User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

A window to the soul

I see I've still got the magic touch; good times.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

nah. i leaning dem, if i was going to vote for republican, it would be for chris christie. i like how pushed the bull shit aside an thanked obama, hopefully he can keep that way

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I see I've still got the magic touch; good times.
    I think we'll just call it "that Texas touch" for now.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    What do you think is up with the rallying around that issue and the dismissive talk about rape victims by half a dozen of them? It seems like those statements couldn't possibly rally support for those politicians without the underlying motivation of the abortion issue. The statements are just so extreme by many of them. Maybe they are just revealing a deep misogyny for no political reason?
    I think it's a combination of having painted themselves into a philosophical corner and slut shaming.

If you oppose abortion because life begins at conception and believe people should have full rights at that time, you can really only make an exception for self-defense (life of the mother). It's not the baby's fault his or her dad was a dirty rotten rapist, after all. The victim may have to suffer, but it's for a good cause, so it's acceptable.

Divide and conquer dehumanization seems to have been an effective strategy for gaining political power. If you make people feel like those 'other women' are bad and deserve what happens to them, you don't have to protect them. You don't have to help them. You don't have to feel like you could ever have something like that happen to you, because you aren't a bad person or a slut.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I can be honest when I try. Deep down, I am prejudice.
    I'm pretty sure everyone already knew this.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    If you oppose abortion because life begins at conception and believe people should have full rights at that time, you can really only make an exception for self-defense (life of the mother). It's not the baby's fault his or her dad was a dirty rotten rapist, after all. The victim may have to suffer, but it's for a good cause, so it's acceptable.
    I agree that with those premises, they don't really have the option to veer away from that if they wish to remain rationally consistent. The rape is an evil act; killing the child (which they consider it to be, and an innocent) would be an additional evil to them, so why complicate one evil by adding another one?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

If you vote for Romney, the gas prices will go back to $2 a gallon.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

move over third world countries, you have some competition coming your way!!! whats your obsession with me? i was never 2 dollers!!!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Do you actually have any recollection of her poster history, or should I not be taking you seriously either?
    no. but, if she has a history of such comments, why would you expect anything new?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    First off, I don't think she's an ENTP.

Second, I didn't necessarily take her seriously.

Third, considering what I have seen of her, it did seem at least plausible.

Fourth, if that is a plausible position for you, you're not someone who should be joking about it.
    either way, i dont take stupidity seriously. it seems like an exercise in futility.

especially when it seems like the community has already responded accordingly to her behavior.
    Oh, its
    You

A window to the soul

Hate me for all that I am. Do it. Because I don't want y'all to love me for something I am not. What I am not is free of human nature, which includes prejudices. I'm not proud of my human nature. I praise God for his love that sets me free from the horrible person I really am.

And the shows over, folks. It's all been done before. Yawns. Go home.