User Tag List

View Poll Results: How will the popular vote and electoral college be split?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama wins both.

    17 54.84%
  • Romney wins both.

    2 6.45%
  • Obama wins the electoral college and Romney wins the popular vote.

    11 35.48%
  • Romney wins the electoral college and Obama wins the popular vote.

    1 3.23%
First 67891018 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 424

  1. #71
    Yup
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    Istj
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    you think this make over might help rmoney win?




    http://www.change4romney.com/#r03GU

    or this one?


    http://www.change4romney.com/r03GU/#r03GY


    maybe this will help him out with the womenz

    http://www.change4romney.com/#r03GV

  2. #72
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Actually, if you look at the polls, he's doing pretty damn well with women.

    What's truly scary about this election is how much it's dividing along racial lines.

  3. #73
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    You do realize this is a preconceived biased position, right?

    If that does happen -- which I'm hoping, but by no means certain, it will -- you should be open to either interpretation.

    Your current position would run against Socrates' exhortation to follow the evidence where it leads.
    I don't think that's necessarily the case. The position he put forward is not a double standard. He didn't say that an Obama victory wouldn't be a conspiracy and a Romney victory would. He only said an Obama victory wouldn't be a conspiracy. His issue with Romney winning appeared to primarily be about how it would interact with the popular narrative and popular belief, rather than it being evidence of some kind of shady business. He does not assume for one outcome what he refuses to assume for another.

    Of course, I'm speaking for JonnyBoy Here and he can correct me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Wouldn't it give them pretty good reason to view statistical evidence with a bit of skepticism?
    Not necessarily, though I suppose if it were really a Romney blowout victory it might. This comes back to the Nate Silver Thing. If Romney wins, there will be so many people who will declare it to be proof that Silver's statistical analysis is bunk, rather than understand that Silver's analysis still gives Romney a reasonably plausible chance of winning. With the race as close as it is, neither candidate merely winning is going to prove a hell of a lot about the statistical analysis. Their margins of victory and where they win might say something crucial. Alas, the problem is that a presidential election happens but once every four years.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  4. #74
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I don't think that's necessarily the case.
    Well, you're wrong in this case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Of course, I'm speaking for JonnyBoy Here and he can correct me.
    He already did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    You do realize this is a preconceived biased position, right?

    If that does happen -- which I'm hoping, but by no means certain, it will -- you should be open to either interpretation.

    Your current position would run against Socrates' exhortation to follow the evidence where it leads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Yes, I do. Everyone, to some extent, has preconceptions; it's human nature. The question is whether they are willing to revise those preconceptions in the face of new evidence, which I am.
    Jonnyboy is a far more open, honest and less annoying interlocutor than you are.

  5. #75
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    He already did.
    The fact that he admitted to an ability to be biased doesn't contradict any part of what I said.

    So I will continue to leave it to JonnyBoy to correct me.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  6. #76
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Well, he admitted that what I said was right.

    So if you were presuming to contradict what I said, then you were wrong.

    And, therefore, I was right, both from the get-go, and in my response to you.

  7. #77
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Well, he admitted that what I said was right.

    So if you were presuming to contradict what I said, then you were wrong.

    And, therefore, I was right, both from the get-go, and in my response to you.
    Basically, the aspect of your comments he confirmed did not actually confirm every aspect of your comments.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  8. #78
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Basically, the aspect of your comments he confirmed did not actually confirm every aspect of your comments.
    Actually, it did.

    You've just tried to put words in my mouth.

    Bending language into something the speaker was not saying is not honest interlocution.

  9. #79
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Actually, it did.

    You've just tried to put words in my mouth.
    It appears that's actually what you've been doing this whole time with JonnyBoy. Your lack of self-awareness is a monument. That is all.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  10. #80
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It appears that's actually what you've been doing this whole time with JonnyBoy.
    As Jonnyboy said, multiple times, what I said was correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Your lack of self-awareness is a monument. That is all.
    Thank you, Mr. Moralizer.

    I've seen your cam-whoring in the Member Pictures thread.

    Clearly, it is you who is lacking a great dose of self-awareness.

    But if I ever need an anal-retentive librarian, I'll make sure to call on you first.

Similar Threads

  1. United States of America, 2012 Political Positions of Two Major Parties
    By Beargryllz in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 08:16 PM
  2. US Presidential Election statistics
    By Take Five in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 10:59 PM
  3. In honor of today's presidential elections
    By Giggly in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 02:47 AM
  4. U.S.E (United states of Europe)
    By Virtual ghost in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 01:14 PM
  5. Vote Match quiz (american presidential election)
    By tovlo in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 06:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO