User Tag List

First 26667475767778 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Tonight's top story: Republican party still not crazy enough for Virginian Republican voters.
    More like the Republican Party doesn't give a shit about what its voting base wants, and rightly gets hammered for it.

Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    The root of my anxiousness is due to my urging that Conservative Republicans, Tea Party Republicans & libertarians should temporarily unite in order to defeat the Liberal Democrats
    You're wasting your hippy breath. If the country goes to ruin I'd rather it happen while I'm still young enough to thrive in it, so I'll vote for the candidate who'll do the least harm and you and 90% of your stupid hippy friends will vote for the non-democrat who's "most likely to win", and, of course, the Reagan-Bush clone will win and save the US from the evil democrats by continuing the policies that obama continued when he took office and Bush continued when he took office and Clinton continued when he took office and on and on and on and on and on.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    More like the Republican Party doesn't give a shit about what its voting base wants, and rightly gets hammered for it.
    More like the independents will soon outnumber either party and the republican party will soon be a scraggly third-party still obsessed with abortion and murdering retards and mindless flagwaving and jesus's birthday. But ya, that voting base needs blood, amirite???
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    But Dave Brat the Decantor is a Republican, too.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    But Dave Brat the Decantor is a Republican, too.
    *Not yet* that well versed in PC though, as the guy was barely known until recently.

It is all hot air anyway, nothing will change...America will fall to pieces in a couple of decades and a new order will rise from the ashes.

Eric Cantor is a RINO? During the Reagan administration he would have been a far-right wingnut that nobody took seriously. And now, because the GOP base actually thinks the problem with their party is that they're not conservative enough, Cantor is out. It's like if McDonald's introduced a veggie burger that failed, and decided the solution was to make a double decker veggie burger.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Eric Cantor is a RINO? During the Reagan administration he would have been a far-right wingnut that nobody took seriously. And now, because the GOP base actually thinks the problem with their party is that they're not conservative enough, Cantor is out. It's like if McDonald's introduced a veggie burger that failed, and decided the solution was to make a double decker veggie burger.
    Cantor isn't to the right of reagan..... Reagan was, to some degree, a constitutionalist and believed that public education policy should be handled by the states and local governments. Cantor was a supporter of No Child Left Behind, which gives the federal government more authority. I don't know how Reagan would've handled the Iraq War, but Cantor was for it. Based on his actions as president, I'd assume that he would've wanted another covert police action or assasination but the geopolitical landscape changed so much since he was president it'd probably be anyone's guess. His voting record is public, compare it to Reagan's record and you'll prolly come to the conclusion that Cantor was slightly more liberal and a bit more authoritarian than Reagan. Ofc, the trend in American politics has been towards authoritarianism, regardless of the horizontal orientation of the party in power so maybe after our dictator is overthrown we should go back to being libertarian-leaning lefties and righties, as some kind of cushion for the inevitable centralisation of power????

Meanwhile, as everyone criticizes the tea party for being crazy uncompromising fools, Rand Paul is working across the aisle with Harry Reid, of all people, to bring about sensible legislation that will boost the economy and provide revenue for infrastructure.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins...san-tax-holida

Re: Crazy Tea Party People

Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    i don't know if this was brought up, but if enough people care about that, why not start that as a non-profit? sort of an organization that divides it's campaign finances equally between candidates applying to it? you can market it as contributing for "the equal voice & opportunity" , or something of that sort. grow big enough and you might get some government support, but you can still start outside of it.
    There are a few states that do something similar, I believe California has begun something similar. After a Republican or Democrat candidate spends a certain amount (using those two since they are the main parties) for each amount spent by those two candidate, that same amount of money has to also be given towards the other less know candidates (like Green, Peace and Freedom, Independent, NPP.) So it gets expensive if a candidate decides to spend 1m dollars because part of that money has to go towards the other candidates. I think some states have implemented something similar, but I don't know about those states.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    Cantor isn't to the right of reagan..... Reagan was, to some degree, a constitutionalist and believed that public education policy should be handled by the states and local governments. Cantor was a supporter of No Child Left Behind, which gives the federal government more authority. I don't know how Reagan would've handled the Iraq War, but Cantor was for it. Based on his actions as president, I'd assume that he would've wanted another covert police action or assasination but the geopolitical landscape changed so much since he was president it'd probably be anyone's guess. His voting record is public, compare it to Reagan's record and you'll prolly come to the conclusion that Cantor was slightly more liberal and a bit more authoritarian than Reagan. Ofc, the trend in American politics has been towards authoritarianism, regardless of the horizontal orientation of the party in power so maybe after our dictator is overthrown we should go back to being libertarian-leaning lefties and righties, as some kind of cushion for the inevitable centralisation of power????
    Considering I am a Californian.... I view Reagan's policies to be a lot more "liberal" than what many Republicans and Democrats envision him to be. And well, I see Cantor's policies a lot more Republican than what most Republican thinks. I could probably go and extract some info and state the reasons why I view Reagan as more liberal than what most Democrats and Republican view him as....but it may be a lost cause here.