User Tag List

First 345

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Maybe this is a good time to reference the Forum War thread that UniqueMixture recently started.

I mean, think about it -- we could have a whole huge arena.... maybe even an entire abandoned/run-down city.... converted over to the "50 States War Zone / No Man's Land." And basically if people wanted to just abuse and shoot the crap out of each other, they could just go there and have at it, and no one would be legally culpable for anything that happens if they do go into that arena (although they would have to listen to the cops if the cops went in there to police the place). Meanwhile, every place else would be Business As Usual, and under typical laws.

Don't say that nothing good ever came out of Typology Central!
    This kind of outlet could save the 50 Frickin' States of America.

(If you can't do it for yourself, do it for Ben Franklin! And Tommy J! And the big George-O! And all those other revolutionaries who got this little shindig going!)

I second this motion. I shall become emperor of Warworld.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Maybe this is a good time to reference the Forum War thread that UniqueMixture recently started.

I mean, think about it -- we could have a whole huge arena.... maybe even an entire abandoned/run-down city.... converted over to the "50 States War Zone / No Man's Land." And basically if people wanted to just abuse and shoot the crap out of each other, they could just go there and have at it, and no one would be legally culpable for anything that happens if they do go into that arena (although they would have to listen to the cops if the cops went in there to police the place). Meanwhile, every place else would be Business As Usual, and under typical laws.

(If you can't do it for yourself, do it for Ben Franklin! And Tommy J! And the big George-O! And all those other revolutionaries who got this little shindig going!)
    Sounds like a fun idea, except with the government in charge it sounds like it could get Battle Royale-y very quickly.

I suggest Kansas. The whole thing.
    Dirt Farmer

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I wonder if 12/21/12 will come true?
    I'm beginning to hope so.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Sounds like a fun idea, except with the government in charge it sounds like it could get Battle Royale-y very quickly.
    Better yet.

They could package the best footage and market it in order to raise funds to pay off the deficit and support social programs (like gun safety) for the rest of society.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    I suggest Kansas. The whole thing.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I wonder if all the predictions of the US being about twenty years away from a civil war are for real.
    I can't imagine this, but there could be more domestic terrorism from the far-Right like we saw with Timothy McVeigh. There are far-Right Libertarian militia groups in the U.S. of which McVeigh was a sympathizer.

It is my impression, and moreso my hope, that the bulk of the population is more reasonable than the media (especially FoxNews) would indicate. The move towards tolerance and diversity may be too much for the extremists who could respond with violence, but I think the majority will favor tolerance.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

If there is a social collapse coming, it will be in the wake of the US defaulting on debts (probably due to a lack of willing creditors).

I keep my powder dry for a reason.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

It doesn't matter. Secession is not viable. And in the past, the government has ignored secession petitions that meet the legal threshhold, not surprisingly.

Most of the time, it's just a temper tantrum anyway.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Anew Leaf

I shall secede to my own private island in the Pacific where I can talk to sharks and hoard vitamin D.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I know I have to talk to totally different people about this, but I want Greenland and Baffin Island.
    Go to sleep, iguana.