User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 104

  1. #71
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    At this point I doubt Romney really cares about your opinion as you don't live in Ohio.
    He won't care about Ohio's opinion after the election even if he wins. Nobility doesn't concern itself with such trivialities.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  2. #72
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    What I'm suggesting is that Bush was worse. Perhaps he handled the media better, but he was much, much worse. Are we better off under Obama's foreign policy than Bush? Absolutely no doubt. Will we be better under Obama than Romney? In the area of foreign policy...absolutely no doubt. Romney knows Obama is strong in that area, which is why he parroted Obama's positions in the third debate, with numerous flip flops.

    In general, the Republican party thrives on fear and war. They want people perpetually afraid. I think they would deliberately exacerbate situations globally to spread hegemony and war. They would ramp up terrorist attacks or allow them to occur to perpetuate their imperialist goals.

    Even if that is not their direct goal, these occupations of countries, legitimate or not, increase the growth of terrorism in the world, as more and more people are inspired to join the cause. The Iraq war was unfounded, and Iranians have not declared war in decades. Instead, we declare war frequently, and we've put dozens of military bases on the Iranian border. We send in drones.

    Why is it such terrible thing for Iran to have a weapon? Israel has basements full of them. Pakistan is actually where Osama was, and they have them.

    This whole notion of starting wars is solely for the benefit of the wealthy and powers that be, so that oil can be extracted and so that US corporations can benefit at tax payer expense.

    And why is Israel so special? They and the US are basically terrorists on a grand scale, but we look at it with rose colored glasses. Killing and bombing occur, hundreds of thousands are killed, but we are the "righteous side".

    I can practically promise...mark my words...if Romney is elected, we will be at war with Iran, and perhaps other nations. Fear will be increased. Our standing among nations will fall. The propensity for bilateral and multilateral endeavors will decrease, and our isolation will increase.

    Meanwhile, as militarization increases, our schooling, infrastructure, and economy will increasingly falter.

    We need radical change.
    I don't think the Republican party allows terrorist attacks to occur. They're opportunists, not co-conspirators.

    Israel is special because the evangelicals want Biblical prophecy to be fulfilled, not because Republicans actually care about the Israelis as people (they don't).

    Want to read some scary stuff? Read this article.

    http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Chri...rmageddon.aspx

    While only 36 percent of all Americans believe that the Bible is God's Word and should be taken literally, 59 percent say they believe that events predicted in the Book of Revelation will come to pass. Almost one out of four Americans believes that 9/11 was predicted in the Bible, and nearly one in five believes that he or she will live long enough to see the end of the world. Even more significant for this study, over one-third of those Americans who support Israel report that they do so because they believe the Bible teaches that the Jews must possess their own country in the Holy Land before Jesus can return.
    My parents belong to this group.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  3. #73
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Well, you're right that I know very little about you... but based on what I've seen with regard to your participation in these political discussions, you certainly don't strike me as open-minded. Your participation generally seems focused on calling other people (both forum members and in references to external sources of data) stupid. Just calling them as I see them.
    And, honestly, I have no problem with you calling them how you see them. I do the same. The thing is, when I do it, I know what I'm talking about. I don't go calling people idiots when they say something smart. I call them idiots when they say something stupid. Somewhere between 40% and 60% of the political posts on this forum tend to fall into that category, and, frankly, I don't have time to rebuke all of them with a full and detailed analysis. Rather, I just call some of the particularly dumb (and demonstrative) ones out for their stupidity, generally with a quick argument that shows why. Sometimes I take the time to write out a full length, detailed response on some political or economic topics, and, if you were to read those posts of mine, you would know that I have a very strong control of the facts and theory, that I am by no means a partisan hack, and that, frankly put, I know what I'm talking about. I take independent analysis very seriously, I am not a registered member of any party, and never will be, I criticize Republicans and Democrats alike, and I take ridding myself of preconceived biases very seriously. I do, however, take stands, after I've evaluated an issue, and I do have strong opinions. That, however, does not make me close-minded, when I call someone out for their stupid, blatantly biased nonsense.

    Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    you did not happen to vote for bush 2x prior did you?
    Actually, no.

    I proudly avoided that mistake, as I did Obama.

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I don't really love Romney's politics, but my family has fairly close ties to his, and I do not think he is an evil person. It is like during election time, perfectly reasonable people become filled with hate toward people they have never even met.
    Thank you for that bit of refreshing common sense.

    I think people are absurd in their condemnations of either man as "evil".

    There are a lot of accounts out there about Mitt Romney actually being a very good man, and I think they're accurate.

    And I have no sense of unease saying that I likewise believe Obama is a good man, even though I disagree with some of what he's done.

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post


    Poor girl.

    Shit's even been tough on my psyche.

    I'm about as into politics as you can be, and last night, I finally said to myself, "I'm fuckin over this shit."

    Then again, here I am today, doing the same old shit... I just really hope this will all end on November 6th...

  4. #74
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Thank you for that bit of refreshing common sense.

    I think people are absurd in their condemnations of either man as "evil".

    There are a lot of accounts out there about Mitt Romney actually being a very good man, and I think they're accurate.

    And I have no sense of unease saying that I likewise believe Obama is a good man, even though I disagree with some of what he's done.
    Many sociopaths have hidden behind religion and fooled many people into believing they were "good".
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  5. #75
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Many sociopaths have hidden behind religion and fooled many people into believing they were "good".
    Fine, but that doesn't mean Mitt Romney has.

  6. #76
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Fine, but that doesn't mean Mitt Romney has.
    Romney has many sociopathic traits:
    -Grandiose sense of self
    -Pathological lying
    -Shallow emotions
    -Lack of empathy
    -Contemptuous of those who seek to understand him
    -Does not perceive that anything is wrong with him
    -Authoritarian
    -Secretive
    -Conventional appearance
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  7. #77
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Romney has many sociopathic traits:
    -Grandiose sense of self
    -Pathological lying
    -Shallow emotions
    -Lack of empathy
    -Contemptuous of those who seek to understand him
    -Does not perceive that anything is wrong with him
    -Authoritarian
    -Secretive
    -Conventional appearance
    You don't know that he has shallow emotions or a lack of empathy.

    And applying a list like that to someone you don't know isn't close to a credible diagnosis.

    Frankly, a good number of those traits could probably be applied to Obama, who some have labeled a narcissist using the same methodology.

  8. #78
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    I also heard Romney rapes women and forces them to keep the babies. He is a Republican I suppose, so it isn't very surprising.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #79
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    My parents belong to this group.
    I guess if we don't want Jesus to return AKA the nasty events in the Book of Revelation to occur, the easy answer is to not let the Israelis have their own country?

    Sigh. So crazy.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  10. #80
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I guess if we don't want Jesus to return AKA the nasty events in the Book of Revelation to occur, the easy answer is to not let the Israelis have their own country?

    Sigh. So crazy.
    Worst than crazy, it's bad hermeneutics.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 96
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 09:41 AM
  2. Is Mitt Romney a Klansman?
    By Beargryllz in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 12:57 PM
  3. [NF] NF Masquerade: What type would you want to be for a day and why?
    By Anew Leaf in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 01:51 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 05:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO