User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    If by 'flock' you mean 'desparately seeking sanctuary as refugees', then yes. After their experiences, its no surprise that they later came to believe that the only place Jews could live free from persecution (especially in the Middle East) was in a Jewish nation-state.

Its my way of saying that your conception of 'zionism' as a genocidal Nazi ideology seems absurdly hyperbolic, at best (to put it as nicely as possible).....and that's coming from someone who considers Zionism, as originally conceived, to be bullshit. People like you have basically succeeded in making the mainstream interpretations of modern zionism a cold reality, especially within Arab and Muslim countries.

Edit: and if your vague anti-zionist diatribes are intendeed to promote the belief that 'zionists' seek (or employ) some form of global domination, then screw being as nice as possible....that would make you a brainwashed bigot.

Study Naziism and replace Nazi with Zionist- and there is not much difference.
    The Talmud teaches that anyone NOT of the Jewish ethno-origin is a SERVANT. They are GOYIM. I am a DOG to Netanyahu that is only placed on this planet to serve him. Massacring Palestinian babies last week is perfectly acceptable because they will grow up to be different than the chosen race.

And I'M a bigot??
    hahahaha

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    [VIDEO REMOVED]
    If this were an anti- Palestine video, would it also have been removed?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

What do you guys think the over/under is on how long it takes Isis to get banned?

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

If this were an anti- Palestine video, would it also have been removed?
    Given that it was highly offensive and bigoted (and that many people would find it so regardless of their leanings) - and also given that on balance, this forum is probably a bit more pro-Israel than pro-Palestine - the answer is yes, at least if it was a highly offensive and bigoted anti-Palestine video.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Given that it was highly offensive and bigoted (and that many people would find it so regardless of their leanings) - and also given that on balance, this forum is probably a bit more pro-Israel than pro-Palestine - the answer is yes, at least if it was a highly offensive and bigoted anti-Palestine video.
    I am pro-HUMAN.
    And there is a humanitarian crisis happening that is getting neglected in the name of power, $$ and politics.
    Our world leaders suck. And people are dying.
    And someone has to stand up for the oppressed. Even if that makes them unpopular.
    And the bigot card is long-soiled and can no longer be used by Israel. In fact, their Jewish population is at around 72% expected to decrease to 70% in a few short years (numbers from Israeli census websites.) So not sure who I would be bigoted against.

I am a free woman- free to criticize any government I wish to criticize. If the only come-back is that I'm a bigot for doing so- then that is not much of an argument. I will never be silenced. And will always stand up for justice and people.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

In my experience, things get nasty the moment people start to confuse Israelis and Jews. This goes for both sides of the conflict.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

It may be time for me to doff my tin-foil hat, but does anyone find it convenient that this conflict has broken out right when the international community looked like they might muster the political capital to intervene in Syria? Syria, Iran's best Middle Eastern ally? Iran, Palestine's rocket-supplier? Not to mention the way the Egyptian government has gotten so publicly involved in the mess right at a time their president is wanting a distraction from his attempt to force through sweeping new powers to free him from accountability to the Egyptian judiciary?

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I've seen the BBC accused of being both pro-Israel and pro-Palestinian, so I don't think it's quite that clear-cut. At any rate, if the Beeb is pro-Israel I don't think it's nearly as heavily pro-Israel as most of the US media would be, for instance.

The Beeb certainly has human interest stories about the Palestinians and so on. In the recent crisis it seemed to me that they were trying to do human interest on both the Israelis and the Palestinians. But then, I wasn't really watching them, just looking at some online coverage.

I don't think it's that common to find mainstream media in Europe heavily pro-Israel. Or even very pro-Israel at all. It would be the more right-wing outlets, I guess, like the Daily Telegraph. They just ran a (very biased) article going on about the Beeb's pro-Palestinian bias...

EDIT: This Wikipedia article is very interesting about criticism of the BBC in its coverage of Israel/Palestine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critici...inian_conflict

I must say, I would probably have said that if anything the Beeb was pro-Palestinian, but not that heavily - not compared to many other news sources. The Guardian is rabidly pro-Palestinian/anti-Israel.
    I dont think the Guardian's coverage is good but I'm not sure its anti-Israeli.

The coverage on the BBC and elsewhere can be very suttle, there's palestinian "terrorists" and Israeli "soldiers" or "settlers", when they're all pretty much combatants behaving in similar ways, although the palestinians do elect to be indiscriminate, whether or not that's born of desperation or plain madness could depend upon perspective though, I think its a good measure of both to be honest.

Human interest I think is how the most of the media try to treat foreign war which westerners are unlikely to be that interested in.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Conflict is conflict.

I dont want to pick a side. Because im against both sides. As both sides are conflictual.

(*Wah* Fe *Wah*),
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

A window to the soul

[VIDEO REMOVED]
    Study Naziism and replace Nazi with Zionist- and there is not much difference.
    The Talmud teaches that anyone NOT of the Jewish ethno-origin is a SERVANT. They are GOYIM. I am a DOG to Netanyahu that is only placed on this planet to serve him. Massacring Palestinian babies last week is perfectly acceptable because they will grow up to be different than the chosen race.

And I'M a bigot??
    hahahaha

Girl, what are you doing? Take a deep breath. Repeat after me, "serenity now."