User Tag List

123 Last

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Default Colorado vote to legalise marijuana.

I've never been to Colorado nor do I need something to be legal before I smoke something... Yeah.

But nonetheless, I am waiting for the South Park episode to come out.

[image not appropriate]

I am aware that South Park already did an episode like this, but now it's happening for real.

I wonder though, is it all marijuana, or just medicinal marijuana?
    Last edited by Patches; 11-12-2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason: -removed by patches

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

It's recreational that's now legal there. Isn't medicinal allowed most places now already?

Colorado gets the picture before California? What a crazy world....

your resident asshole

I think it's a step forward. Good for them.

MBTI
    INFP

Should be a nice little earner for the Colorado government in these tough economic times.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Should be a nice little earner for the Colorado government in these tough economic times.
    Marijuana use is still against Federal law, so it won't be quite that easy.

Looks like Washington state also voted to make recreational use legal, though.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Marijuana use is still against Federal law, so it won't be quite that easy.
    Most likely that means that people will be able to smoke pot all they want, but businesses will be shy about selling it. If the federal government is going to crack down it's going to be against businesses. (Tracking down individuals would be too much trouble on the federal level.)

In the short term I think it's not much different from decriminization, but it sets an ideological precedent. This will likely inspire movements in other states which could eventually overturn the federal law.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Good. There's way better stuff a government can spend tax money on than enforcing marijuana laws.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Most likely that means that people will be able to smoke pot all they want, but businesses will be shy about selling it. If the federal government is going to crack down it's going to be against businesses. (Tracking down individuals would be too much trouble on the federal level.)

In the short term I think it's not much different from decriminization, but it sets an ideological precedent. This will likely inspire movements in other states which could eventually overturn the federal law.
    Ah, that makes a lot of sense. I can only hope it does inspire other states to follow suit. Especially when people see that Colorado doesn't suddenly all die at the same time.

Hmm... if I lived in Colorado I'd probably look into buying some pizza joints, though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    It's recreational that's now legal there. Isn't medicinal allowed most places now already?

Colorado gets the picture before California? What a crazy world....

I live in Colorado. Medicinal marijuana has been legal here for years already.

Colorado may not be a total blue state, but we have a history of being fairly progressive on social issues.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Permabanned

Edit: A lot of this is false.

Why I voted no on this is because now I have a problem. If the state allows it, and the fed doesn't, what am I supposed to do? Completely flying in the face of the fed is going to get a lot of people in trouble...and it's for an absolutely useless thing in the end. The problem with the way the initiative was written is that it'll be legal to be high in public...to smoke in public. It doesn't limit it to private areas as far as I can tell. Which means I can walk the streets downtown smoking a blunt in the middle of the day.

Hopefully someone somewhere will realize that a provision needs to be put in place which limits it to private residences....they have a month.

It's a clunky law..

And the fed will come down hard on businesses....and even worse, potentially people, screwing up people's otherwise decent lives. It's just senseless...and all for a stupid plant that could be gotten at will anyway. And it was cheap before, watch the prices go up...

I've already heard rumblings of a march should anything happen. To keep that from happening, they'd need to limit it to private areas...and businesses, I guess.

That's why I looked at it from a practical stand point. If you want to smoke, smoke. It was easy to get away with before, going out in public was easy...no one knew, or could tell, or cared, but now, with this initiative, it's going to make that a lot more dangerous to do, if the fed decides to crack down.

At least it's interesting, though.