User Tag List

View Poll Results: How will the popular vote and electoral college be split?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama wins both.

17 54.84%
  • Romney wins both.

2 6.45%
  • Obama wins the electoral college and Romney wins the popular vote.

11 35.48%
  • Romney wins the electoral college and Obama wins the popular vote.

1 3.23%
First 20282930313240 Last

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    now that all these non-whities are getting more comfortable with voting the republicans are going to have to rethink their strategy.
    I'm not so sure we'll see the same pattern if the next Democrat candidate is white...

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

if they remove the racism, they should be fine. they intentionally threw the race this time.

MBTI
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I'm not so sure we'll see the same pattern if the next Democrat candidate is white...
    i'm not just referring to the african-american vote from the obama factor. hispanics have turned out in high numbers too. if the democrats can hold onto a good percentage of those new voters and solidify that support the republicans will need to rethink some of their policies around immigration/illegals etc.

your resident asshole

i'm not just referring to the african-american vote from the obama factor. hispanics have turned out in high numbers too. if the democrats can hold onto a good percentage of those new voters and solidify that support the republicans will need to rethink some of their policies around immigration/illegals etc.
    Hispanics mainly turned up to vote for Obama. I'm aware that more minorities are voting. Most of them are voting for Obama--a minority. If the next Democratic candidate is not a minority, I don't know if we'll see them voting as much.

MBTI
    ----

not entirely, hispanics turned out because of the issues around immigration/illegals and romney's hardline stance on these issues. more hispanics voted for obama this time around than last time. as i said - it's up to the democrats to harness and maintain that support from new voters.

your resident asshole

not entirely, hispanics turned out because of the issues around immigration/illegals and romney's hardline stance on these issues. more hispanics voted for obama this time around than last time. as i said - it's up to the democrats to harness and maintain that support from new voters.
    All right. I'll give you that.

What's funny is that one of the newscasters on TV just said that Romney wasn't conservative enough to win the support of the Republican Party. I shudder to think of people even more conservative than him.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    All right. I'll give you that.

What's funny is that one of the newscasters on TV just said that Romney wasn't conservative enough to win the support of the Republican Party. I shudder to think of people even more conservative than him.
    uhm no, thats the reason why he lost

MBTI
    ----

yeah, he lost because he's a dopey, substandard candidate, and he and some mouthy republicans [hello 'legitimate rape' comment] alienated too many people. the idea that a republican couldn't take this election when the economy is so deep in the dunny is quite astounding. it was there for the taking if they'd ran a more disciplined campaign wtih a more savvy candidate.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    if they remove the racism, they should be fine. they intentionally threw the race this time.
    I think there were plenty of appeals to racism, and other forms of prejudice, from both sides....one of the reasons this has been such a racially and ethniclly polarized election. That said, the Republicans do need to learn to balance legitimate concerns about illegal immigration with equally legitimate concerns about the demonization effects of some of the rhetoric associated with it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Well, on another note... Bring on the Israel-Iran war. Not that any democrats care about Jews anyway.