User Tag List

First 1927282930313979 Last

Results 281 to 290 of 798

  1. #281
    Senior Member BAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Actually, they did.



    Actually, no it wasn't.



    Blatant falsities throughout.



    You clearly don't even understand his plan, as you've made blatantly false claims above, and, as such, you are in no place to accurately make a judgment about this. This is what I said in my rep. You make demonstrably false claims -- straight, undeniable factual falsities -- throughout your posts. And you do so constantly. You are not a credible source of information.
    You are doing it again. Saying I'm liar doesn't prove anything. That's just a personal attack. Prove me wrong.

    Also, now prove these wrong:


    http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...y-savings.html

    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...viser-tax-cuts

    http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=3658

    http://www.businessinsider.com/analy...my-2012-7?op=1

  2. #282
    Senior Member BAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Exactly my point. Taking everything possible from the rich, individuals and corporations, and then some would barely run the government for a year, and do nothing to our 16 trillion national debt.
    See, this is why I voted Libertarian. Neither side came up with a real plan. I love things that make me think, and I've see different videos on this same theme. The level of spending is amazingly bad.

  3. #283
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Perhaps you thought it was stupid when other Republicans did it, but I think the point was that the Republican and conservative establishment really didn't seem to raise a finger against until Obama started doing it.
    Every Republican I know thought it was stupid.

    The "Republican or conservative establishment" is an abstraction, and his "argument" did little more than fill in whatever he wanted to about however he wanted to think of that abstraction. Considering tens of millions of Republicans probably thought it was stupid, and many conservative writers, thinkers, pundits, and talking heads did so as well, his argument really doesn't stand.

  4. #284
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    You are doing it again.
    You don't know what I'm doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    Saying I'm liar doesn't prove anything.
    I never said that you're a liar.

    I said that you are wrong.

    And you are.

    Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    That's just a personal attack.
    No, actually, it's not.

    It's a factual claim about the falsity of your assertions.

    Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    Prove me wrong.
    I don't need to.

    All the information is out there.

    You obviously haven't been able to figure it all out.

    And, as I said before, I'm not in the business of putting all the facts together for you.

    The claims you have made are false, my pointing you to or not pointing you to the evidence doesn't change that.

  5. #285
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Mathematically feasible like balancing the budget without taxes hikes or cuts to defense spending?
    That is mathematically feasible actually.

    And, as I showed before, in the Ryan Plan, defense spending as a % of GDP declines to historical lows.

  6. #286
    Senior Member BAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    You don't know what I'm doing.



    I never said that you're a liar.

    I said that you are wrong.

    And you are.



    No, actually, it's not.

    It's a factual claim about the falsity of your assertions.



    I don't need to.

    All the information is out there.

    You obviously haven't been able to figure it all out.

    And, as I said before, I'm not in the business of putting all the facts together for you.

    The claims you have made are false, my pointing you to or not pointing you to the evidence doesn't change that.

    I provided four articles.

    Provide four of your own or at least one.

  7. #287
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    I provided four articles.

    Provide four of your own or at least one.
    Go look for them yourself.

    They're out there.

  8. #288
    Senior Member BAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Demonstrate the math as a formula.

  9. #289
    Senior Member BAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Go look for them yourself.

    They're out there.
    I typed: "Romneys plan for a balanced budget with deficit repayment" into bing, and I posted the articles that came up.

  10. #290
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    That's not what the chart is about. It's showing the amount of *federal* spending in each state, compared to the amount of *federal* taxes paid by residents of that state. California, like many less rural "blue" states, pays a lot more into the federal government than it receives. Californians (and residents of many other states with higher urban populations) are subsidizing more rural states. The fact that those same rural states tend to support candidates who decry federal spending while simultaneously taking more than they give is the issue here.
    1.) So long as such states keep voting for politicians with an anti-federalist, high tax and high spending agenda, I have no sympathy for them....they're getting exactly what they asked for.

    2.) Such figures are highly misleading; in the first place, the higher concentration of upper-income people in such states is mostly inertia from previous periods of prosperity, not an indicator of relative economic vigor in current times-there's a reason for the Sun Belt phenomenom, and for over a decade California in particular has exported far more people to other states than its imported, a much better indicator of relative economic health. Secondly, California in particular also has a younger population than other states, and therefore pays less for things like social security and medicare.

Similar Threads

  1. Former Republican staffer's extremely scathing critique of the Republican party.
    By Magic Poriferan in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-23-2011, 07:29 PM
  2. The Future of Microprocessors
    By ygolo in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-15-2011, 04:23 AM
  3. Unity within the upper echelons of the Republican Party begins to crack.
    By DiscoBiscuit in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 12:18 PM
  4. The Death of the Republican Party, Stardate Unknown
    By Wind Up Rex in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-08-2009, 01:58 PM
  5. Your Predictions About the Future of Psychotherapy
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 07:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO