User Tag List

First 2101112

Thread: storm thread

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Just popping in to say we're okay. Prepping for new storm. Hoping power doesn't go back out.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    Just popping in to say we're okay. Prepping for new storm. Hoping power doesn't go back out.
    Yeah, what is it with these storms? Are you guys getting snow? It's freaking cold down here in MD today, and I think it was snowing in Annapolis this morning.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, what is it with these storms? Are you guys getting snow? It's freaking cold down here in MD today, and I think it was snowing in Annapolis this morning.
    It started snowing a couple of hours ago. Before that, there was rain mixed with snow. It doesn't seem too bad. No wind to speak of. Snow is starting to accumulate on the grass and bushes, but not on the roads.

I just want the power to stay ON. I can't tell you how MUCH I want the power to stay on. I haven't had a good night's sleep since this stuff started (for one reason or another) and I'm to the point that I don't think I can handle trying to keep my mom and cats safe and warm without power.

ETA: Power went out again yesterday evening and I was devastated not knowing how long it would be out. Luckily, it was only about half an hour.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

How to help if you are far away?

You can donate by visiting http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations, calling 1-800-RED CROSS or texting the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation. People can also send contributions to their local American Red Cross chapter or to the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013.

Even a little bit can help.