User Tag List

First 25657374757677 Last

Results 741 to 750 of 798

  1. #741
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Do you have any evidence for this claim? If what you say is true, then the total number of votes cast should be significantly higher than in the past. I'm thinking it must be at least double the voter turnout of previous primary elections for your explanation to have any validity. I looked but couldn't easily find the vote totals for previous primary elections (Virginia's government election results site is malfunctioning), so I gave up.
    I'm not a fan of Cantor, the guy is a liberal in conservatives sheep skin.

    I've no idea when the election numbers will be released but Cantor was expected to win by something like 35 points but he instead lost by 11 points.
    Let's generously suppose that 20 points worth of voters figured the election was a guaranteed win for Cantor & they stayed home rather than going out to the voting polls. Maybe 10 - 12 points worth of voters were fed up with Cantor & decided to give the new guy a shot at representing the district.

    Since there's been no recent mass immigration into Virginia, where did the number of votes come from to defeat Cantor by over 10 points? I think the democrats voted to affect defeating the #2 republican in the House!

  2. #742
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Since it's a gerrymandered district, it's probably a very safe district and any Republican would win easily. Also, Mr. Brat is very well known in his district according to a radio show caller who voted in this election.



    Getting rid of an establishment rino is almost as sweet as defeating a Democrat. These weasels ran up the debt and passed another entitlement program during the Bush administration and they actually bashed Ted Cruz when he spoke out against Obamacare. I would love to see more rinos like Peter King primaried out.
    I don't know very much regarding the district but upon seeing the upset of 11 points rather than the 35 point victory predicted, I suspected the democrats were up to another round of dirty politics.

  3. #743
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    IMHO the 2014 & 2016 elections are the last chances of saving the US from economic collapse & civil war within the next decade.
    Because only trickle-down economics can save the American middle class!

  4. #744
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Because only trickle-down economics can save the American middle class!
    Or, maybe because a guy who has Baugh auto body as his biggest contributor and yet has a phd in economics is more likely to fix this country and throw crony capitalists from wall street in jail than elitist Dems and Reps backed by Goldman Sachs

    Besides, what's the alternative? Right now Obama's big push has been to raise the minimum wage, but that will only hurt the middle class... well the teens in the middle class homes will have more money.

  5. #745
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,056

    Default

    None of them will throw wall street crony capitalists in jail. They wouldn't get campaign funds if they did.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  6. #746
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,911

    Default

    Tonight's top story: Republican party still not crazy enough for Virginian Republican voters.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  7. #747
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    I'm not a fan of Cantor, the guy is a liberal in conservatives sheep skin.

    I've no idea when the election numbers will be released but Cantor was expected to win by something like 35 points but he instead lost by 11 points.
    Let's generously suppose that 20 points worth of voters figured the election was a guaranteed win for Cantor & they stayed home rather than going out to the voting polls. Maybe 10 - 12 points worth of voters were fed up with Cantor & decided to give the new guy a shot at representing the district.

    Since there's been no recent mass immigration into Virginia, where did the number of votes come from to defeat Cantor by over 10 points? I think the democrats voted to affect defeating the #2 republican in the House!
    Obviously the people who said Cantor would win by 35 points were wrong. Watch the video in this link.

    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-dr...pollsters-suck

    As for the rest of your post, this has already been explained. If you don't understand the math and how it makes your insistence that there was a Democratic conspiracy sound ridiculous, we have nothing left to discuss. 2+2=4, yet you continue to claim that maybe 2+2=5 because it fits with what you want to believe.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  8. #748
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Tonight's top story: Republican party still not crazy enough for Virginian Republican voters.

  9. #749
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    None of them will throw wall street crony capitalists in jail. They wouldn't get campaign funds if they did.
    I loved how my cynical professor put it. If he had the option, he'd throw out every single congressman out the door and have elections all over the place, which is one of the few requirements. Just throwing only one of them under the bus won't help, no matter how much one likes his/her representative. The second issue was the campaign funds.

  10. #750
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    I loved how my cynical professor put it. If he had the option, he'd throw out every single congressman out the door and have elections all over the place, which is one of the few requirements. Just throwing only one of them under the bus won't help, no matter how much one likes his/her representative. The second issue was the campaign funds.
    i don't know if this was brought up, but if enough people care about that, why not start that as a non-profit? sort of an organization that divides it's campaign finances equally between candidates applying to it? you can market it as contributing for "the equal voice & opportunity" , or something of that sort. grow big enough and you might get some government support, but you can still start outside of it.

Similar Threads

  1. Former Republican staffer's extremely scathing critique of the Republican party.
    By Magic Poriferan in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-23-2011, 07:29 PM
  2. The Future of Microprocessors
    By ygolo in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-15-2011, 04:23 AM
  3. Unity within the upper echelons of the Republican Party begins to crack.
    By DiscoBiscuit in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 12:18 PM
  4. The Death of the Republican Party, Stardate Unknown
    By Wind Up Rex in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-08-2009, 01:58 PM
  5. Your Predictions About the Future of Psychotherapy
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 07:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO