User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    First of all, the "media" is not a person, it is a collection of various organizations of varying sizes and persuasions, and it includes both liberal and conservative entities. In fact, the conservatives have a few really big dogs in the ring that have helped obfuscate Romney's lack of having any sort of a plan whatsoever to accomplish his goals, and they've also spun the idea that obama is a "spender" even if spending on his watch has gone up the least of all presidents since (and including) Reagan.

So yes, there are liberal elements as well as conservative elements. It also isn't the "liberal" side's fault that the industry pays pretty crappy, so typically you only go into media if you give a darn about human beings and human interest stories... which typically ends up reflecting a more liberal mindset. Still, if the conservative media didn't have equal or even more power in our culture than the "liberal media" you're complaining about, this election would have been over long before now.

I never said anything about the "liberal" media and specifically tried to make my complaints unpartisan by complaining about the way the media HELPED Bush. My problem isn't that they're liberal or conservative, but rather that they're more interested in doing infotainment rather than doing hard hitting journalism.

There's disagreement over what happened and I can't sift it out at the moment to determine what exactly is true despite reading various articles about it.

The only thing I see is Obama and Chris Christie actually working together to accomplish stuff in the Sandy-torn Northeast as if an election isn't even going on, while Romney heads to Ohio to collect canned goods in order to get photo ops in a swing state where only about 150,000 lost power but millions were still out of power in NYC and NJ. That's not even a distortion, it's raw coverage. What else really needs to be said? When disaster strikes, American people should be able to see who has their back, and who meanwhile doesn't even have a clue. (And the Republican election team is actually expressing themselves in way that indicate buyer's remorse that Romney chose Ryan instead of Christie. Again, they're just thinking about winning.) We're seeing who is bipartisan and who is not.

I'm just kind of surprised at the things you pick to focus on (where the facts aren't even clear), when meanwhile very broad obvious stuff is happening right here in front of us that clearly indicates character and it's being blatantly overlooked.
    Because good juornalists aren't supposed to be engaged in the obvious stuff. We need them to monitor humongous centers of power in our country and to do that they need to hold leaders' feet to the fire when their is a lack of clarity. It's been 2 months! Why the hell is it not clear what happened? It's not clear because clarity would not help the president's election campaign in the same way that clarity from Romney would damage his chances. I'm not being partisan here. I want the media to give me the hard hitting facts that involve national security comparatively I don't give a shit about some little girl's hamster surviving Sandy. If Romney's elected they better hit him hard.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Jesus Christ... some of you people are so fucking blindly biased it's insane...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    This is not normal. The reasons:

1. Mitt Romney lies. A lot.
    if you could supply me with a few examples... i'm not especially educated, but i have followed things more closely than usual, and haven't found an example of an outright lie on his part yet.
    He's kind of clever in that he's discovered the media won't call out candidates on lies and has decided to roll the dice on this matter with great success.
    this is completely false, unless you're talking about democratic candidates.

of this, i have plenty of proof.
    [e.g. candy crowly in the final debate, where she not only didn't call the democrat candidate out, but tried to make it appear as though the republican was the liar, regarding the president's comments in the rose garden over the benghazi scandal]

2. Mitt Romney knows that if he were to articulate his positions (not convictions, as he seemingly has none), he would lose a lot of the Romney voters who currently do not realize that he has contempt for them and little regard for their intelligence. He's managed to pull even in the polls, and his best move is to be quiet and wait for election day.
    as far as i can tell, romney doesn't have convictions or positions. he is running completely on the concept that obama sucks, which is true.

his campaign relies entirely on the following concepts:
    1. the current environment is hostile - 0% chance for improvement
    2-a. i don't know what lies behind door #2
    2-b. door #2 could be worse, but equally could be better - 50% chance for improvement

the only clever thing romney has done is to figure out that he doesn't need positions to win the election. obama has literally handed this strategy over to him with his horrible performance as president.

and to be honest, i'm not convinced that romney even did the figuring on that.
    we fukin won boys

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I suppose if you already know his position and what he stands for you don't much have to.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Wrong.

If you knew a fucking thing about me, you'd know that is utter bullshit.

EDIT: Also, just ftr, I don't consider @EffEmDoubleyou or @Lateralus unreasonable people, particularly wrt politics.

I disagree with their assessments here, but understand why they have them.

MBTI
    INtP

If you knew a fucking thing about me, you'd know that is utter bullshit.
    Well, you're right that I know very little about you... but based on what I've seen with regard to your participation in these political discussions, you certainly don't strike me as open-minded. Your participation generally seems focused on calling other people (both forum members and in references to external sources of data) stupid. Just calling them as I see them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

I actually think this should disqualify him. There should be a rule.

I also think the networks should say "If you don't give us time, we don't give you time." and pull all coverage of him and all ads. Make him disappear if he doesn't want to answer some questions.

A candidate shouldn't get to have that kind of privacy where they only talk about what they want and when they want. That makes it way too easy to spin things.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

What a joke.

Again, your political analysis sucks.

What the fuck powers did you expect Romney to use?

His magical Department of Republican Candidate for President?

I'm not even gunna finish with the rest of it; it's all so dumb, there's clearly no helping you, and I've got other stuff to do.
    it was mentioned in the news the donations that were being made, were delivered just to the swing states that still yet had to decide on obama or mittens.

good leader should be able to place their own personal agenda aside for the well being of the people whom they govern over and obama and chris done that, mittens wasn`t able to.

you did not happen to vote for bush 2x prior did you?

I don't really love Romney's politics, but my family has fairly close ties to his, and I do not think he is an evil person. It is like during election time, perfectly reasonable people become filled with hate toward people they have never even met.

What a joke.

Again, your political analysis sucks.

What the fuck powers did you expect Romney to use?

His magical Department of Republican Candidate for President?

I'm not even gunna finish with the rest of it; it's all so dumb, there's clearly no helping you, and I've got other stuff to do.
    Exactly. I can't believe people are complaining about this. If Romney had gone he would have been accused of politicizing a disaster.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Exactly. I can't believe people are complaining about this. If Romney had gone he would have been accused of politicizing a disaster.
    How about

This
    This
    This
    This
    This
    This
    This

Can I go on? Ohhh, can I say he "donated" $5000 to relief efforts in a photo-op? I mean, he already politicized it without even going there. I mean, in OHIO?

This isn't even near near NY or NJ, but OHIO? Campaigning and staging a relief effort.... in OHIO?

I can't stress that enough.