User Tag List

View Poll Results: How will the popular vote and electoral college be split?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama wins both.

17 54.84%
  • Romney wins both.

2 6.45%
  • Obama wins the electoral college and Romney wins the popular vote.

11 35.48%
  • Romney wins the electoral college and Obama wins the popular vote.

1 3.23%
First 10181920212230 Last

garbage

So who won?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

BTW, Maryland is voting on a same-sex marriage issue tonight. Wonder how they will fare on that.

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    <1% reporting and they're calling Wisc. for Obama? How exactly does this work?
    Like I said before, they must have strong exit polls, are comparing their votes to the exit polls, and calculating how accurately the polls seem to reflect the vote. That is my guess. (And exit polls are supposed to be stronger than just polls, because you are asking people how they already voted, not how they "might" vote... at least if your sample is random and accurately reflects the demographic.)

I dunno. That's my guess. If someone else has more knowledge of what they're doing, feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    So who won?
    Your daddy.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

So far, Fox and Huffington seem to be calling races quickly, CNN and AP not so much (Fox called Wisconsin for Obama, btw).

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Huffington has Florida at 85% of the vote in, and Obama is up by .2%. Unless something breaks soon in either direction, they're heading for a recount.

EDIT: 87% of the vote, and Obama opened up to a .5% lead. But it looks like Santa Rosa up in the panhandle is missing yet, and that's Romney territory. Yeah, I think they're fubared... unless the remaining 46% of the vote in Miami-Dade REALLY pushes Obama's numbers.

EDIT2: 0.6% lead for Obama now in FL, at 89% of vote. But I think it's likely for Romney to take both VA and NC at this point.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I thought it'd be sort of close during the tallies and votes, but that the winner would still be known before it ended.. as close as it is right now it seems like it truly could go either way.
    Well, Nate Silver put it at 90% For Obama the day before the election. Other stat monkeys have had a similar forecast. Even if they were right, it's not going to be the results of this election unfold any faster.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    <1% reporting and they're calling Wisc. for Obama? How exactly does this work?
    And that was actually with Obama behind Romney. I don't get it.

I will say that of all the so-called swing states, Wisconsin going to Romney would be the biggest upset. It seems very unlikely based on polling figures up to this point.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Looking at the map, VA might have a little play left in it, but it's coming down to Florida, Ohio, Colorado, and I suppose Iowa's worth a few points although it leans Obama. I think everything else will play out as expected in the west.

Romney is up about 2.5% in the popular vote (about 1.4 million), but that's going to close up pretty quick once CA comes online.

MBTI
    FREE

Exit polls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Epiphany

A woman at McDonalds said that her friend voted for Obama because Romney is against tampons. This is gonna be a close race.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

15 min more min and washington polls close

did faux news just blame obama for sending hurricane sandy into the states, just so he could win the election?