User Tag List

First 1826272829303878 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Perhaps if the idiots stopped nothing but ignorant attacks about 50% of the country it would die down.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Perhaps if the idiots stopped nothing but ignorant attacks about 50% of the country it would die down.
    I'm not sure what this sentence says exactly, but I think I agree. All the candidates should stop mud slinging and provide a well reasoned, mathematically correct plan.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Actually, it was stupid when the other Republicans did it, just like it was stupid when the Democrats did it.

Thank you for another stupid argument.
    Perhaps you thought it was stupid when other Republicans did it, but I think the point was that the Republican and conservative establishment really didn't seem to raise a finger against until Obama started doing it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    I'm not sure what this sentence says exactly, but I think I agree.
    You read it wrong.

All the candidates should stop mud slinging and provide a well reasoned, mathematically correct plan.
    Yes, well, there's this thing called reality.

In it, when you have a mathematically feasible plan that requires cost-cutting, your opponent demagogues the shit out of you.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Mathematically feasible like balancing the budget without taxes hikes or cuts to defense spending?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

@Risen give me a think tank that isn't "pro"-business.

Remember, the property tax were there when California was economically sound with a lower sales tax.

The fact that we had this anti-tax revolution in 1978 is why we have this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Would you guys please keep your ad hominem bickering out of this thread!
    Can't be helped when some people seem to like using ad hominems in every post.

MBTI
    FREE

You read it wrong.
    In it, when you have a mathematically feasible plan that requires cost-cutting, your opponent demagogues the shit out of you.
    A truth is a truth is a truth is a truth.

We can hear the same words, and focus on entirely different aspects of what was said. A man steals bread to feed his hungry family. We can see a thief. We can see a loving father, a loving husband. We can see "the problem with this country." We can see a symptom of "the problem with this country." Until we, as a people, can acknowledge our own preconceptions and bias, we will not escape this cycle.

I see the President's actions after the Benghazi attack. I think to myself, "The President cares for our country." And so, I come to the preliminary conclusion that his actions were those which, in his opinion, were in the best interest of our country. I see evidence, such as the fact that the CIA talking points were edited so as not to give advanced warning to the terrorist groups that we were on their trail. My positive opinion of the President is reinforced.

He sees the President's actions after the Benghazi attack. He thinks to himself, "The President only cares about himself and getting elected." And so, he comes to the preliminary conclusion that the president's actions were those which facilitated his reelection; a filthy liar and a fool, Obama is. He sees evidence, such as the fact that the CIA talking points were edited. He also sees the "phony excuse" that it was to aid in tracking down the terrorists. He doesn't believe a liar. He sees that the President knew it was a terror attack, and lied about it. His negative opinion of the President is reinforced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Actually I was looking for something that satisfied:

Revenue - expenses -deficit reduction = 0

The Republicans came no where near satisfying this. Their whole platform was to attack Obama.

Both sides must come across. This is perhaps it's own thread, but no Republican came up with a plan that they promoted to the end. What I said more than once was not a personal attack on Romney, but an indication that he offered to cut nothing except the corporation for public broadcasting, offering tax cuts, not cutting any major program, increasing defense spending by 4%. Many Americans knew this was a lie because there is no way it can add up.

However, neither can we eat the rich and make up the gap. There must be massive cuts. I read somewhere that we are spending 43% more than we bring in with no end in sight. So if we are going to add deficit reduction, we are looking at cutting the Federal budget by more than 43%, unless we also increase revenue. We must do both.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

The Republicans came no where near satisfying this.
    Actually, they did.

Their whole platform was to attack Obama.
    Actually, no it wasn't.

...Romney... offered to cut nothing except the corporation for public broadcasting, offering tax cuts, not cutting any major program, increasing defense spending by 4%.
    Blatant falsities throughout.

Many Americans knew this was a lie because there is no way it can add up.
    You clearly don't even understand his plan, as you've made blatantly false claims above, and, as such, you are in no place to accurately make a judgment about this. This is what I said in my rep. You make demonstrably false claims -- straight, undeniable factual falsities -- throughout your posts. And you do so constantly. You are not a credible source of information.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Exactly my point. Taking everything possible from the rich, individuals and corporations, and then some would barely run the government for a year, and do nothing to our 16 trillion national debt.