User Tag List

View Poll Results: How will the popular vote and electoral college be split?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama wins both.

17 54.84%
  • Romney wins both.

2 6.45%
  • Obama wins the electoral college and Romney wins the popular vote.

11 35.48%
  • Romney wins the electoral college and Obama wins the popular vote.

1 3.23%
First 12202122232432 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

HuffPo has declared Obama winner and Politico has given Ohio to Obama as well.

Well fuck.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

If Obama actually has Ohio, it's over. He should be at 275 adding up what he has so far and the fact that Oregon is essentially guaranteed to be his.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    If Obama actually has Ohio, it's over. He should be at 275 adding up what he has so far and the fact that Oregon is essentially guaranteed to be his.
    Fox News just called the election in favor of obama.
    http://fox2now.com/2012/11/05/us-ele...from-fox-news/

Edit:Well, I was wondering why the post took so long. Now I know. Everyone was posting the same thing.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

In other news... The Libertarian party was pushing for Gary Johnson to get ~5% of the popular vote - which would be enough for the Libertarian party to receive federal funding for their campaign, among some other things. The projections and polls I heard of had him at 6-7%.

Gary Johnson barely got 3% in his home state. Much, much less elsewhere. Nowhere close to the 5% goal.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah, as soon as they called Ohio for Obama, my FaceBook account and smartphone (cuz of all the FB notifications) started going crazy. That's why it took me so long to get back here.

I have a friend claiming it's too close in Ohio and they'll have a recount, but I think she's a little loopy -- I mean, heck, Fox News just called it for Obama. See below

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Milwaukee County: only 10% reported so far.

Dane County: 33% so far.

Don't know about the leanings of other counties, but that is a lot of people unaccounted for. Milwaukee and Dane County, to me, is like San Francisco and Los Angelos for California. You take one of those counties out and the results ultimately becomes skewed.
    You guys haven't really been listening to Johnny and me.

Exit polls.

All these news orgs (liberal and conservative) are agreeing because they already know how those "missing" counties are going to go.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, as soon as they called Ohio for Obama, my FaceBook account and smartphone (cuz of all the FB notifications) started going crazy. That's why it took me so long to get back here.

I have a friend claiming it's too close in Ohio and they'll have a recount, but I think she's a little loopy -- I mean, heck, Fox News just called it for Obama.
    True, but the one thing Fox likes more than Republicans is a sensational story.

But assuming the consensus is right, all the rest is gravy. Obama either wins with a minimum of 275 votes or a maximum of 332. It will be interesting to see if he gets the popular vote, as it will be a real head ache if he does not.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISTx

I don't think he'll win the popular vote.

MBTI
    ISTx

Technically, according to Politico's tracker, if Romney takes FL and the other remaining states that will put him at 270, right?

http://www.politico.com/2012-electio...resident/2012/

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    In other news... The Libertarian party was pushing for Gary Johnson to get ~5% of the popular vote - which would be enough for the Libertarian party to receive federal funding for their campaign, among some other things. The projections and polls I heard of had him at 6-7%.

Gary Johnson barely got 3% in his home state. Much, much less elsewhere. Nowhere close to the 5% goal.
    Oh that is interesting. I didn't know about that federal funding threshold. Too bad about that. We could use some more voices/perspectives.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    I don't think he'll win the popular vote.
    He's only 800,000 votes behind, and CA hasn't been figured into that tally yet. So... uh... yeah, there's a pretty good chance he will tie at least. It's going to go heavy Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Technically, according to Politico's tracker, if Romney takes FL and the other remaining states that will put him at 270, right?

http://www.politico.com/2012-electio...resident/2012/
    That's because your map hasn't given Wisconsin to Obama yet.

EDIT: But it just did call Colorado for him. And uh.... somehow VA now has Obama leading with 6% of precincts to go. I didn't expect that... and geez, with only 4% to go, Obama has opened up FL to a 0.6% lead. Didn't expect that either.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft