them, either. But I think Bond is a man-whore regardless of the gender of his partners.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I also agree with this. Sounds like a grand idea.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I dunno how I'd respond to it. Seems a bit late in the series for him to suddenly display a bisexual side. On the other hand he's come a long way from Sean Connery. It could be a good way to demonstrate his detachment from sex and complete commitment to getting the job done. James Bond, honeypot.
    Not only has he developed, I also don't think that it would be an odd thing or out of character. A Bond who enjoys life far too much to throw anybody out of his bed - woman, man or goat (or one, two, three or a whole football team of each) - is very much in character with the hedonistic Connery style character.

He is too sexy not to bed everybody regardless of gender.

ESTP galore!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!