User Tag List

First 12345 Last

At OP: No, I would not.

Although Migliorini, a physical education student, has claimed to media that she planned to donate as much as 90 percent of the auction price to charities that will build homes in the Brazilian state of Santa Catarina, even auction organizer Justin Sisely, who devised the plan for a proposed documentary, was skeptical.

"I was surprised she said that because in all my dealings with her, she made it clear that it was a business decision for her," Australian filmmaker Justin Sisely told The Huffington Post recently. "Now, given how big this story is in Brazil, she's trapped. If she doesn't give any money to charity, she's going to look bad."
    I'm skeptical as well.

As for the "donation," it may be hard to find a charity willing to take cash from a person who got it by selling her virginity to the highest bidder, according to Cleon Daskalakis, a former Boston Bruin who now runs NetRaffle.org, a company that raises money for charities on the Internet.

"This type of transaction is setting a dangerous precedent, not to mention a call for global prostitution on a one-time basis," he told HuffPost. "To those of us who promote professional and successful fundraising vehicles, this is a disgrace. I can't imagine any legitimate charity would want to be associated with this type of promotion."
    Oh, I'm sure someone will take it, but they're right that most (reputable) charities will not risk their very existence by accepting money tainted by prostitution.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    $780,000?

I don't think there's anyone I'd fuck in any circumstance for that money.
    I'm curious about this. 780k is a lot of money. A lot more than it seems. It's a couple of decades of saving money. It's an annuity that pays you over 30k a year for the rest of your life.

Not a judgment one way or the other, but the question I have (for everyone) is if they are really considering just how much value that kind of money has. It's enough to save a lot of lives, feed a lot of people, free up your entire life... You aren't just valuing your virginity to that price point, but rather what that price point can be traded for.

Migliorini will also undergo an examination to prove she is as pure as the driven snow
    I am pretty sure that it is a myth that you confirm that a woman has had penetrative sex based on physical examination.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I do, its one of the pinnacles of capitalism. People as commodities. Human experience as consumer trip.
    Do you dislike amusement parks? They are nothing but commercialized experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I am pretty sure that it is a myth that you confirm that a woman has had penetrative sex based on physical examination.
    I'm not sure it is 100% reliable, but it is done, basically checking for an intact hymen. Women in some conservative middle eastern or African countries even have it surgically reattached if they have had premarital sex, to appear virgin on their wedding night.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Indeed it is.

How in the world can someone prove that they are a virgin?

It's not hurting anyone but I sure don't understand this "where no man has gone before" thing.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Prostitution and my post mentioning clubs (this) - which do you find more creepy?

@Salomé What about this?
    I think it's creepy for anyone to suggest that buying drinks for a partner turns a one-night stand into a commercial transaction. Or by extension, that a woman who accepts a drink from a man and later sleeps with him, is a prostitute. Is that what you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

WhoCares

Well I'm sure her parents would be proud. Straight from high school into prostitution. What makes me wonder is this purchasing virginity thing for such a high sum. Sure the guy could just be old, ugly, eccentric. Or he could be a complete sicko with god knows what kind of fetish. I wouldn't want my first experience of sex to be at the hands of a strange fetishist that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I think it's creepy for anyone to suggest that buying drinks for a partner turns a one-night stand into a commercial transaction. Or by extension, that a woman who accepts a drink from a man and later sleeps with him, is a prostitute. Is that what you think?
    Nope.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Women have been exchanging sex for money/material benefit since our species has existed. All that changes is the nature, frequency, and social acceptability of the exchanges.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Women have been exchanging sex for money/material benefit since our species has existed. All that changes is the nature, frequency, and social acceptability of the exchanges.
    I've heard it's the first profession. I haven't investigated how much truth is in it, but as far as I'm concerned, it partially makes sense.