First 12345 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    not most of the time, but the same could be said of most guys. just, some men are sexy, which is another reason to keep them around.
    But I don't keep girls around because they're sexy. Or men for that matter. Perhaps we have a male vs female approach.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    God, I love those videos. That is, until the product placement started showing up. What a pain.
    Yeah, the first few were great, but they went downhill.

I think I remember that bit of scandal -- but I don't really remember there being much of a public dialogue afterwards. More like "Jeez, Isaac Mizrahi, what's your problem?" Must have just missed it.
    Oh it was talked about more by those who are into film and the awards circuit (I used to belong to a forum that did) - and the fact he was fired caused a minor stir in the entertainment business.

Definitely weird. Especially weird that we've been socialized into thinking that it's different, with gay guys.
    Yeah, and it wasn't even like we were close enough for that sort of contact. It just came across as obnoxious and I felt a little bit degraded by it. The whole thing made me feel uneasy.

Personally the only thing I think makes personal touch acceptable is familiarity and a mutual understanding of where the line is. I don't think sex and sexuality has anything to do with it.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    But I don't keep girls around because they're sexy. Or men for that matter. Perhaps we have a male vs female approach.
    I definitely keep sexy men around, that's where we differ
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Domino, I think you are spot on with your assessment of how a lot of gay men classify people in general and women in particular. In particular, I have a group of close gay friends, and it's hilariously obvious in the way they treat me as opposed to my various other girlfriends. For example, I've never heard one of them offer any comments or advice about my body, my appearance, or my relationships whereas my roommate is fair game for all those things. They've even told me that it's because I'm touchy and chew people out when they try to give me shit, whereas my roommate "needs saving from herself" ... which, to me, manifests in a kind of patronizing attitude.

Usually, whenever gay men comment on my appearance or try to touch me, it's because they're closeted and trying to be straight. They hit on me and then break down in drunken and tearful confessions of their sexuality.

MBTI
    INTP

For example, I'd had no idea that gay men and lesbians were frequently on opposing sides.
    That kind of makes sense....the broader culture (and most subcultures) are essentially a means of socializing interaction, understandings and expectations between the sexes. Many gays and lesbians might spend much of their adult lives within specifically gay and lesbian subcultures that prioritize socialization between people of the same gender, which could lead to disconnect and conflict between themselves and the opposite sex, particularly an opposite sex with similar socialization patterns.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

ARG! But I don't want to have sex with my friends!!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

ARG! But I don't want to have sex with my friends!!
    I actually think the concept of "friends turning into lovers" is extremely sexy. I mean, they're sexy and you already have a connection with them. that's hawt
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

"Does this make me look fat?" is a trap. Never ever answer it.
    I usually just roll my eyes when asked that. And then give the truth, but I do put it in a nice way.

E.G. "This particular outfit doesn't really suit you as much as the other one you wore that other day".

This comes from the belief that one doesn't need to be skinny, or fat to dress appropriately based on their body shape/size. Agreed that having a particular body type limits ones fashion choices - but does one really need to risk looking worse just for the sake of following a trend?

I have an odd body-shape myself - so I tend to get my clothes tailored when I can afford to do so.

For me .. it's sexy body, sexy mind, sexy personality ... any combination would do.

If it's all three combined ... Instant crush ... I've had male crushes as well. Even though I'm not physically attracted to men, but I am definitely drawn to them on an emotional/mental level.

Men whom I find sensitive, caring, gentle and highly intellectual are definitely my first choice when it comes to intimate friendships with my own gender [and yes, I've had many which today's society would ridicule as "bromances"].

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

@Domino Interesting thread you have created.

Firstly, generally gay men touching/hugging/kissing me doesn't bother me if I know them. And random gay men wouldn't approach me... I'm too scary. I have one very good gay male friend who I have known since we were kids, he is 150% gay but he loves touching boobs/kissing women when he is drunk. It really doesn't bother me. He is funny and I love him.

I live with a 24 year old gay guy and we get on great. We share sex stories and generally have a great relationship.

The worst issue I had with my appearance/clothes being critiqued was by a drag queen in a gay bar. I wear whatever the hell I like. I'm not a slave to fashion, sometimes I feel like I want to be more butch in appearance, sometimes I want to be more femme. So on this particular night, I had on jeans, converse and a tight black military style shirt and my hair tied back. This drag queen hauled me up on the stage to abuse my appearance. Apparently I was betraying my femininity and I was 'such a lesbian' and why didn't I just shave my head if I was going to tie my hair back. (Er.... because I like it like this!) I was like WHAT THE FUCK?! You are a man in a dress and heels!! And I haven't commented on that! So yeah. I left shortly afterwards and haven't been back. I realise it was part of the show but really I didn't find it funny. Ultimately I will wear whatever the hell I like, because women should be able to wear shirts and if they want to men can wear dresses!

In general on the gay scene there is a massive divide between gays and lesbians. Gay men are often (not always) just not interested in lesbians. I mean ultimately we have nothing in common. We don't fancy each other and we don't relate to each other. It comes down to if you are an open minded person or not. If I like someone I like them, I don't care if they are a gay man or not. If they are a gay man who is attitudey about lesbians I do hate it. One of my gay male friends recently invited me to his birthday and said, you are the only lesbian I am inviting because you are awesome, but I fucking hate lesbians. I was like, seriously you need to lighten up! Some of them are alright.

Admittedly I am guilty of the same. I tend to hate sceney lesbians, and I also hate sceney gay men. I don't hate them on sight, just once they start being dicks. I'll give anyone a chance until they start being dicks.

The other reason there is such a divide on the scene is that gay men go out to get laid(Majority of the time). So if they are chatting to lesbians they are totally wasting their time.

I wish there was more of a bond between gay men and women, but the facts of the matter are that ultimately, we couldnt be more different. I have more in common with straight men or straight women than I do with gay men. Sometimes being 'other' or 'different' just isn't enough.

And as for bisexuals, well I'm not sure I even have time to get started on them.