User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned

Default I'm going to be honest; I really hope Obama loses.

And it has nothing to do with his politics. I think he's doing fine...

It's just that he is fast becoming a huge 'mental block' in my mind. I'm not sure I could last another four years with him...

I realize nobody (or maybe, very few) will be able to relate. The honest truth is that I feel like he stole my life. Growing up, I had dreams of accomplishing similar things to what he has accomplished...I actually had set it up pretty nicely imo...

Only to turn 18 and realize a guy had just done what I was going to try to do...(though differently)..

It's like I was born 20 years too late.

And it's like, now what? What do I do?

And obviously, in my mind, he's now a standard I have to beat...which is pretty much impossible at this point...depending on what is being measured, at least..

Regardless, I have my work cut out for me...

And it's like I have very little say so in my life anymore...any and all opportunities, I must take, just for my own sake.

(Though no matter what family remains my biggest priority..)

Obviously, these types of thoughts are irrational...but who ever said I had to be rational?

So, yeah, he's like a huge monkey on my back...which is insane...but that's what it's like for me. And how many people know what it's like to have the leader of the effing free world be a 'monkey on your back'?

I wonder if the feeling is even understandable?

I wish I were a bit older, I think it's unfortunate that his presidency is happening through a very formative block of my life, I could have dealt with it better if I were a bit older. As it is, I've made so many personal mistakes in my life...

I mean, it's like, no matter what I'll do, it'll be like...'yeah, but someone already did it better'...the converse being, if that doesn't happen, then you know I did something huge...

It's like I'm a redundant human being...and my life's purpose is to prove to myself, and others, that that isn't the case.

Not to mention the whole anti christ thing...just imagine the possible conclusions I'd have to have considered? It's ridiculous that I've been put in this position...even though it's all in my head...but, really, how could I not at least think about it? I was a stupid teenager, I am a stupid young adult, I have no idea of the nature of anything...and it's traditionally the time people start thinking about such things, critically at least, anyway...

Another part of me just wants to move away and never come back...but I can't rationally justify that...

So, the sooner he isn't around anymore, the sooner I can forget he ever existed and the sooner I can go ahead and start living my life...and the better I'll be, cognitively, I mean..

Because, I've been struggling a bit in that sense..

(Redundant as my life may end up being, I have to try at least...otherwise I might as well not have existed..)

And I have no idea how the heck I'll ever do anything that is even close to comparable...

And if he does win another four years, that's four years where I'll just be watching my would be life being lived (though that's an arrogant assumption)...a waste of four years of my life, before, I guess, I get to put up a response that'll be extremely weak in comparison, inevitably, because, really, who the hell am I?

So, yeah, just my thoughts this morning...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

So you want him to lose, because you feel like he is accomplishing your vision in lieu of you getting to do it? Just seeing if I'm getting this right...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Are you still voting for him or an opponent because of these feelings you have?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

your resident asshole

I'm not sure I know how to respond to this...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Btw, I think you are a nice example of how an unhealthy En 3 looks like:

Level 7: Fearing failure and humiliation, they can be exploitative and opportunistic, covetous of the success of others, and willing to do "whatever it takes" to preserve the illusion of their superiority.
    http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/ty...p#.UJLNQ8X7InE

Needless to say, that attitude is pretty pathetic.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Attached Images Attached Images
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I hope he wins. Romney from what I understand, is going to cut too many programs for the poor. I need those programs

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

What about taking a different angle than Obama and making an impact that way?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post