User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I know Republicans don't care much for at the moment, but you should read the article.
    No, I don't care for political statistical "facts."

"There are lies, damn lies, and then are statistics." - Mark Twain
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post

Indeed.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

and books with the same title
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The media is totally in the corner of Obama much like they were in the corner of Bush after 9/11.
    First of all, the "media" is not a person, it is a collection of various organizations of varying sizes and persuasions, and it includes both liberal and conservative entities. In fact, the conservatives have a few really big dogs in the ring that have helped obfuscate Romney's lack of having any sort of a plan whatsoever to accomplish his goals, and they've also spun the idea that obama is a "spender" even if spending on his watch has gone up the least of all presidents since (and including) Reagan.

So yes, there are liberal elements as well as conservative elements. It also isn't the "liberal" side's fault that the industry pays pretty crappy, so typically you only go into media if you give a darn about human beings and human interest stories... which typically ends up reflecting a more liberal mindset. Still, if the conservative media didn't have equal or even more power in our culture than the "liberal media" you're complaining about, this election would have been over long before now.

Their coverage (or lack there of) of the Benghazi attack has been ridiculous. On last night's CBS evening news (hardly the most liberal news show) they made a big deal about the CIA being quick to respond to the attack only making a short addendum at the end of the report mentioning that the troops were turned back. I'm not sure any of them have given time to the brave SEAL who went against orders to turn back and died trying to help the embassy. That SEAL's father was promised by Hillary that she would get revenge on the makers of the offensive video.
    There's disagreement over what happened and I can't sift it out at the moment to determine what exactly is true despite reading various articles about it.

The only thing I see is Obama and Chris Christie actually working together to accomplish stuff in the Sandy-torn Northeast as if an election isn't even going on, while Romney heads to Ohio to collect canned goods in order to get photo ops in a swing state where only about 150,000 lost power but millions were still out of power in NYC and NJ. That's not even a distortion, it's raw coverage. What else really needs to be said? When disaster strikes, American people should be able to see who has their back, and who meanwhile doesn't even have a clue. (And the Republican election team is actually expressing themselves in way that indicate buyer's remorse that Romney chose Ryan instead of Christie. Again, they're just thinking about winning.) We're seeing who is bipartisan and who is not.

I'm just kind of surprised at the things you pick to focus on (where the facts aren't even clear), when meanwhile very broad obvious stuff is happening right here in front of us that clearly indicates character and it's being blatantly overlooked.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I, nearly by rule, don't read articles from retarded websites like that.

Don't care if it's right-leaning or left-leaning, it's always garbage.

And since when was Schwarzenegger a cowboy?!?

Is there some other Schwarzenegger I don't know about???

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

If there were actually a significant liberal media bias, wouldn't it be a lot harder to find people in the media decrying the liberal media bias?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I, nearly by rule, don't read articles from retarded websites like that.

Don't care if it's right-leaning or left-leaning, it's always garbage.

And since when was Schwarzenegger a cowboy?!?

Is there some other Schwarzenegger I don't know about???

Okay, you don't have to. Let's start the conversation now: Mitt Romney has not answered a question from any source of media in twenty three days. How do you feel about this?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The only thing I see is Obama and Chris Christie actually working together to accomplish stuff in the Sandy-torn Northeast as if an election isn't even going on, while Romney heads to Ohio to collect canned goods in order to get photo ops in a swing state where only about 150,000 lost power but millions were still out of power in NYC and NJ. That's not even a distortion, it's raw coverage. What else really needs to be said? When disaster strikes, American people should be able to see who has their back, and who meanwhile doesn't even have a clue.

What a joke.

Again, your political analysis sucks.

What the fuck powers did you expect Romney to use?

His magical Department of Republican Candidate for President?

Jesus Christ... some of you people are so fucking blindly biased it's insane...

I'm not even gunna finish with the rest of it; it's all so dumb, there's clearly no helping you, and I've got other stuff to do.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Okay, you don't have to. Let's start the conversation now: Mitt Romney has not answered a question from any source of media in twenty three days. How do you feel about this?
    I really don't care.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I really don't care.

I suppose if you already know his position and what he stands for you don't much have to.