User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I empathize with feeling like you're in someone's shadow / feeling like they jumped the gun with your ideas. I do find it surprising that your target of envy is Obama, though. He's so... distant to me. I usually get that feeling only with people I know quite well in my life. Obama's whole person and story to me is too removed to really feel like I can analyze it in direct comparison with myself.

That said -

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    So, the sooner he isn't around anymore, the sooner I can forget he ever existed and the sooner I can go ahead and start living my life...and the better I'll be, cognitively, I mean..
    I think this is a false perception. The root cause of this feeling isn't Obama; it's your belief that another person has the ability to hamper your life success. If you believe this now, there's no reason why, even if Obama's gone, you won't believe it again with someone else, because that root belief is still within you. You have to destroy that conception from within or the problem will continue propagating itself. Whether or not Obama is around will have little more than transient impact on that feeling.

MBTI
    INFP

If Romney wins that's twice as many people you have to be jealous of for becoming president of the US recently. Surely that's worse?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    Who the hell am I?

First: There's not a finite amount of awesomeness to be had in this world.

Second: you probably have self-worth issues if you're simultaneously thinking you're an equal to Obama while expressing serious discontent with your life. I suspect you're doing sort of a counter-phobic response: you're terrified you're actually worthless, but there's a corner of your heart that knows you're lovable and worth something, but yet you're feeling really crappy, so you are counter-phobically cogitating.

My first-guess strategy is to put some people in your life who see you right where you are today and feel you're worthwhile and lovable.

Unless you're still in an "I'm legit better than everyone else" stage in which case momentarily GTFO, then come back when life kicks you in the nuts and I'll offer a .
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

@xisnotx

I don't see this great envy that you are implying.

In fact, I admire that Obama was able to become President.

It is not the end, just the means to a beginning.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I'm not sure what you're talking about in the OP but I definitely hope he loses.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    If Romney wins that's twice as many people you have to be jealous of for becoming president of the US recently. Surely that's worse?
    Romney wasn't born to a Kenyan father and an American mother...he's not biracial...he didn't grow up (partly) in a third world country...his father didn't leave him and his family (assumedly, actually don't know about that...)

Hell, I'm pretty sure his mom and my mom went to the same college. Lol, small world...(I stopped paying attention...)

Right around my age, I'm thinking, Obama went back to his African home to visit his relatives.

And I'm getting pressured to do the same thing. But, how can you say no to it? It's family, after all..

It's just disgusting at times.

And then what?

You see what I mean?

Just wish the guy didn't exist.

Glad it's all in my head though...

His father's tribe is just about to take power in Kenya, as well. Wonder how that'll go...last time they weren't succesful and there was bloodshed.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post

First: There's not a finite amount of awesomeness to be had in this world.

Second: you probably have self-worth issues if you're simultaneously thinking you're an equal to Obama while expressing serious discontent with your life. I suspect you're doing sort of a counter-phobic response: you're terrified you're actually worthless, but there's a corner of your heart that knows you're lovable and worth something, but yet you're feeling really crappy, so you are counter-phobically cogitating.

My first-guess strategy is to put some people in your life who see you right where you are today and feel you're worthwhile and lovable.

Unless you're still in an "I'm legit better than everyone else" stage in which case momentarily GTFO, then come back when life kicks you in the nuts and I'll offer a .
    Wise words as usual.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Permabanned

Also, I know I'm being way past 'retarded'...but at least when it's out there it's a lot easier for me to realize the depths of my retardation.

And also, it absolves me of any responsibility should the worse come to pass...

I think it's the last I'll speak of it...at least until the election...and for the next four years...because he'll obviously win at this point. But, and I want this in the record, not because of me.

Lol, life's good.

Dunno what I'll do for the next four years though...

And, good luck to everyone. Hopefully you don't need it. Hopefully I am crazy. Or just an anomoly...a coincidence...a happenstance in 'time'...whatever that means...

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I'm not sure what you're talking about in the OP but I definitely hope he loses.
    Revokes doppleganger comment. Republicans are nothing close to rational.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    no he's not.
    and no you don't.

if that's really the impression you've gotten, you should probably investigate your sources more thoroughly.
    Romney is full of shit. You can't trust a damn word he says.