User Tag List

First 78910 Last

WALMART

Perhaps.

Perhaps also he was not letting him get into his bu.... head.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Would you be offended by a gay Jesus?
    Can Lucifer be gay too!!??

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    See? It's always the haters who want to "reform" a classic series!
    You have to hate something enough to want to change it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Boo!!!!

Sometimes I think bond has all that sex cause he's just so freaking bored. What hobby is going to excite you if you job is international espionage. A lot of times it seems like he's just doing the girls a favor. "Oh, you here in my room? Well I guess I'll shag you. Then I'll just kind of leave".

Like in this latest movie he doesn't seen particularly hot for anybody. Sex is just what he does if ther is no one to kill.

I could see bond with a guy just because why not. Probably starting with an escalating dare which he of course wins. I don't see it as vulnerability because bond wouldn't love a man (or woman). Or be affectionate with either, just sex.

Sexing and then killing a villain. I imagine bond putting on a wristwatch after implied coitus, his nude lover Swiggin back some scotch while sneakily going for the pistol. But wait it isn't there! One liner about "always watching the back door" and BLAM!

Or

After some super spying with fellow 00 Dick Longmember, the two agents end up traped in some old afghani bunker. "Does the killing ever bother you bond?" "a target's a target". Bond makes a crack about wishing some broads were around. Longmember says he prefers dudes, implies bind will dislike that. Bind expresses his lack of care with "a targets a target". Hahas all around. Bond removes his jacket , fade to black.... Spy's are awaken, nude and unmistakable close together. Shoot people, save the day, bond leaves Longmember stranded on beach in his coconut swimsuit.

Or

Just a filler scene of bond leaving an eastern european bathhouse full of dozens of exhausted and satiated men.

All seem plausible given his level of indifference.

I used a lot of implication but hey, it's pg 13.
    I concede to your superior plot twists.

If you could get Weird Al to produce your script, it could easily become a cult classic.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    As does the whole TypoC, island of lost toys, we're all special little snowflakes trope.
    Oh come on, D-Biscuit! You will always be a special little snowflake.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I've heard he also made a deal with a devil to make his pregnant wife go away, because married superheroes are boring, or something. Apparently, Quesada thought that was more family-friendly than just killing Mary Jane off. Yeah, I'm in no hurry to read comics again (except maybe for Punisher).
    I don't know anything about the Ultimate universe; it's different from the mainstream Marvel. So it can get confusing without a wall map / flow chart.

I just gave up on comics years back, due to the fact that no story ever ends, so all it becomes in the end is this gray mash of regurgitated plotlines that is modified by the next writer to come in the door if he didn't like them. I've only stuck with series that either ended after the storyline finished (like Sandman or Strangers in Paradise) or is an ongoing series by the original author that will presumably one day end (like Willingham's Fables).

DC just rebooted their entire universe AGAIN -- the "New 52." Yeah, whatever.

As for Bond, a gay (or even a bisexual) Bond just doesn't fit the established character.....it would be better to just create a new bad-ass gay/bisexual character, like Captain Harkness.
    I tend to prefer to keep the character the same and not make large modifications that really disrupt continuity. Not unless it's a one-shot or something, for kicks.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

It's worse than having a black James Bond. Just slightly, though. Both ideas would cause James Bond to not return. I'd be open to the idea of a necrophiliac James Bond, however.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I don't think most Bond fans would like a gay James Bond. Therefore it's a bad idea. You'd alienate the fan base.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Riva

Sorry for the late reply. Made a post but didn’t get saved. Grr..

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Here's my thought: Who cares about society's image of it, when society's image is blatantly wrong? Yes, society sees gay men as always being effeminate, somehow. Yes, the media reinforces that. But both society and the media are incorrect. Even if there's a correlation, sometimes, it's not fair to the gay/bi community for all gay/bi men in the media to be effeminate, when that doesn't reflect the gay/bi community. (I mean, for god's sake, think of bear culture! They're about as rugged and macho as you can get!)
    Irrespective of what is right, what matters isn't what is right, it is –

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    So, my point is: You say that making James Bond gay or bi would be changing his character. I say that it wouldn't be. Only if you superimposed societal stereotypes on him
    Because societies stereotypes is what kept the character live for so long. So it does matter.

This is why I said -

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    .We live in a SJ society.
    Though that comment was a mostly joke it does have some meaning to it. These stereotypes not only apply to SJs I meant. It applies to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    How is that relevant? Concepts are not self-governing entities. They live and die with what is in our heads. If James Bond can have sex with a man in a masculine way (and, naturally, there is no other way), then the 'image' changes or, rather, an old one dies in some places to give birth to a new one.
    There is no other way? I sound homophobic.

You are right. Of course if they pull it off, I’d support it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    There is no other way?
    Of course not. Sex between two men is an exclusively male undertaking and so, of necessity, done in a masculine way. Women could not do it if they tried.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I love gay people, so I most definitely would not be offended.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Of course not. Sex between two men is an exclusively male undertaking and so, of necessity, done in a masculine way. Women could not do it if they tried.
    For about $24.99 and a valid home mailing address, I beg to differ....
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft