User Tag List

View Poll Results: How will the popular vote and electoral college be split?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama wins both.

17 54.84%
  • Romney wins both.

2 6.45%
  • Obama wins the electoral college and Romney wins the popular vote.

11 35.48%
  • Romney wins the electoral college and Obama wins the popular vote.

1 3.23%
First 13212223242533 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Technically, according to Politico's tracker, if Romney takes FL and the other remaining states that will put him at 270, right?

http://www.politico.com/2012-electio...resident/2012/
    That's because politico hasn't given Obama Wisconsin yet. If everyone turns out to be wrong about Wisconsin somehow, the race would still be on.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

CNN is saying Romney isn't going to concede.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

Politico has Obama at 274 now. It's a done deal, I'd say.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    CNN is saying Romney isn't going to concede.
    What's he waiting for?

First we'll see where Nevada, Florida, and Virginia go. If he doesn't concede after that, I guess he'll be looking for a recount.
    As another interesting piece of trivia, at that point Romney will officially become the biggest asshole in the USA.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Congratulations President Obama

Senior Member EvidenceOfRedemption's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by EvidenceOfRedemption View Post
    Obama will be re-elected but Santorum would be the best president. I think it would be very interesting to see what a president with character integrity could do in office.

You all seem to forget that the majority of United States citizens are not people who are making a highly educated political decision when they go into the voting booth. Far more often it's what's safe and familiar based on what they know has worked in the past. Obama is the Tide detergent or the Microsoft Windows of the 2012 election.
    Posted 02-10-2012 10:43 AM

Did I call that or what? I also predicted it wasn't going to be close, I figured Obama to win by about 60 points or more. Nobody believed that!

Obama's imminent win was obvious, even 9 months ago. It was obvious (at least to me?) that this wouldn't be a contest... maybe that's why Romney's campaign tried so hard to make it seem like failure wasn't possible?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    What's he waiting for?

First we'll see where Nevada, Florida, and Virginia go. If he doesn't concede after that, I guess he'll be looking for a recount.
    As another interesting piece of trivia, at that point Romney will officially become the biggest asshole in the USA.
    Currently Huffington has Obama at 290.

I think the only weird spot on their map is Ohio, which has 80% reporting but Obama and Romney are tied percentage-wise -- the last 20% must make a big difference, based on their exit polling.

But even if Ohio goes back into play, it's still not enough to drop Obama below winning threshold.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

CA has 13% reporting, and Obama is within 0.3% of Romney in the popular vote. Literally 300,000 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    What's he waiting for?

Currently Huffington has Obama at 290.

I think the only weird spot on their map is Ohio, which has 80% reporting but Obama and Romney are tied percentage-wise -- the last 20% must make a big difference, based on their exit polling.

But even if Ohio goes back into play, it's still not enough to drop Obama below winning threshold.

Note: Nevada got called for OBama awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by EvidenceOfRedemption View Post
    Posted 02-10-2012 10:43 AM

Did I call that or what?

I also predicted it wasn't going to be close, I figured Obama to win by about 60 points or more. Nobody believed that!
    So far he is only up about 21, which is not close to "60".

Also, these are very tight races, so yeah, it's damned close even if the EC ends up not being close.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    EDIT: But it just did call Colorado for him. And uh.... somehow VA now has Obama leading with 6% of precincts to go. I didn't expect that... and geez, with only 4% to go, Obama has opened up FL to a 0.6% lead. Didn't expect that either.
    That is because the most populated counties (Fairfax, Prince William, Loudoun --Northern VA) tends to lean Democratic, and these are the very same counties that have the least tallied.

As for the popular vote. Even though we can call states like Washington and California regarding the electoral vote, they still have only a small percentage reporting. Once the west coast is tallied up, the popular vote is going to be much closer, and may even swing in Obama's favor.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    That is because the most populated counties (Fairfax, Prince William, Loudoun --Northern VA) tends to lean Democratic, and these are the very same counties that have the least tallied.
    Thanks... Huffington (and maybe some other sites) do actually have the state maps and you can check tallies on them, but I didn't know the party distributions.

As for the popular vote. Even though we can call states like Washington and California regarding the electoral vote, they still have only a small percentage reporting. Once the west coast is tallied up, the popular vote is going to be much closer, and may even swing in Obama's favor.
    Yes, my impression is that he's going to pass Romney at some point. It's not going to be a blow-out margin, but maybe a percent or two altogether.