123 Last

Thread: Amanda Todd

On The blessblessblessblesster
    MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Default Amanda Todd

Come on guys! I did a search and can't believe there's no thread on this! (half-expecting someone to post a link in reply, and say "ahem...noob").

For the ADD:
    Youtube video she made of herself holding up flashcards (yep, one of those) before she hanged herself.

Brief synopsis: 15 year old girl. 3 suicide attempts. Last one was successful (by hanging). First one by ingesting bleach, second one by OD of drugs. Very depressed. She started perusing internet camchat rooms at age 12. Pretty young girl. Lots of flattery. One guy convinced her to flash her breasts. He took a screenshot. Threatened to show everyone she knew if he didn't give him a show. She didn't. He made good on his threat. She was picked on and ostracized at school as a result. She changed schools. Deleted her FB profile. Made a new one. He found her and made the same threat. He made good on that threat. She got picked on and ostracized, same as at the previous school. Somewhere in there she also had sex with a guy who had a girlfriend. Girlfriend got pissed and caused problems for her. Moved schools again. Killed herself. But why take my very colloquial account of it? Read the wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Amanda_Todd

Very sad of course. I think to myself "I coulda saved her". Then I think "maybe not". She's a 15 year old kid, how hard could she be to understand I could so decipher what she was feeling and what she needed. I'd be the emotional support baws. But then I think... I've had some online "friends" (more like occasional chat buddies) of the 18 year old female and 20 year old female demographic who became very depressed and suicidal. I actually don't like playing the role of the emotional supporter. It's not really that fun, and it brings me down. But I do it to be nice. And I swear I can only do it like 2 times a week (say, 2-3 hours at a time). Maybe a 3rd time, every other week. Of course if I KNEW the person was going to kill themselves, I'd do it every day (dutifully, reluctantly) but I wouldn't be happy about having to fulfill that role. But oftentimes they're just at high risk, and you're not sure whether or not they will, and whether or not they'll find a support network.

What's interesting are all the people who are talking shit about her. I'm sure a quick google search of "Amanda Todd" will yield you lots of results. If you can't find any I can find it for you and link it. They say a lot of bad shit about her. The logic goes something like: "Showed tits + had sex with a taken guy = slut = deserved to die, or brought everything upon herself". Or maybe they have no sympathy for suicide whatsoever. I saw comments/pix communicating a message along the lines of "she lives in a first world country. she is not entitled to be suicidal when so many other people are suffering". Although, the commentary and teasing are far more demeaning than the way I describe it.

There is nothing remarkable about this case. Alert me when the next one with a 1,900-page suicide manifesto goes public.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Let's see:

-teenage girl shows tits on the webcam

-jackass records and publishes the video

-teenage girl fucks commited guy

-teenage girl starts doing drugs

-teenage girl commits suicide

Eh, nothing new, really. Except the video.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

What's your obsession with desperately attention-seeking women-children on the internet?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

WALMART

You need a GF with daddy issues, stat.

I exist outside the realm of death, it is difficult for me to become attached to these stories.

MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    There is nothing remarkable about this case. Alert me when the next one with a 1,900-page suicide manifesto goes public.
    K, I'll add you to our mailing list. We'll send you pamphlets asking for donations, with heartbreaking stories and little stickers.

MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Let's see:

-teenage girl shows tits on the webcam

-jackass records and publishes the video

-teenage girl fucks commited guy

-teenage girl starts doing drugs

-teenage girl commits suicide

Eh, nothing new, really. Except the video.
    New to me! I don't hear about this stuff regularly.

MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    What's your obsession with desperately attention-seeking women-children on the internet?
    Personal remark not appreciated.

MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    You need a GF with daddy issues, stat.

I exist outside the realm of death, it is difficult for me to become attached to these stories.
    because.... you're... a robot... oh i get it...

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Bilateral Entry View Post

because.... you're... a robot... oh i get it...

My apologies. Inferior Fe.