User Tag List

First 91011

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    You're talking about Rand Paul?

Yeah, I guess you could throw him in there with Ryan and Christie.

I watched his speech from the convention, though; I don't really think he's got it.
    No, he's not very charismatic, but he has a mild, common sense, country gentleman temperament that might contrast well with Christie's more bombastic nature. I'm not sure that's always going to work in Christie's favor especially when he takes the lead and has 5 people ganging up on him in debates.

We shall see. All in all I think 2016 will be much better for the Republicans and hopefully much less embarrassing.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think publicity (money) is about that's needed to have a Libertarian ascendency, or just allowing them into the debate would probably be enough. Many people are not even aware Gary Johnson is running, much less what he stands for.

If people knew his jobs growth, and standing on some issues, then probably a lot more would vote for him.

One thing, they elected Bush twice. Sadly. And some of that was moralist views, including gay marriage.

Nowadays some churches are racist, but most are tolerant or accepting of mix marriages, etc. Gay marriage will probably go the same route.

I know one Christian well. He left a more tolerant liberal church for a church with more apocalyptic preaching. He also believes Jesus will return in a specific decade. He sees this as a vast battle between good and evil, with Obama on the same side with the Muslims in a holy war that will occur in the middle east. He also listens to the dudes: Rush, Hannity, Beck, ...

But I think they are focusing on the wrong issues. We need to cut spending right now, not some vague future. The dollar is in a risky position where it may loose 9/10 of it's value, and the Republicans are not actually fiscally conservative. I don't understand why anyone thinks they are. The debt is the biggest issue, i think, facing this nation and whatever party emerges or survives will advocate cutting the deficit and balancing the budget for real...not a fake promise.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

As many of the Republican candidates have spoken of rape, saying that the rape is something God wished to happen...to produce a child...it's probably better if they all shut up.

A Harvard MD friend says that pregnancy from rape is even more likely because the trauma can force ovulation, contrary to the Republican view that pregnancy is unlikely if the rape is legitimate.

The Republican party needs to die. Even after such statements, candidates did not loose Romney's endorsement. Think about that! No wonder there is a media blackout.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    EDIT: then again, I've been calling for the libertarians as a third party for a long time now...
    I would like more options than Republican or Democrat.