User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Default Hotels allowed to discriminate..

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questn...-1226516106009

tldr

Hotels are now being allowed to discriminate against sex workers operating on their property. Sex workers are claiming that they should be allowed to conduct business in hotels and motels, because it's safer than outcalls to private homes. Hotels and motels are saying that it leaves them liable for a range of additional costs, and a host of other problems, including that they are ultimately responsible, although it is not their business. Prostitution in legally registered brothels is completely legal in QLD

What do you guys thinK?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

If it's legal, then they shouldn't be discriminated against.. but I think, if I am reading right, only certain registered buildings are tolerated in this legal notion? Hotels are not a brothel..

Even so. How do hotels really know if someone is a sex worker or not? True, the girl could admit it, but outside of that.. who is to say what she does with her spare time and private life? I'd hate to just be a party girl and be mistaken for a whore and banned from a hotel as a result.. Where does the line get drawn on what constitutes a whore, especially when it is an illegal act and thus they probably aren't going to admit or lead on to it one way or the other?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

On The blessblessblessblesster
    MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Hm... perhaps the introduction of prostitute licensing would help identify prostitutes. Before a lady of the night is licensed to take clientele, she must pass a health and safety exam and take a blood test. Any STD's would appear on her license. Also, this is helpful for ensuring the proper income taxes are remitted. This could actually be implemented in countries where prostitution is illegal as well Regulate and tax it!

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by Bilateral Entry View Post
    Hm... perhaps the introduction of prostitute licensing would help identify prostitutes. Before a lady of the night is licensed to take clientele, she must pass a health and safety exam and take a blood test. Any STD's would appear on her license. Also, this is helpful for ensuring the proper income taxes are remitted. This could actually be implemented in countries where prostitution is illegal as well Regulate and tax it!
    What does this have to do with the article?

MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    What does this have to do with the article?
    if easily identifiable, hotels could easily discriminate prostitutes from working there

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Hotels should be allowed to discriminate. I don't think they'd like it if someone rented a room and turned it into a meth lab, either. Renting a room does not mean "anything goes".
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Hotels should be allowed to discriminate. I don't think they'd like it if someone rented a room and turned it into a meth lab, either. Renting a room does not mean "anything goes".
    But having sex in a hotel room is acceptable. Just not when money changes hands.... for some reason...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

But having sex in a hotel room is acceptable. Just not when money changes hands.... for some reason...
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFJ

I think they're talking about when the person actually gets the room and proceeds to run the business out of it. So they'd have customers coming and going.

I wondered how they would even know about it in the first place at first, because it typically seems to be the opposite of this - they pick up first elsewhere and then get the room as a one shot deal - but then I realized they must be talking about when they get the room and station there and actually run their business from that room.

If that's the case then I'm inclined to agree with the ruling, especially in hotels. It would be hard to miss customers traipsing through the lobby at any hours of the day strangely going to one room. It'd be quite obvious, kind of like how drug houses are here with all the strange people that come and go.

MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Well IMO society's a little too image-obsessed anyhow. People having sex in a hotel room for free, vs. for money doesn't change the quality of the actual hotel. I don't think discriminating for purposes of upkeep of a reputation is a legitimate reason. I would say to the hotels "sorry these customers aren't convenient for you. But unless they're causing damage or bothering other guests, you don't have a reason to discriminate".