How about

This
    This
    This
    This
    This
    This
    This

Can I go on? Ohhh, can I say he "donated" $5000 to relief efforts in a photo-op? I mean, he already politicized it without even going there. I mean, in OHIO?

This isn't even near near NY or NJ, but OHIO? Campaigning and staging a relief effort.... in OHIO?

I can't stress that enough.
    Right, he already is being accused of politicizing the disaster. Perhaps rightfully so, but let's be honest he's in a catch-22 here. Either he's ignoring the disaster or politicizing it.
    How exactly is going to ny/nj better?

Edit: oh btw, fundraising for disaster victims typically occurs outside of disaster areas not in them so I don't understand what you're stressing about.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    FREE

I don't have anything against Governor Romney personally. He seems like an intelligent and well meaning man. However, I think as a consequence of some of the more extreme positions of the Republican party he has had to change his position on a lot of things, such as abortion and healthcare, to garner their support.

This is why I'm not voting for Governor Romney: I don't believe the invisible hand of economics and the free market necessarily produce what is best; I don't think an individual necessarily knows what's best for him/herself. I am pro abortion and population control. I hate religion, and unfortunately I am starting to develop a very visceral dislike for people who are religious. I am a proponent of science and philosophy; climate science isn't bunk. Unlike many people, I don't blame politicians for what's wrong with the country, I blame the citizens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Still, if the conservative media didn't have equal or even more power in our culture than the "liberal media" you're complaining about, this election would have been over long before now.

There's disagreement over what happened and I can't sift it out at the moment to determine what exactly is true despite reading various articles about it.
    That's more a function of general distrust of the media.

The point is not that the media is giving slanted coverage to a complex/factually indeterminate issue, its that they are giving it practically no coverage at all.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    That's more a function of general distrust of the media.

The point is not that the media is giving slanted coverage to a complex/factually indeterminate issue, its that they are giving it practically no coverage at all.

I believe the American majority viewed the event as an indeterminate act of war. Why endlessly debate something as chaotic in nature as battle? Decisions were made, and things happened. I suppose we all trust those in the know know, and will act accordingly in the future.

So yeah, basically: no one cares.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I already voted for Gary Johnson, whereas before I voted very little. I did vote for the first Bush, and went vote against the second one.

Scientific American has a somewhat interesting article comparing political leaders to psychopaths and serial killers.

Examples of Romney lying are easy. There are dozens of tapes where he adamantly held one position, and then reversed it. Which Romney do you believe? He changes his position frequently. Further, so many of his positions are opposed, where he cannot possibly do all of what he promised, since it is mathematically impossible.

Most recently he is shown in many instances calling for the abolition of FEMA, and now in the wake of Sandy, it is suddenly no longer his position.

He's flip flopped on abortion.

I've seen him flip flop within 20 seconds, during a primary debate when he was disavowing having scene certain tapes (or ads) concerning Gingrich, and then started describing exactly what was in the ads.

Another instance, he flip flopped within 45 seconds during a debate.

On Iran, he kept saying our military plans are in our hands, and then reversed his position during the third debate saying he wanted peace. In the third debate he praised Obama, whereas before he had criticized those same positions.

Also, the 47% comment, where he also goes on to say something like, "I don't intend to use Ann too frequently, so people don't get tired of her." Watch that whole video.

Then he had to make videos saying that his former 47% statements were false and not meant to be recorded, and that he really cares about all Americans.

Then in England, he offends everyone concerning comments about the Olympics. Prompting the Mayor of London, or someone, to go on their national TV saying something like..."We are organizing an olympics in the a busy city...it's certainly easier if you hold it in the middle of nowhere (Utah)."

In a debate, Romney says he will abolish the capitial gains tax, meaning he'd pay no taxes at all, whereas also saying he will not decrease the amount paid by the rich...just his own taxes will go to zero.

Then I saw a clip where he was so angry talking about his faith on a radio program or something that he could barely even get words out. He was practically livid with rage.

Then he inaccurately characterized what Obama said on Benghazi, since Obama did say, "acts of terror", and the debate moderator called him out for the lie.

Further, I drive around and see signs in front of business with a debunking of the "you didn't build that quote", which is an out of context quote. Obama was referring to roads and bridges...our infrastructure...provided by government investment, but Fox News removed an entire sentence from Obama's speech, and ran it all together. Thereafter, the Republicans turned it into catch phrases everywhere, made T-shirts and buttons, based on an out of context statement.

So the lies are everywhere, and the more Romney talks, the worse it gets. If he can't sit down with a radio host, and be civil, then how can Romney negotiate with world leaders?

And it's not just liberal media he's ignoring. He's turned down people on Fox News as well.

As i said, I voted Libertarian, and no matter how I vote it doesn't count since this is a very Red county, but if Romney gets elected it will be a horrible disaster. Just study his demeanor and how he changes his positions. It will be more wars, and bigger declines in civil liberties than the patriot act, and increased unemployment, I believe. Further, Romney can't even seem to represent us as tourist, much less a world leader.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I did too. I was even a member of my college's Young Republicans. I guess you could have called me a Goldwater Republican. But that guy would practically be a Democrat today. You say you "moved to the center". I prefer to say that I haven't moved away from the right. They moved away from me.
    I have said almost that exact thing, "I didn't leave the Republican party, it left me". I was raised Republican and my family is still voting that way, but they also live in Wyoming and Texas where they are likely only hearing one side.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I believe the American majority viewed the event as an indeterminate act of war. Why endlessly debate something as chaotic in nature as battle? Decisions were made, and things happened. I suppose we all trust those in the know know, and will act accordingly in the future.

So yeah, basically: no one cares.
    Many people do care to know if major mistakes were made, and whether there was an attempt to cover up said mistakes to avoid political fallout....I would also hazard to guess that more people care about the issue than ever cared about 'Big Bird' or 'binders full of women.'

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

We could always go back to "the good old days" under the Republicans, where there were lots of attacks as well.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...men-blast.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrori...tic_facilities

Also, not to mention, the worst attack on US soil in history...under Republican watch. (Actually, I'm not sure. Pearl was bad too.) Yet, Bush had warning of the threat in hand and did not stop it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    As i said, I voted Libertarian, and no matter how I vote it doesn't count since this is a very Red county, but if Romney gets elected it will be a horrible disaster. Just study his demeanor and how he changes his positions. It will be more wars, and bigger declines in civil liberties than the patriot act, and increased unemployment, I believe. Further, Romney can't even seem to represent us as tourist, much less a world leader.
    Nah, Romney will put Al Qaeda "on notice" and they'll be too afraid to attack the US anymore. He'll also fix China's currency manipulation by putting them "on notice" because being POTUS is the exact same as being a CEO where you can fire people who don't obey you.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Nah, Romney will put Al Qaeda "on notice" they'll be too afraid to attack the US anymore. He'll also fix China's currency manipulation by putting them "on notice", because being POTUS is the exact same as being a CEO where you can fire people who don't obey you.
    The funny thing about this is that Romney seemed to adopt positions Obama held, and praised him in at least three instances during the third debate which focused on foreign policy. Romney made an effort to appear more moderate. It seems you like the old Romney, or the Romney of the hour...choose your Romney...There is a fake Romney model for everyone. The media blackout is because if you take a position, then someone will disagree with you.

The thing about Benghazi is that information was given as it was received and the links I posted clearly indicate this type of thing occurred during Bush as well. But consider the topic of THIS THREAD, and imagine the incident occurred under Romney. I can easily imagine him not telling the public anything, ignoring reporter's questions, like a psychopath.

He does this ignoring during his campaign because when he does talk it is a mess. When he travels to other countries, it is a mess.

The New Jersey governor is praising Obama's efforts now, whereas Romney was for abolishing FEMA and turning it over entirely to private entities and states. It's not that I disagree, but that Romney disagrees with himself.

43% of spending is on the credit card. Please tell me how Romney is going to reduce that? He's not said he'd cut any major program that represents a major voting block, and he's now reversed his position on FEMA I believe. Not sure, since he seems to be for and against everything.

He is brazenly insensitive to ordinary citizen, and a bold-face liar.

And if he's going to be so tough on China, then why did Bain ship jobs over there? Bain Captial increased profits by eliminating American jobs.

Further, Gary Johnson had jobs growth of 11.6%.