User Tag List

View Poll Results: Non-Americans, who would you vote for?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Romney

1 3.23%
  • Obama

30 96.77%
12311 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Non-Americans, who would YOU vote for?

If you had to choose, would you vote for Romney or Obama? No reason required, but feel free to expound.

your resident asshole

This could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    This could be interesting.
    Hardly. Obama will win.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Hardly. Obama will win.
    Pretty much. He has, what, a 72% or more world approval rating? That's solidly fresh on the Rotten Tomatoes scoring chart.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

More than telling you who I'd vote for, my interest in this thread is to say that I sincerely think all people on Earth should have the right to vote for these elections, since the result of the elections is something that influences ALL OF US. Since the US is an empire, rules the entire world, and its decisions on foreign policy determine the faith of us all.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Wow.

I would beg to differ on that, until you start living in our economy directly, have to pay our taxes, have to deal with our civil rights issues, have to live under our health care system, and whatever else you happen to be ignoring in your particular statement.

(I mean, I understand what your'e saying in that no country is isolated any more and the US has its hand in many different pies, but you do not live directly within its jurisidiction. Would you want the US voting on who your political leaders should be?)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    Since the US is an empire, rules the entire world, and its decisions on foreign policy determine the faith of us all.
    Pfft. US only thinks it rules the world. It's a has-been, also-ran. Much like Romney.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I don't know much about Romney, but I wouldn't trust a person who's against gay marriage, so I'd choose Obama.

Yeah, that's my logic, so what.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I don't know much about Romney, but I wouldn't trust a person who's against gay marriage, so I'd choose Obama.

Yeah, that's my logic, so what.
    Anyone who is a fan of people's rights is good with me.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Hardly. Obama will win.
    For sure. Not to polarise the thread, the general consensus is that Americans are insane for having a major contendor like the republican party, never mind voting for it almost equally.

Individual countries, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I would beg to differ on that, until you start living in our economy directly, have to pay our taxes, have to deal with our civil rights issues, have to live under our health care system, and whatever else you happen to be ignoring in your particular statement.
    Well, I think it goes both ways; don't want others to care about your politics, don't do things like attack, socially engineer revolts and otherwise deeply interfere with other countries.

I'll use a pretty harsh, but strangely telling (in terms of outside perception), analogy. The house next door to you has an abusive spouse*, but when anyone interferes, both spouses say to leave them alone. No one likes it, but it's the way it is. But things escalate, and now they are throwing things and breaking other people's windows. Saying "leave us alone" doesn't mean nearly so much. This isn't a small social cost, it's a direct and physical impact.

* Using abuse may seem hyperbolic, but I would say it understates the moral underpinings. The health care system, for instance, causes deaths. I would outright say it is an immoral system, one in which people are trapped without recourse in your system (given low income mobility, etc.) I'd go as far as to say that "classism" in the US borders on nearly equivalent abuse.

I don't feel as strongly (I stand behind what I said but the depth of my feelings on it is pretty shallow) as what I say above, but it may help get a feel of external perception.