User Tag List

View Poll Results: How will the popular vote and electoral college be split?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama wins both.

17 54.84%
  • Romney wins both.

2 6.45%
  • Obama wins the electoral college and Romney wins the popular vote.

11 35.48%
  • Romney wins the electoral college and Obama wins the popular vote.

1 3.23%
First 253334353637 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Gay marriage... is ALL you think about.
    land of the free, home of the brave

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I doubt that, but evangelicals certainly seem to obsessed with the issue, trying to pass constitutional amendments banning it.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I am currently attending the Assemblies of God church my brother pastors. I skipped the last two Sundays and will be skipping this coming Sunday so I don't have to hear the dire warnings about abortion and gay marriage. If the GOP was going to actually ban abortion, they would have done it in the eighties or nineties. I amazed that they still believe it's a real party goal.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    If the GOP was going to actually ban abortion, they would have done it in the eighties or nineties.
    The issue is up to the Supreme Court....the GOP was never in a position to overturn Roe v. Wade themselves. I think the last major decision regarding it was 5-4 in support back in 1992, and it would have gone the other way if Kennedy hadn't changed his mind. The ideological balance within the Court has been pretty stable since then, and Kennedy's still there....if someone prioritizes abortion (on either side), they have good reason to vote for a specific party, especially since several Justices are now over 75.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah. Obviously. I mean, I'm not even gay and never post about anything else.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    gop defined themselves as racist by running toooooo far to the right and sticking with traditional courting of the white vote and focusing on just that, democrats picked up the support on demograph that the policies of the gop would have alienated plus picking up a good portion of the white votes (revenge of the working class-n- moderate republicans).
    In the process of courting alienated minority voters the Democrats went just as overboard ('gonna put ya'll back in chains!' was simply the most blatant example); they calculated that they had to do that to win, they were right (in the practical sense).

They lost a good portion of the white vote from previous years, including the 18-29 bracket....trust me, there isn't any Democratic strategist who isn't almost as worried as the Republicans with the demographic voting trends. Incidentally, members of both both parties voted almost monolithically for their partisan candidate, and even Independents favored Romney.....there was no working class/moderate Republican 'revenge'.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah. Obviously. I mean, I'm not even gay and never post about anything else.
    Over 31,000 posts. All of them about the gays.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Over 31,000 posts. All of them about the gays.
    *sniffle* It's why Lark doesn't love me anymore.

...AND THINGS WERE GOING SO WELL!!!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

FigerPuppet

I would just like to point out that Zarathustra hasn't participated in this thread since Obama's victory.

<---- Reaction.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    I would just like to point out that Zarathustra hasn't participated in this thread since Obama's victory.

<---- Reaction.
    I bet prescriptions for ADs just doubled this week for the non-Obama demographic.