User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Bush (almost) Impeached!

Kucinich unveiled a list of alleged illegal and improper acts by Bush, including war crimes.

He accused Bush executing a "calculated and wide-ranging strategy" to deceive citizens and Congress into believing that Iraq posed an imminent threat to the United States.

He went on to say that Bush and Cheney lied to Congress and the American public about the reasons for invading Iraq in 2003 and abused their offices in order to conduct the "War on Terror" following the 9/11 attacks.

"Bush misled the American people and members of Congress to believe Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction so as to manufacture a false case for war. President George W. Bush, by such conduct, is guilty of an impeachable offense warranting removal from office," Kucinich said.

He has already introduced a similar impeachment resolution against Vice President Cheney.

Video

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Has he been convicted? Or is it just an accusation at this point?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

All true, but a waste of time. The Rs control the House. Bush will never be impeached.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    All true, but a waste of time. The Rs control the House. Bush will never be impeached.
    Probably right.

No one cares anymore, honestly. It's all paperwork at this point. He's already off the national scene, even with 7-8 months to go. No one wants to be bothered, it's old news.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    OMNi

I love how the national media is practically being blatant about its refusal to cover the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Probably right.

No one cares anymore, honestly. It's all paperwork at this point. He's already off the national scene, even with 7-8 months to go. No one wants to be bothered, it's old news.
    I'd like to see the whole bunch of them frog-marched before a war crimes tribunal though. Starting with Cheney.

Yeah that's right, I said it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Has he been convicted? Or is it just an accusation at this point?
    It's just a charge.

Given the timing of the whole thing, it sounds like a publicity stunt for Kucinich, but the charges are pretty fucking crazy. From the portion I heard, the CIA and Bush admin are funding terrorist regimes against Iran, and at the same time trying to use phony charges of terrorism to kick ass and protect its interests in the Middle East.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    I'd like to see the whole bunch of them frog-marched before a war crimes tribunal though. Starting with Cheney.
    I shamefully have to admit I could derive a great deal of mental stimulation from imagining such a scene in glorious detail.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INtP

For the record, Bush hasn't been impeached. Kucinich has introduced articles of impeachment - which will almost certainly never be approved by the house as a whole. Don't get me wrong, I think there's probably a lot of truth in most, if not all, of Kucinich's claims - but it's not going anywhere - which is too bad. The right time for this was right after the 2006 elections, but the democratic leadership refused to consider it.

I doubt it's a publicity stunt for Kucinich himself - personally he really has nothing to gain - he has to know that it won't get acted upon, and he's far too "left" to get much further politically than he is now. Looks like he just wants to make a statement. But it will be interesting to see how much (or how little) coverage in the media this gets. Regardless of what happens, it *is* newsworthy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    I doubt it's a publicity stunt for Kucinich himself - personally he really has nothing to gain [...]
    Right, he's just keeping the heat on the Republicans. Bush's approval is what? Under 30%? And Cheney is polling lower than Satan these days, but it won't hurt for people to be reminded right up until the election what has been done in the name of America these last 7 years.