User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Thread: storm thread

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

"People who (allegedly) broke into a NYC subway station (3 train/148th St) and what they found."

"Flooded 86th Street Subway Station."

“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

NYU Hospital had to be evacuated last night when backup generators failed: http://observer.com/2012/10/nyu-hosp...ackup-failure/

The evacuation route:
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

FDR Highway is now.... FDR river.

Underground parking lot filled:

Lake Erie as seen from Cleveland:

~

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Please everyone be careful about going out in high winds - I think the biggest danger to life and limb is flying debris. Hope you're all doing ok.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ

Feeling the wind here but luckily not the water. Power went out about 10 times today.

That's some crazy flooding there, @Patches
    I heard that somebody actually saw a shark swimming down the street.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

~

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Explosion at ConEd plant in Manhattan: (an electrical transformer exploded. Look how many lights go out after the explosion)

Front of building knocked off BY THE WIND:

~

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Winds have died down considerably, no damage I can see so far... power barely flickered!
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

...And all this time we thought California would be part of the ocean first...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah, it's the next morning, and I still have electricity, and I still have Internet.

And that car is still smashed as flat as a bug out in the parking area. I saw people looking at it this morning. It has MA plates on it; I hope it wasn't someone just visiting for a few days, because they have no way to get home. My car looks to be fine, aside from having some leaves and pine needles stuck to it.

But I did find the leak in my apartment. It leaked a little a few weeks back during a bad rainstorm. I ended up having to put the recycling bin under it this time because it filled up two bowls before bedtime. I also need to dry out my rug.

EDIT: Turns out the car belonged to the Asian guy upstairs, guess he never changed his plates. He was pretty sad, since it was an older car and the frame is bent, so it's totaled I think. He said he liked the car and didn't want a new one; I'm just glad he wasn't sitting in his front seat when the tree fell.

----

Wow, that's a whole lot of play/spray for Lake Erie -- it gets tides and waves, but that level of air on the spray? Yeeesh.

And it's really weird seeing the "Bob for Autos" game being played with the underground parking lot.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft