Thread: storm thread

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    Yeah, it's probably a lie. Scroll down to #5 on this list.
    Those bastards!!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Stood out on the porch for a while. It's still pretty quiet here.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    Stood out on the porch for a while. It's still pretty quiet here.
    You scared it away.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Those bastards!!
    i still like to think its true. idk, i would check a government website or whatever site is run by the people who actually work at the tomb, but im too lazy to find it

also, was supposed to be 70mph winds for my area but now they say it'll be 35-50mph. storm shifting or something, im only half paying attention to my radio
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

Those bastards!!
    While that picture was a lie, they are still guarding it in this picture from today.

Cue re-emergence of warm fuzzy feelings.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I think the response to the approaching hurricane has been different this time to when Bush was in office.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Holy shite, you guys will love THIS.

I just joked to my mom last night (sardonically) about knowing my crappy luck and financial woes recently, my car would have a tree fall on it tonight.

Well, I had my car out back, and since the property is surrounded by trees, this afternoon I went out in the rain and moved my car back as close to the building as possible. I just didn't feel comfortable with it over there and decided it was safer next to the building. My car might STILL get squished, but basically a tree will need to take out the entire end of the building to get me (which it still might do, sigh, but...!)

I was about to go outside at 8:30 to survey the storm, but after putting my coat and shoes on, I decided to toss a half-bagel in the toaster. If I hadn't, I would have seen the tree come down.... and might have even been under it for all I know. (probably not, but definitely within about 20 feet of impact... yeeesh). As I was standing at the toaster, there was this HORRIBLE crash like someone had just tossed a large piece of glass off the top of the building onto concrete. Then, nothing.

I walked outside and was just dumbfounded. I took a picture of what I saw, when I turned on my car's high beams.

I had been parked a little to the left of the guy before I moved my car. As it was, there were shattered 4" diameter branches lying a foot away from my front bumper. his car would have carried the brunt, but I definitely would have taken a major smack from the top part of the tree and suffered some damage.

I hope we make it through this storm! I feel like crap for the guy with the car, though. I've barely seen that car there since I've lived here, and now it is smashed flat like a pancake. It was also a long tree -- the guy wasn't even NEAR the tree, I think the base is about 20-25' to the right of his car.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Holy shit.

Glad you weren't hurt.

I went and moved my car as far away from trees as I could get it, but I'm kind of in the middle of the woods.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Damn! That sucks!

...um, cool picture tho...

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Holy shite, you guys will love THIS.

I just joked to my mom last night (sardonically) about knowing my crappy luck and financial woes recently, my car would have a tree fall on it tonight.

Well, I had my car out back, and since the property is surrounded by trees, this afternoon I went out in the rain and moved my car back as close to the building as possible. I just didn't feel comfortable with it over there and decided it was safer next to the building. My car might STILL get squished, but basically a tree will need to take out the entire end of the building to get me (which it still might do, sigh, but...!)

I was about to go outside at 8:30 to survey the storm, but after putting my coat and shoes on, I decided to toss a half-bagel in the toaster. If I hadn't, I would have seen the tree come down.... and might have even been under it for all I know. (probably not, but definitely within about 20 feet of impact... yeeesh). As I was standing at the toaster, there was this HORRIBLE crash like someone had just tossed a large piece of glass off the top of the building onto concrete. Then, nothing.

I walked outside and was just dumbfounded. I took a picture of what I saw, when I turned on my car's high beams.

I had been parked a little to the left of the guy before I moved my car. As it was, there were shattered 4" diameter branches lying a foot away from my front bumper. his car would have carried the brunt, but I definitely would have taken a major smack from the top part of the tree and suffered some damage.

I hope we make it through this storm! I feel like crap for the guy with the car, though. I've barely seen that car there since I've lived here, and now it is smashed flat like a pancake. It was also a long tree -- the guy wasn't even NEAR the tree, I think the base is about 20-25' to the right of his car.
    Oh my gosh! That's amazing. Good that you moved it in time. I call it intuition and the unconscious reading energy patterns to have a picture of the future and act accordingly- you can call it what you wish.

No storm yet here, although schools are already closing. I made sure to get my winter clothes from Grandma's attic today.