User Tag List

First 40484950515260 Last

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Actually, I heard the wrestler got in some trouble with a DWI, so probably not.

They should keep the manager though. Find another wrestler.
    Well what they should do is another issue. I think they should fold the whole business.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

If this is all so obvious, then why did Obama win? He could have lost.
    It's obvious because I'm young.

To your other question, most of the policy makers and higher ups in the party (some of whom made up the entirety of Romney's campaign advisers) are old blue hairs who made their way in DC pushing the kind of politics we saw from the right in 2012.

Back in 2003 when they were moving up the ranks, all these political moves reelected Bush, and made them rich.

One presidential loss can be blamed on a candidate (McCain in '08 and the refrain that he was too old). 2 in a row, especially with how weak Obama was this time around sends a different message to the higher ups.

Now we are finally seeing a narrative about the Republican reformation. It was always going to take 2 (hopefully not more) national losses to wake them up.

Not too mention, we killed in 2010, and most of the higher ups took that as validation of their contention that our '08 loss had more to do with the candidate McCain than it did with the party and it's message.

you'd see I'm not even championing the "left".
    I don't think you're championing the left (or any cause for that matter [you seem the type that hates both parties but can't articulate what you really believe]).

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Well what they should do is another issue. I think they should fold the whole business.
    I'd agree, but I thought you were a free market type. Take the good with the bad, no?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Not too mention, we killed in 2010, and most of the higher ups took that as validation of their contention that our '08 loss had more to do with the candidate McCain than it did with the party and it's message.
    One of the craziest things about that was that they immediately fired Michael Steele after the 2010 success and hired that jerk Priebus who still has his job even after the utter failure in November.

I don't think you're championing the left (or any cause for that matter [you seem the type that hates both parties but can't articulate what you really believe]).
    ^Silly Te and it's clearly delineanized ideologies and explantions for everything.

I'd agree, but I thought you were a free market type. Take the good with the bad, no?
    I believe in a broader free market so that people can make good choices not stupid, selfish, damaging choices. I'm no Randian. If I was a local politician I would try to keep them out of my area.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    One of the craziest things about that was that they immediately fired Michael Steele after the 2010 success and hired that jerk Priebus who still has his job even after the utter failure in November.
    I was never a big fan of either of them.

I'm seeing a lot of encouraging signs in the parts the political media I read (which admittedly has many folks who have been arguing that we need to reform for several years).

Thoughts and sentiments that would have been taken as heresy two years ago are now being espoused by fairly respectable figures within the ranks of right leaning journalists and academics.

I'm convinced that the younger class of Republicans in D.C. and in governorships (Ryan, Cantor, Rubio, Jindal etc..) know that they are going to need to evolve their positions as popular opinion shifts to a more secular, and socially libertarian stance.

I'm convinced that Rubio is the smartest political operator we have up there at the moment, and will be able to read which way the winds are blowing and act accordingly.

For now, our younger Republicans have to walk a tight rope between maintaining stances that make them attractive to the public while still catering to the party enough to not piss them off, not to mention crafting views that are still agreeable to primary voters at the same time.

This tight rope is why the reform isn't going to be overnight. Many of our higher ups made their careers saying things that have no place in modern politics. Unfortunately, most of these people are the ones holding the reins in the party, and help determine our platform.

The reins are being passed right now, as donors are pissed with the performance in 2012.

I'm curious to see how fast this will happen. I hope we don't take 2 steps back to pay lip service to the primary voters in '14.

We need to look and espouse views more attractive to the general electorate in 2014 while still getting primary votes if we want to run strong in '16.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

^Silly Te and it's clearly delineanized ideologies and explantions for everything.
    What do you think we should do with Iran then?

We need to look and espouse views more attractive to the general electorate in 2014 while still getting primary votes if we want to run strong in '16.
    Half of the time, it's as simple as not insulting potential voters (like the 47% comment, or buddying up with extremists.. or get this, waving them off as stupid ). Many people are willing to be sold an idea and "test" out different political ideologies, but not when a crackpot politician warrants a "WTF?" or a hawkish one makes them nervous. Millions of dollars spent on polling and strategy, and most of the time, it just takes not being a lunatic or an asshole. The bar is low.

What do you think we should do with Iran then?
    Nato should swarm N Korea first. It'd give Iran pause.

Both of them are merely doing it to gain political leverage to open up more talk on sanctions. I don't think either is a clear and present danger - but stomping out N Korea would aid in killing two birds with one stone.

Also, this is somewhat underreported, but since Afghanistan, Iran has been going through an opium resurgence - an epidemic, more like. I think the number of addicts is 4 or 5 million? They're trying to crack down their borders more and introducing more methadone clinics, but I think funneling even more heroin there might do some good. Is it bad that I say that?