User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Not that I agree with your interpretation, but, if you want to play it that way: do you remember Obama doing the same last election cycle?

Seeing as I was 13, no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

"I don't wear a toupee!" Donald Trump

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by mooseantlers View Post
    Seeing as I was 13, no.
    Well, he did.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=obama+guns+and+religion

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I already voted for Romney (even though I am dismayed that he did not tour the east coast areas hit by Sandy).

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    It's so telling that progressives speak in terms of forward and backward instead of right and wrong.
    Is that a quote from a fascist dictator, or your own words? Just checking.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    In all seriousness, can you tell me why you think Obama will do a better job than Romney? I mean without the one liners or quips. What is your reasoning?
    If I want to use one-liners or quips in my posts, I will. The bottom line for me is— I don't trust anything that comes out of Romney's mouth. It's that simple.
    Frankly, I don't support Romney's or Obama's policies enough to vote for either one.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm not a single issue voter but I'm pro-life. I'm voting for Obama because, to me, he's the pro-life candidate. If I'm not mistaken, the Affordable Care Act includes provisions that improve access to contraceptives, which appears to reduce abortion rates. I also believe his support of social programs help couples with unplanned pregnancies, making carrying a child to term more feasible.

I don't favor the reversal of Roe v. Wade, but I do not believe there is any danger of that happening, regardless of who is in the White House. If that was going to happen, it would have happened in the eighties or nineties. The GOP has no interest in making abortion illegal. They do not really want poor people having babies, at least not as long as they have access to undocumented labor.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    His legislative record speaks for itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    This.
    That does not conclude anything.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'm not a single issue voter but I'm pro-life. I'm voting for Obama because, to me, he's the pro-life candidate. If I'm not mistaken, the Affordable Care Act includes provisions that improve access to contraceptives, which appears to reduce abortion rates. I also believe his support of social programs help couples with unplanned pregnancies, making carrying a child to term more feasible.

I don't favor the reversal of Roe v. Wade, but I do not believe there is any danger of that happening, regardless of who is in the White House. If that was going to happen, it would have happened in the eighties or nineties. The GOP has no interest in making abortion illegal. They do not really want poor people having babies, at least not as long as they have access to undocumented labor.
    What do you think is up with the rallying around that issue and the dismissive talk about rape victims by half a dozen of them? It seems like those statements couldn't possibly rally support for those politicians without the underlying motivation of the abortion issue. The statements are just so extreme by many of them. Maybe they are just revealing a deep misogyny for no political reason?

I am pretty cynical about both corporate backed parties and wish the U.S. could go directly to a four party system an eliminate the whole "corporations are people" which sold our individual freedoms up the creek. I'm mostly "democrat" because their social positions are less extreme and actually more moderate, even conservative in the big picture. Also, with a marketing strategy of caring for the working class, they have to do at least a little of that to keep up appearances, but the Republicans lack that and market on religious extremism and being "mavericks", non of which are actually conservative mindsets.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Your analysis is correct, and reveals just how hypocritical many so-called "pro-lifers" are by opposing the very measures that have been shown to reduce abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I am pretty cynical about both corporate backed parties and wish the U.S. could go directly to a four party system an eliminate the whole "corporations are people" which sold our individual freedoms up the creek. I'm mostly "democrat" because their social positions are less extreme and actually more moderate, even conservative in the big picture. Also, with a marketing strategy of caring for the working class, they have to do at least a little of that to keep up appearances, but the Republicans lack that and market on religious extremism and being "mavericks", non of which are actually conservative mindsets.
    You are right about the Citizens United decision. Speech by this measure is not free, but available to the highest bidder. I, too, tend to vote for democrats for similar reasons. The republicans have been hijacked by the religious fundamentalists. Moreover, as someone else pointed out, when the wealthy pay less tax, either those earning less money must make up the shortfall, or suffer the repercussions of program cuts. It may simply be the lesser of two evils, but I see no benefit in voting for the greater one. I agree we would do better with more viable parties, or even a parliamentary system.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    That does not conclude anything.
    That's the most conclusive piece of data you have.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

My only question is how long have they been grooming him?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com