User Tag List

First 25657374757677 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Do you have any evidence for this claim? If what you say is true, then the total number of votes cast should be significantly higher than in the past. I'm thinking it must be at least double the voter turnout of previous primary elections for your explanation to have any validity. I looked but couldn't easily find the vote totals for previous primary elections (Virginia's government election results site is malfunctioning), so I gave up.
    I'm not a fan of Cantor, the guy is a liberal in conservatives sheep skin.

I've no idea when the election numbers will be released but Cantor was expected to win by something like 35 points but he instead lost by 11 points.
    Let's generously suppose that 20 points worth of voters figured the election was a guaranteed win for Cantor & they stayed home rather than going out to the voting polls. Maybe 10 - 12 points worth of voters were fed up with Cantor & decided to give the new guy a shot at representing the district.

Since there's been no recent mass immigration into Virginia, where did the number of votes come from to defeat Cantor by over 10 points? I think the democrats voted to affect defeating the #2 republican in the House!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Since it's a gerrymandered district, it's probably a very safe district and any Republican would win easily. Also, Mr. Brat is very well known in his district according to a radio show caller who voted in this election.

Getting rid of an establishment rino is almost as sweet as defeating a Democrat. These weasels ran up the debt and passed another entitlement program during the Bush administration and they actually bashed Ted Cruz when he spoke out against Obamacare. I would love to see more rinos like Peter King primaried out.
    I don't know very much regarding the district but upon seeing the upset of 11 points rather than the 35 point victory predicted, I suspected the democrats were up to another round of dirty politics.

Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    IMHO the 2014 & 2016 elections are the last chances of saving the US from economic collapse & civil war within the next decade.
    Because only trickle-down economics can save the American middle class!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Because only trickle-down economics can save the American middle class!
    Or, maybe because a guy who has Baugh auto body as his biggest contributor and yet has a phd in economics is more likely to fix this country and throw crony capitalists from wall street in jail than elitist Dems and Reps backed by Goldman Sachs

Besides, what's the alternative? Right now Obama's big push has been to raise the minimum wage, but that will only hurt the middle class... well the teens in the middle class homes will have more money.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

None of them will throw wall street crony capitalists in jail. They wouldn't get campaign funds if they did.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Tonight's top story: Republican party still not crazy enough for Virginian Republican voters.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    I'm not a fan of Cantor, the guy is a liberal in conservatives sheep skin.

I've no idea when the election numbers will be released but Cantor was expected to win by something like 35 points but he instead lost by 11 points.
    Let's generously suppose that 20 points worth of voters figured the election was a guaranteed win for Cantor & they stayed home rather than going out to the voting polls. Maybe 10 - 12 points worth of voters were fed up with Cantor & decided to give the new guy a shot at representing the district.

Since there's been no recent mass immigration into Virginia, where did the number of votes come from to defeat Cantor by over 10 points? I think the democrats voted to affect defeating the #2 republican in the House!
    Obviously the people who said Cantor would win by 35 points were wrong. Watch the video in this link.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-dr...pollsters-suck

As for the rest of your post, this has already been explained. If you don't understand the math and how it makes your insistence that there was a Democratic conspiracy sound ridiculous, we have nothing left to discuss. 2+2=4, yet you continue to claim that maybe 2+2=5 because it fits with what you want to believe.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Tonight's top story: Republican party still not crazy enough for Virginian Republican voters.

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    None of them will throw wall street crony capitalists in jail. They wouldn't get campaign funds if they did.
    I loved how my cynical professor put it. If he had the option, he'd throw out every single congressman out the door and have elections all over the place, which is one of the few requirements. Just throwing only one of them under the bus won't help, no matter how much one likes his/her representative. The second issue was the campaign funds.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    I loved how my cynical professor put it. If he had the option, he'd throw out every single congressman out the door and have elections all over the place, which is one of the few requirements. Just throwing only one of them under the bus won't help, no matter how much one likes his/her representative. The second issue was the campaign funds.
    i don't know if this was brought up, but if enough people care about that, why not start that as a non-profit? sort of an organization that divides it's campaign finances equally between candidates applying to it? you can market it as contributing for "the equal voice & opportunity" , or something of that sort. grow big enough and you might get some government support, but you can still start outside of it.