User Tag List

View Poll Results: How will the popular vote and electoral college be split?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama wins both.

17 54.84%
  • Romney wins both.

2 6.45%
  • Obama wins the electoral college and Romney wins the popular vote.

11 35.48%
  • Romney wins the electoral college and Obama wins the popular vote.

1 3.23%
First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    My prediction: Romney winds by cheating. Dems challenge it, but lose.
    Romney doesn't need to cheat. The Republican party has been doing everything it can to suppress Democratic voters for months. The Republican governments in Ohio and Florida are doing everything they can to keep people from voting, even taking cases to the Supreme Court to end early voting. It's treasonous if you ask me.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Romney doesn't need to cheat. The Republican party has been doing everything it can to suppress Democratic voters for months. The Republican governments in Ohio and Florida are doing everything they can to keep people from voting, even taking cases to the Supreme Court to end early voting. It's treasonous if you ask me.
    Now, now -- I'm pretty sure Ohio still wanted the military early vote to count, just not the black vote.

(Of course, that is why the courts ruled against them. Or did I miss an appeal in there?)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'd consider that a form of cheating.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I've been thinking it through, and I'm afraid there's gunna be a mass recount, involving Virginia, Colorado, Ohio, Iowa, and Nevada.

New Hampshire might be next to get involved, but I think that'll be less important and dealt with more efficiently.

If frickin Florida, North Carolina, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania get dragged in...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I've been thinking it through, and I'm afraid there's gunna be a mass recount, involving Virginia, Colorado, Ohio, Iowa, and Nevada.
    Oh gawd... please no.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh gawd... please no.
    I know...

I think Colorado, Iowa, and Nevada are the most likely.

And I think, if it goes down that road, Ohio will likely be swept up in it.

Virginia seems less likely; if it goes to Romney, it would only happen if the Dems want to add to the clusterfuck.

Of course, I could totally be wrong, and either one of em could win it in a landslide, making the recount essentially unnecessary.

But, anything less than a complete blowout, and I just don't see how, based on game theory, both camps wouldn't be prepraring for it.

Both sides are definitely still more focused on their main narrative, but I really don't see how this can't be being brought up in the Romney camp.

And, well, if it's being brought up as a possibility in the Romney camp, then it has to be being brought up as a possibility in the Obama camp...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, it was reported last week that both camps had a team of lawyers set up for that eventuality. Which only makes sense.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

^^ alternately, Virginia could be ground zero, as it should be one of the closest, and, if Romney doesn't win it, he has almost no chance of winning (it's one of the three swing states he must win, imo, to have a real shot [Florida and NC being the other two]). If it ends up barely going to Obama, and Romney thinks he has a shot with Colorado, Ohio, Nevada, and/or Iowa, he might go for all of em.

^ yeah, pretty much; wouldn't make sense not to...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

New Hampshire might be next to get involved, but I think that'll be less important and dealt with more efficiently.

If frickin Florida, North Carolina, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania get dragged in...

All of this contention over how the elections are conducted is undermining our republic. The federal government needs to step in and at least set some sort of guidelines for this, such as requiring states to have enough polling places to actually handle all voters in a reasonable amount of time. The feds don't need to micro-manage, but some states are getting very close to violating the 15th amendment.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I just learned from my local news that I live in a bellwether county. We've had two misses since 1892 and none since 1956. We're (stupidly) on Eastern time, so if I don't have something else going on Tuesday night, I'll post our results as soon as I know them.

I might spend that evening at McDonald's since we don't have cable. I think they play FOX in the morning when all the old guys are having their coffee and CNN the rest of the time.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers