First 45678 Last

Thread: storm thread

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Outside our sun room at 2 p.m.

Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

And again just a few minutes ago:

Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

*tree falls* the exciting stuff begins...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Odd statement when it hasn't even come on-shore yet.
    Yes, I'm holding off until it actually makes landfall. Although the shoreline in NJ has been a bitch -- I saw pictures of commercial avenues already flooded with feet of water, earlier in the day, as well as residential neighborhoods.

Quote Originally Posted by acronach View Post
    *tree falls* the exciting stuff begins...
    Good for you! ... I, uh, think.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Quote Originally Posted by acronach View Post
    also, i saw on facebook that the tomb of the unknown soldier guards are still standing out there through this 0.0 if its true, those guys are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah. I'm not a traditionalist or overly patriotic in terms of my overall personality, but that kind of thing to me is very awe-inspiring and meaningful to me... the sense of responsibility and the resilience to maintain one's mission in the face of adversity.
    Yeah, it's probably a lie. Scroll down to #5 on this list.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Woohoo! The wind is picking up!
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

Wind is coming, rain is more than a drizzle finally. Still have power at my house LOL, never actually revolted my computer cuz i was expecting the power to flicker again and it didn't. the tree didn't hit anything either, its just laying in the driveway. so far so good. Been occupying myself with tv and guitar but if the power holds up a little longer I'm gonna chance going online and messing around XD just don't want it to shut off when I'm in the middle of something

Weird. Lights are dimming, but I haven't lost complete power.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Annnd this storm got me stuck at work tonight. My relief had a tree fall onto his car. He can't make it in. I was supposed to be out of here at 9pm.

Not sure I'd wanna make a 40 minute commute in this anyway. I'll just stay here until morning and get paid for it.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~