User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Obviously so in practice but not so in image. I'm not saying their image, I'm saying the image the society has of them.
    How is that relevant? Concepts are not self-governing entities. They live and die with what is in our heads. If James Bond can have sex with a man in a masculine way (and, naturally, there is no other way), then the 'image' changes or, rather, an old one dies in some places to give birth to a new one.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I think it would be great, and it would in no way make him less masculine to be bi or gay. The Greek gods are a good example. They pretty much had sex with everybody.
    Yeah. From my recall of Greek mythology, the gods screwed everyone over pretty badly... including each other!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Anew Leaf

I saw my first Bond movie yesterday. All my life I had heard about how debonair this man is, how his very presence causes a panty shortage. Or something.

I have to say... I didn't get it. I was aware that at times the actor is attractive, more for what he does than for how he looks or whom he may or may not bang for apparently 2s in a shower.

I dunno, maybe if the sex was like an integral part of the entire movie, like a RomCom, then I could see cause célèbre for such a twist.... but I don't and therefore I simply don't care which way his flag wants to fly at times. (Dafuq am I talking about.)

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah. From my recall of Greek mythology, the gods screwed everyone over pretty badly... including each other!
    Relevant.

(Apollo and Daphne = my favorites!)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I saw my first Bond movie yesterday. All my life I had heard about how debonair this man is, how his very presence causes a panty shortage. Or something.
    I think the mentality was very different back in the 60's/70's. Bond has had to transform with the times and came close to dropping off the landscape in terms of his icon status, IMO, due to oversaturation as well as the cultural shift over the decades. He actually seems "cool" again now, at least; but I think it's harder because the gender divide has been closing in the USA in some ways, so Bond has to find some way to play against that backdrop.

There are also many many MORE icons available nowadays, cinematically, so Bond is no longer one of the few that stands out.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

i'm just waiting for them to make a movie about this man.

I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

I would like it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    OH FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!
    Yes! I usually hate 90% of your comments Lark. However, this time your enneagram oneness came in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I think you guys are reading waaaay too deeply into this I imagine it's more of a "I bet this makes you uncomfortable doesn't it bond." "Actually fuck you even though I'm tied up I'm still a badass and you can't intimidate me." thing
    No we aren't reading too far into it. Daniel Craig is actually pushing for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I still don't know how they made Sam and Frodo NOT gay in LOTR. Those little fellas were queer as, God bless 'em.
    Yeah, Frodo is fruitier than Tucan Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    The character is programmed to bang women and kill people; there can be no deviation.
    I can definitely see this point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I think it would be great, and it would in no way make him less masculine to be bi or gay. The Greek gods are a good example. They pretty much had sex with everybody.
    True, if you really read history, the Spartan Army members would often have sex with each other. They figured that if you had sex with one another you would become closer to each other. Then if you became closer to each other, then you would fight harder to keep one another alive.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    So my question is, if James Bond went bisexual in the next movie, what would be your reaction to it? Also, what if they took it to the next level and had a Bond boy in the next movie instead of a Bond girl? Would this new controversial move for the Bond films turn you off to the series?
    My reaction to a gay/bi James Bond would be the same as to the traditional, straight Bond: don't care, not interested. It wouldn't turn me off, because I was never turned on in the first place. Changing/expanding his sexual palette does not make him any more or less appealing. In dramatic terms, it probably just opens up more plot and character options, not surpising, as you can only rework the same old twists and tropes so many times.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Ginkgo

Suddenly this snapshot has a whole new meaning: